« Back to iGridd Applet

iGridd disappears for no reason

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
iGridd disappears for no reason
Answer
26/12/12 03:44
Since the new applet, I'll be working along and then poof!  No more puzzle.  No more applet.  Then when I open it again, I have to reclear the whatsit in the reset.  I've been trying to save regularly, but I'm scared to do a really tricky puzzle and have it go poof.  There are puzzles that are like Mt. Fuji, and not meant to be climbed twice...

Is this an iGridd/Griddlers problem?  Or is it local to me?

RE: iGridd disappears for no reason
Answer
26/12/12 12:20 as a reply to glllop.
glllop:
I'm scared to do a really tricky puzzle and have it go poof.
No need to be scared. If you saved a puzzle - it IS saved. If you solved - it IS solved. As for the cause to slow down the website - I hope we'll find it soon. Getting info from you is important and helps us greatly.

Answer
27/12/12 00:43 as a reply to hagitm.
Thanks, Hagit!  What I meant was that I was scared to do a hard puzzle where it would go poof and I'd lose the unsaved part.  I've checked.  There is no autosave on the poofed ones.  So that breakthrough I would have had in the last 15 minutes since I saved would be just gone.  I was taking advantage of the slow season to use unaddled brains to finish up some less relaxing/more challenging puzzles, but gave in before going back to Miss Tress (which I would like to finish sometime) because I'd just be too crushed to lose it.  Just now a whole 50x50 that was nearly done went poof, but it was a not very hard part of an only moderately challenging multi and probably only took twenty minutes of relaxed time to replace.

It seems to me that this happens at different times during the day, but it's only happened once while I was actively working the puzzle.  It might have been during the time frame in the link.  I'm in GMT -8, but I'm not sure if I wrote my post right when it happened which would have been too early.  The post might have even been the next day, when I was avoiding redoing that one piece.  I was thinking it happened in the evening, which might have made it in the suspect time frame.  I'll let you know if it poofs again today.

Answer
30/12/12 03:59 as a reply to glllop.
iGridd hasn't disappeared since I posted.  OTOH, tonight, at about 7:30 pm p.s.t. (GMT-8), I finished a puzzle and it hung up delivering the score.  Kind of hung the whole computer.  I didn't need the computer, so let it be.  After quite awhile (5 minutes?), I got the failed to deliver score message and said yes to retry.  When I came back, it had the same message, and the yes worked that time.  That was at about 7:55.

I'm sorry I didn't take better note of the exact times.

Answer
30/12/12 12:18 as a reply to glllop.
We still "fight" against something that happens during the night. The peak is between 2 to 4 AM GMT, so we believe. Any detail and/or fragments of into are welcome. It helps up finding the culprit. We strongly hope to put it to an end asap. Just be platient, please.

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.