How Do You Prefer Solving?

Vista combinada Visión Plana Vista de árbol
Threads [ Anterior | Siguiente ]
toggle
How Do You Prefer Solving?
Respuesta
7/02/12 3:51
This is mostly for multi-griddlers.

How do you prefer solving them?  Do you go by mid-point time?  Is it just start with the upper left & work across?  Solve the borders & work your way inward?  Randomly choose a square to work?  Something else?

I usually take it by the mid-point time.  However, if there are some neighboring sections I think might be easy to work (like if there's a pattern in the puzzle), I tackle those next.

Thoughts?
emoticon

RE: How Do You Prefer Solving?
Respuesta
7/02/12 19:50 en respuesta a wbennett.
It depends. There used to be a time when I was working on high point puzzles only, so I'd just solve the parts that gave me loads of points. That way I ended up with a lot of unfinished multis. Nowadays I mostly work on those multis, sometimes choosing for a quick 30x30 part of a 100 parts puzzle, other times I try to finish the real challenges. With the big ones, I try to leave the best part of the image for last - like the face of a person or the eyes inside the face. That way the final result will still surprise me, even though most of the puzzle has been solved already.

Jelga

Respuesta
10/02/12 14:18 en respuesta a wbennett.
I do a bit of everything, try and keep up with some of the new Griddlers, do some singles, then some multi's, some low scoring Griddlers and then struggle with some higher scoring ones, sometimes I pick one of my favourite authors and do some of their wonderful creations, then again I like going to themes ... or even just put one word in the search box and see what comes up ... there are so many ways to do Griddlers it's impossible to get bored emoticon

Respuesta
10/02/12 15:31 en respuesta a wbennett.
I start with the first tile and go clockwise around the border. All the way to the center...

This is almost the as I do with Jig-saw puzzles (border first). The border is often easy, and dosn't hold much info about about the picture, but You get som idea.

emoticon

Respuesta
10/02/12 16:34 en respuesta a wbennett.
Mid times.. I just like going through the puzzles at random.

Respuesta
10/02/12 18:11 en respuesta a wbennett.
I start with mid-time and then once I'm over abour 75% done I pick and choose to finish line by line. I usually save a central/key puzzle to be the final piece...

Respuesta
10/02/12 21:43 en respuesta a wbennett.
A few years ago I prefered solving Multis from top-left to bottom-right but nowadays I usually do them by mid-time if I want to do many puzzles quickly or by points if I want to climb up the top solvers list emoticon

Respuesta
11/02/12 17:44 en respuesta a wbennett.
I usually start from upper left and go with rows or by neighbours. Sometimes, when I have not enough free time, I skip these with high mid-time.

Respuesta
11/02/12 21:03 en respuesta a wbennett.
Mid time.

Respuesta
11/02/12 21:33 en respuesta a wbennett.
I prefer Multi Griddlers but not of every "creator"

I'm in for the fun, not for the points

Mostly I take a random square to work.
A square to difficult; I start a new one and later on come back to the difficult one.
That works the best for me.

Respuesta
6/09/13 13:11 en respuesta a wbennett.
I just like to solve each multi-griddler as they are listed. I start from the top left and work my way across until the picture is finished. I don't like the black and white ones though, they drive me mad!

Respuesta
11/09/13 5:53 en respuesta a wbennett.
Often by mid time, but not in any consistent direction. Sometimes I do the longest ones first, so the progress speeds up as I go.

Respuesta
17/09/13 16:49 en respuesta a WooHooII.
Like most other folk, I tend to go by midtime, except when I've done a lot of a section I try to finish it. If a particular section has a low mid-time compared to the rest, I'll try to solve adjacent cells over a strict increasing order.

Respuesta
17/09/13 19:39 en respuesta a Nyissa.
Me too, I like the surprise

Respuesta
2/10/13 21:05 en respuesta a warchild.
EIther by mid time or from upper left to bottom right.

Respuesta
10/05/14 3:40 en respuesta a wbennett.
I choose at random peppering the grid and then filling in the holes.  I do check the points and midtimes, though and choose again if the points are too high.

Respuesta
11/05/14 3:44 en respuesta a wbennett.
Pretty much at random.  It keeps the final image more of a surprise as I only have bits and pieces for a while.

Respuesta
25/05/14 9:46 en respuesta a wbennett.
Line by line.  Can't help myself! emoticon

Respuesta
6/06/14 15:09 en respuesta a cjbchachacha.
I don't think about points or midtime. I've just go for the title, if i found it interesting and it make me curious. Sometime I start a puzzle but notice that's not for me... and then I go for another puzzle. Just for the fun in solving puzzles.... love this sight by the way!

Respuesta
26/09/14 1:34 en respuesta a wbennett.
I usually sort all the multi-pieces of a favourite author by mid-time and only stick with a specific one once I am hooked on the motive.

Respuesta
10/12/14 14:13 en respuesta a wbennett.
i start with the shortest mid point time. 

Moderadores del foro: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.