« Back to Authors Realm

Are there any Picross/Nonogram/etc editors out there I can use?

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Hi, I've been solving puzzles on the site for some time, but this is my first time posting on the forums.

I recently purchased a book called "O'ekaki Decadence," which contains a series of Picross puzzles (I call them Picrosses, mostly because I first heard of them through Picross DS). I want to play them on my computer, but Griddlers doesn't allow you to post puzzles that've been created by someone else. So, I was wondering if anyone else had ideas for other (free, if possible) puzzle editors?

What I'm looking for is something that allows you to punch in the numbers along the sides (without going into the grid and drawing out the squares, since I've obviously not solved these yet), and have the capacity to handle 40x40 sized puzzles (since those are the largest in the book that I know of). If anyone could help me out here, I'd appreciate it.

RE: Are there any Picross/Nonogram/etc editors out there I can use?
Answer
09/12/11 07:42 as a reply to Lem_Gambino.
I'm not sure really why you would want to do this. I too purchased that book and books like that are meant for time away from the computer to "get your puzzle on." It wouldn't be right to spend all your time puzzling at the computer would it? Just my thoughts.

I highly doubt there is any program that would do what you ask but if you were to use an Excel Spreadsheet, I think you could easily create 40x40 with same size squares and paint a picture in that program. The only think would be that you wouldn't know if you correctly solved the puzzle.

I think the time it would take to set up such a file would be more than the time it would take you to solve it by hand. :?

RE: Are there any Picross/Nonogram/etc editors out there I can use?
Answer
09/12/11 19:46 as a reply to cosmictrombonis.
Heh, you have a point. I have a scanner and a printer, I'll just use those to put out the puzzles. Thanks for the advice.

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.