« Back to Macintosh

the griddlers aren't showing since the newest changes

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
I'm not sure if it is a mac problem, but since the latest changes the griddler window just turn up grey. Anyone else had the same problem?

RE: the griddlers aren't showing since the newest changes
Answer
01/09/10 01:19 as a reply to momsen.
I am. I was told there was a problem with Mac version 10.4 and asked to show the Java logs. I am trying to figure out how to do that. I reported it under the news section on the home page, after clicking on the link about the upgrade if you want to follow.

Answer
01/09/10 06:36 as a reply to momsen.
momsen:
I'm not sure if it is a mac problem, but since the latest changes the griddler window just turn up grey. Anyone else had the same problem?

If you use a PC - upgrade your Java.
Hagit

Answer
03/09/10 15:19 as a reply to momsen.
I have the same problem. I checked the griddlers help page and they say to use Java 5 to run the puzzles. But as far as I can tell, Mac has only released Java 5 for OS 10.5 and higher (I am running OS 10.4).

Answer
03/09/10 17:21 as a reply to thelorax88.
Hi, I found one really old java compiler which should compile also for Macosx10.4 , please test the latest version of applet.

Answer
07/09/10 11:01 as a reply to momsen.
I managed to find Java 5.0 for OS10.4 and have installed it, but the griddlers are still not working. When I hit solve, I just get a blank grey window with no puzzle. The only thing that works is the top bar of the window with the counter for the solving time of the puzzle.

Answer
18/09/10 22:39 as a reply to thelorax88.
I have found that if I resize the grey window, the puzzle shows up and works fine.

Answer
20/09/10 07:15 as a reply to swampdweller.
Thanks Swampdweller! As soon as I change the window size the puzzle shows up. How strange. I'm glad it works though emoticon

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.