« Volver a iGridd Applet

Avatars are distorted, and other problems

Vista combinada Visión Plana Vista de árbol
Threads [ Anterior | Siguiente ]
toggle
I know this is a minor problem, but it finally bothered me enough to post about it, and maybe it's not too hard to fix. The avatars are "squished" vertically. Mine doesn't look that bad, but "patootie", for example, is so distorted that it's difficult to see what it's supposed to be. This is not a problem in the online version - only in the iGridd Applet.

I assume you already know about the other problem with the Comment section -- multiple listings.

And the problem with clicking an item in the List, and being ignored. Sometimes this one is so bad that I have to close the Applet and reopen it to get it to work again. One time I decided to see if my click would eventually get recognized, and I left it overnight - it was still being ignored the next day!
Adjunto

archivos adjuntos: patootie.jpg (2,1k)

RE: Avatars are distorted, and other problems
Respuesta
27/11/11 9:05 en respuesta a prof611.
prof611:
I know this is a minor problem, but it finally bothered me enough to post about it, and maybe it's not too hard to fix. The avatars are "squished" vertically. Mine doesn't look that bad, but "patootie", for example, is so distorted that it's difficult to see what it's supposed to be. This is not a problem in the online version - only in the iGridd Applet.

I'll consult with Rasto and ask him why it was done like that. I believe it is possible to make them both look alike.

prof611:
I assume you already know about the other problem with the Comment section -- multiple listings.

It's the first time I hear about it. It will be fixed.

prof611:
And the problem with clicking an item in the List, and being ignored.

The first line in the comments area has 3 links. Click on Settings and select "Simple format". I think it'll speed up the applet's performance.

Hagit

Respuesta
28/11/11 20:45 en respuesta a hagitm.
Thanks, Hagit, for the quick response, and for looking into the first two problems. But you misinterpreted the third problem:

prof611:
And the problem with clicking an item in the List, and being ignored.

The first line in the comments area has 3 links. Click on Settings and select "Simple format". I think it'll speed up the applet's performance.

I meant the List tab, where you choose a puzzle.

Respuesta
28/11/11 21:08 en respuesta a prof611.
prof611:
I meant the List tab, where you choose a puzzle.

When you click on a row (in the List tab) you call for a puzzle. It includes the comments. My suggestion was to use the simple format in hope it would speed up the response. Try it. If it doesn't have any effect, select the full format.
Hagit

Respuesta
3/12/11 10:16 en respuesta a hagitm.
Hi,

Rasto checked all your complaints and here are his findings:

Trouble #2 - duplicate comments. He couldn't implement it, therefore Rasto believes it is a local error. It means that it happens on your computer because of certain circumstances. It's hard to tell which ones, becaue there is no computer that similars to another. However, Rasto believes that it may fix itself in the next Java release. I disagree, btw (sorry, Rasto), because it hapenned to me as well. I have several computers (at home, at work) and looked at the comments via those computers. I realized that if I use a "strong" computer (4G RAM, dual processor) everything looks fine. But if I use a "less strong" computer - the troubles start. Troubles are not only duplicates comments. I even saw a complete messup - all the comments as one "article", no spaces, no brakes, no images.

This strong/less strong computer also explains trouble #3 - the applet doesn't do what you ask it to. The less strong computer doesn't have enough resources to fulfil the command.

The best solution for troubles #2 and #3 is to use the Simple Format option. I tried it and everything works well.

As for trouble #1 - distorted images. As I mentioned several times before, very soon we are going to upgrade all the systems/components on the servers. One of the components deals with the avatars. Let's see how the images look after the upgrade. It may fix itself.

Hagit

Respuesta
4/12/11 18:08 en respuesta a hagitm.
I'm glad you could duplicate the bugs. I guess I have a "weak" computer. This isn't the only time I have found "bugs" in programs that other people couldn't duplicate.

I tried the Simple Format option, and it seems to solve both problems, which is great, but I miss seeing the avatars.

---
Professor

Moderadores del foro: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.