key bindings! (there or not?)

Kombinovaný pohled Klasický pohled Stromové zobrazení
Vlákna [ Předchozí | Další ]
toggle
key bindings! (there or not?)
Odpověď
14.5.11 22:22
All,

Forgive me if this is an already there, but the one thing that griddlers is missing is KEYBINDINGS. Solving these things with a mouse and buttons is about as efficient as doing them with pencil with gloves on, and its exceedingly frustrating.

Picross for the DS had up-down-left-right keybings with a toggle, ie: you could maneuver through the grid and toggle whether not you were marking squares, selecting squares or getting rid of squares. Doing that here would be awesome, with a different key bound for each color, and up-down-left-right keys bound for griddlers to maneuver (and perhaps 6 or so keys for the tri puzzles).

Does anything like this already exist? If so that'd be awesome, otherwise I'll wait for it - it's just way too frustrating solving these puzzles otherwise.

Thanks much,

Ed

RE: key bindings! (there or not?)
Odpověď
15.5.11 5:56 jako reakce na horos22.
I strongly recommend to read the How to Use page. You'll be amazed to see the numerous Keyboard shortcut (key bindings) the applet provides.

Enjoy solving!
Hagit

Odpověď
15.5.11 12:28 jako reakce na hagitm.
hagitm:
I strongly recommend to read the How to Use page. You'll be amazed to see the numerous Keyboard shortcut (key bindings) the applet provides.

Enjoy solving!
Hagit

Hagit,

Thanks for the info - the selectable colors and backspacing is great, but my main frustration is not being able to maneuver with the keyboard. It also seems that some of those keybindings have not made it to the tri puzzle applet.

Given the amount of counting going on - and the need to be precise in doing so to solve - my usual method is basically hitting the keys and keeping track of how many squares I encounter whilst doing so (or tapping on paper for each square, same difference). When I'm solving the problem, I hit 'space' to mark all the squares according to what I find.

Whilst using the applet - and a mouse on a laptop - I've found that this is exceedingly difficult. The mouse slips, I lose track, and have to start again. Its exceedingly frustrating.

Surely it would be possible to add a couple of keybindings for movement and square placement just to make it easier for us laptop users?

Odpověď
15.5.11 12:37 jako reakce na horos22.
Hi

I understand you request, however there is a problem with a mouse events. Whenever you move your mouse, new cell is selected.
However there is one useful tool to help you count. If you press Alt button during mouse drag, you will get selected rectangle. The size of the rectangle is shown in left panel under the Save button.

Ra100

Odpověď
16.5.11 1:09 jako reakce na Ra100.
Ra100:
Hi

I understand you request, however there is a problem with a mouse events. Whenever you move your mouse, new cell is selected.
However there is one useful tool to help you count. If you press Alt button during mouse drag, you will get selected rectangle. The size of the rectangle is shown in left panel under the Save button.

Ra100

Thanks that helps a bit - although I don't see how that really helps with the tri puzzles.

In any case you are right - going with the keyboard, I'd have to forego using the mouse. Since on the laptop a mouse is much more of a hindrance than a help, this doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I'd suggest that there be a 'toggle' mode, with escape or some such key toggling between mouse and keyboard, and holding down shift allow people to 'fast fill' (ie: shift-up-arrow would both move the selected cell and paint the current cell with whatever color is highlighted.

It really would make the difference between me being able to use this interface or not, and I'm sure I'm not the only one with a laptop who would be in this situation.

Moderátoři fóra: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.