problem with applet - lists not working

Vista combinada Visión Plana Vista de árbol
Threads [ Anterior | Siguiente ]
toggle
problem with applet - lists not working
Respuesta
22/01/07 20:32
Hi!

I've been using new applet for a couple of days and noticed a bug (or some kind of failure).
After I save a list of puzzles, it works for 2 days and then disappears. It looks like the list is there, but no griddlers appear and the filters are different. Even if I remove the list and save a new one to the slot it does not work.
This is the same for Multis, but I didn't check triddlers.
For example - the list in the picture used to be my "medium b&w by popularity" list.

(and one more thing - when I open web-start sometimes it stops on checking for updates and does not start at all)
Adjunto

archivos adjuntos: fail.JPG (79,7k)

Re: problem with applet - lists not working
Respuesta
22/01/07 22:35 en respuesta a powsinoga.
Hi Pow,

It sounds as if your Java is corrupted. Please try if uninstalling and then downloading the latest version of Java helps. And please, tell us if it does help or not.

Jelga

Respuesta
23/01/07 9:27 en respuesta a powsinoga.
I did that too and nothing helped (
Right now I just saved as many lists as needed to have my favourite working.

Respuesta
23/01/07 12:33 en respuesta a powsinoga.
[quote="powsinoga"]I did that too and nothing helped emoticon
I checked your account and you have only 4 lists saved. That doesn't sound like "many".
Open the Java Console and save a new list. If you get an error message in the console - copy and paste it in here.

Hagit

Respuesta
23/01/07 19:21 en respuesta a powsinoga.
[quote="hagitm"][quote="powsinoga"]I did that too and nothing helped emoticon
I checked your account and you have only 4 lists saved. That doesn't sound like "many".
Open the Java Console and save a new list. If you get an error message in the console - copy and paste it in here.

Hagit

I wrote as many lists as needed, this is a bit different ;)
I never get any error messages. Just older lists stop showing, like in the screen in first post.
New lists can be saved just fine.

Respuesta
23/01/07 21:47 en respuesta a powsinoga.
[quote="powsinoga"]I never get any error messages. Just older lists stop showing, like in the screen in first post.
New lists can be saved just fine.
Error messages won't always show in the applet itself, you need to open the Java-console to see them. Are the new lists still ok, when you reopen the applet? Once a list is corrupted it might stay that way and it's best to delete it. If the now ones give you troubles again, please check for errors in the console and paste them here.

Jelga

Respuesta
26/01/07 20:43 en respuesta a powsinoga.
I don't know how to run this "console".
But
After new couple of days everything is still fine.
Come to think, I might have an idea why it happened at all.
When I wanted to run iGridd for the first time, I got a message that I have an old version of Java (I wouldn't call it old, but I installed it something like a month ago so a lot could have changed). I installed new Java. Then I ran iGridd. Then I installed WebStart. Two days later Java prompted me, that there is some kind of update that I should get. I got it and I think that it was then, when my lists stopped working. So that would be both applet and Java problem.

Moderadores del foro: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.