Java Problems

Creating Puzzles

Alternar
Creating Puzzles
Respuesta
12/01/04 15:43
After making a puzzle in the workshop, I click on check, the save button appears but when I click on save, I get a message that says "cannot open output twice". Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong. I've followed all the instructions to a T but none of the five puzzles I've made, are getting saved. Thanks for any help.
0 (0 Votos)

Re: Creating Puzzles
Respuesta
13/01/04 12:55 en respuesta a debbie starman.
>After making a puzzle in the workshop, I click on check, the save button appears but when I click on save, I get a message that says "cannot open output twice". Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong. I've followed all the instructions to a T but none of the five puzzles I've made, are getting saved. Thanks for any help.

Update your Java to the last version Java 2, version 1.4.2_03.

Hagit
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
14/01/04 2:28 en respuesta a debbie starman.
>>After making a puzzle in the workshop, I click on check, the save button appears but when I click on save, I get a message that says "cannot open output twice". Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong. I've followed all the instructions to a T but none of the five puzzles I've made, are getting saved. Thanks for any help.
>
>Update your Java to the last version Java 2, version 1.4.2_03.
>
>Hagit

I've done that several times although the triddlers still do not seem to be working for me. Could you tell me if along with checking the use java sun box under explorer options, am I also supposed to have any boxes checked under Microsoft VM? (i.e. java logging or JIT compiler).
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
14/01/04 3:07 en respuesta a debbie starman.
With the old Java I used to import bmp files. When I upgraded to the latest Java they didn't work for me anymore. The puzzle would load in blank. You have to use gif files. Maybe that's the problem?

>
>I've done that several times although the triddlers still do not seem to be working for me. Could you tell me if along with checking the use java sun box under explorer options, am I also supposed to have any boxes checked under Microsoft VM? (i.e. java logging or JIT compiler).
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
14/01/04 3:35 en respuesta a debbie starman.
>With the old Java I used to import bmp files. When I upgraded to the latest Java they didn't work for me anymore. The puzzle would load in blank. You have to use gif files. Maybe that's the problem?
>
>>
>>I've done that several times although the triddlers still do not seem to be working for me. Could you tell me if along with checking the use java sun box under explorer options, am I also supposed to have any boxes checked under Microsoft VM? (i.e. java logging or JIT compiler).

No, I'm using the gifs and reducing them in size to 50 x 50 and I've also hand drawn them out but still get the same error message. Could you tell me what boxes you have checked under the Microsoft VM box? Thanks for your help.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
14/01/04 9:50 en respuesta a debbie starman.
sandyeggan, please double check the version of Sun Java in IE's internet options. IF you do not see "Java 2 v1.4.2_03" click on the java image in the home page.

When the new page loads, click on the "Get It Now" button at the top right of the page. This will install the latest Sun Java. Try this and let us know if it helped.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
14/01/04 15:43 en respuesta a debbie starman.
When looking through the forums I saw previous posts about the Opera browser working so I went ahead and downloaded it and it works for me.
I can make puzzles, do triddlers, the whole works (yippee!). I tried IE after making a puzzle in Opera and it still doesn't work so I think I'll just use Opera while I'm here. Thanks for all your help. Great support at this site!
0 (0 Votos)

Moderadores del foro: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.