« Tilbage til iGridd Applet - Suggestion Box

I do nothing but kvetch (xxxooo...hugs and kisses!)

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Tråde [ Tidligere | Næste ]
toggle
I'm having troubles with the "X" and "O" markers with the new applet. Spcifically, how can one erase them without having to resort to backspacing (and thus destroying parts of the puzzle one wants to keep)?

I had a doozy of a time when I made a mistake -- yes, it happens even for me -- in a small part of a puzzle. I cleared the squares in the field but couldn't clear the markers I had placed in error. In neither the solving field nor in the clues. Using the backspace function would have undone a lot of GOOD -- yes, I can sometimes do that, too -- work.

Now I have to confess to an affair. Blindchicken.com has a (much inferior) set of puzzles but it does use a great system for marking the clues as "used". It doesn't mark them as necessary used correctly, but that that particular clue has been accounted for. This is very helpful when working on vertical clues and having the horizontal ones you get by attrition automatically marked (vs having to go back line-by-line).

Hey, this isn't urgent. After putting the applet together y'all should take at least a month off. I have a pad of unused doctor excuses should you need 'em.

Best,
Sean

Re: I do nothing but kvetch (xxxooo...hugs and kisses!)
Answer
15-01-07 22:55 as a reply to FredTheYounger.
Hi Fred emoticon

Removing the markers is easy, once you know it: Use the ctrl-key in the same combination with your mouse keys as you use to place the X's and O's. Ctrl-right click to remove the O, ctrl-left for the X. If you turn the Area Mode on, you can clean a whole area of X's or O's at once.

(I always wonder why people bother to write help-pages. Does anyone ever read them?)

I'm not quite sure if I want the program to tick off solved clues. What if there is a row of single clues and you don't know which of those have been placed already? I wouldn't want the program to tell me!

Unless I'm completely stuck...

Jelga

Answer
15-01-07 23:16 as a reply to FredTheYounger.
(I always wonder why people bother to write help-pages. Does anyone ever read them?)

(If they load, they will be read!)

No doubt a problem on my end, but I can't get anything out of it. Zilch. Nada. As if poking a disconnected panic button.

As for the automatic markers, check it out to see how it works. Hard to explain 'til you see it in action.

Truly, though, thanks for the help. You know, I still hold down the ALT/CTRL (which? I can't tell you as it is now a muscle memory) key even though I've the "draw field" activated. Old habits.

Gracias Beaucoup,
Sean

Answer
15-01-07 23:26 as a reply to FredTheYounger.
Do they open by this link for you?

Learn how to use the new applet

It really has been a big effort to write -or in my case, translate- them, so at least people should be able to open them! emoticon

Jelga

Forum Moderatorer: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.