Vista combinada Visión Plana Vista de árbol
Threads [ Anterior | Siguiente ]
toggle
statistics cache
Respuesta
14/12/12 11:25
Since 2 days, every time I open the iGridd applet, I have to reset the statistics cache to be able to see which griddlers I already finished. what can I do to solve this problem?

RE: statistics cache
Respuesta
14/12/12 19:55 en respuesta a Kakaya.
The team is still working on this issue, kakaya. The problem is hard to fix, because they can't reproduce it. You can help by providing more details.
What are the exact steps you take when you open iGridd? Do you use webstart or the local version of iGridd, to start with.

Respuesta
16/12/12 16:34 en respuesta a Jeltje.
I always use the online applet, so I go to www.griddlers.net, and then select "open iGridd" in the iGridd menu.
Then the site takes about 10 sec's to open the applet (which is normal for my computer). When I want to solve puzzels, the applet shows all the puzzels as "unsolved". When I go th "my statistics in the  applet, and when I reset them, then all the puzzels I already solved are shown as solved.
I tried it on multiple computers (even an apple), but this problem occurs with all of them. It also occurs when I open the applet, reset the statistics, close the applet, and re-open it. Even then I have to reload the statistics to be able to see which puzzels are already solved.
It's not a really big issue, since I still can solve the puzzels, but it's just a bit anoying that I have to wait until the reset is done every time I want to solve a puzzel (it takes about 2 minutes to reset).

Respuesta
16/12/12 18:23 en respuesta a Jeltje.
As of today I am also having the problem that many puzzles I have already solved count as unsolved, and the latest two I solved haven't added points to my total. An example is Yorkshire (multigriddler 129389-397) which I finished, and counts as completely unsolved. Somehow it seems as if my solver ranking is also affected by this even though my total would probably be much less if I hadn't solved so many puzzles, so the bug looks as if it could be complicated.

I wish there was a way to uninstall/reinsall the applet because I suspect there may be a version conflict causing the bugs, too (for example, I never got to see the button offering to "use the old applet," unless I am looking in all the wrong places).

Respuesta
16/12/12 19:03 en respuesta a Involution.
Involution:
I wish there was a way to uninstall/reinsall the applet because I suspect there may be a version conflict causing the bugs
It is possible to remove the applet, in fact it is advised to do this today before you continue playing. Read the site news about how to remove it.
There are some other suggestions for how to fix problems in this news item as well.
I do hope this will solve your problems!

Jelga

Respuesta
17/12/12 16:00 en respuesta a Jeltje.
Thanks Jelga, and to all administrators, please don't take my reports as complaints, just as bug reports. I have deleted the caches in Java, reinstalled Java, re-downloaded the applet, and my records appear to show now, though (apart from the ctrl-Y issue you know about), what I have lost today is the "counter tooltip." I checked the option again and no tooltip shows when I paint strings of squares (I am a subscriber, and this feature has never failed me so far). 

Respuesta
17/12/12 16:06 en respuesta a Involution.
Sorry for double-posting, but I forgot to add that I am still not seeing what may be new with the new applet (such as the "use old applet" option, etc.). I am afraid that possibly my Chrome/Win 7 set-up is somehow refusing to run the new one. I am using the very latest versions of Chrome, Java and Win 7, just in case.

Respuesta
17/12/12 16:24 en respuesta a Involution.
Argh, double sorry again -- I fiddled with the options and it seems as if the tooltip doesn't show when checking the "free" mode of painting in (I didn't notice at first after resetting the options to default). Sorry then, tooltips work fine under my preferred "area" mode (and "line" as well).

Moderadores del foro: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.