« Volver a Your Thoughts

New design for Griddlers.net

Vista combinada Visión Plana Vista de árbol
Threads [ Anterior | Siguiente ]
toggle
New design for Griddlers.net
Respuesta
30/12/12 14:05
One of our plans for the New Year is a new look for Griddlers.net. The graphic design is ready and the programming is done.

To make the transition easy and smooth we will start with one page, which is also the most important page - Griddlers.net Home page.

The new page is compatible to the following browsers: Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Internet Explorer 9. It is also shows the site correctly on Internet Explorer 8, though IE8 misses some of the advanced designs new browsers provide.

Now we need your help to test it. Our main questions are:
  • Do you find what you are looking for right away?
  • Is there anything missing that you'd like us to add?
  • Does it work well for you?
  • Do you like the looks of it?
Please use this forum to give us your feedback and, if necessary, add a screenshot to show errors or distortions. When you do that, write down the browser you use and the screen resolution.

Looking forward to hearing your opinion and reading your comments.

RE: New design for Griddlers.net
Respuesta
30/12/12 14:58 en respuesta a hagitm.
I took a quick look and my first impression is "wow". I think it is excellent. I should confess that I'm mostly in a rut and use iGridd almost exclusively. emoticon

Respuesta
30/12/12 15:18 en respuesta a hagitm.
Me Too...double wow...I LOVE the new home page.  very clean and easy to find what you are looking for!!!  Great job!

Respuesta
30/12/12 16:08 en respuesta a hagitm.
I can just confirm the above: WOW! Much cleaner and fresher look. I won't miss the old one.

Thanks!

Respuesta
30/12/12 17:53 en respuesta a hagitm.
Looks good!

I'd add a link to your Twitter account, not just Facebook.

Respuesta
30/12/12 22:33 en respuesta a hagitm.
Hello,
It is really nice and fresh look.

I see one distortion in Slovak language version:
The "Welcome text" overlaps the box, see attachment.

Browser: Mozilla Firefox v17.0.1
Resolution: 1280x1024
Adjunto

archivos adjuntos: Snímka.PNG (73,4k)

Respuesta
31/12/12 4:05 en respuesta a flim.
The graphical layout is most excellent. All the links work and lead to the correct page.

The only suggestion I have is to give user feedback a more prominent place. There's still room below Mobile Apps for a box with e.g. 'Forum', 'Mail the Team' or some such. I don't think the forum is very well known and it might increase user participation in site issues.

Respuesta
31/12/12 10:02 en respuesta a hagitm.
Like others, I too was blown away by the new look. The only glitch that I found was the Facebook section, where you try to show two rows of icons, but the second row gets cut off on the bottom (see attached screen shot). Not very professional looking, IMO. (I'm running Firfox 17.0.1 @ 1280x1024 on XP sp3.)
Adjunto

archivos adjuntos: Find us on FB.png (82,1k)

Respuesta
31/12/12 22:55 en respuesta a hagitm.
I use MozillaFirefox (the newest, I guess - I've had my new laptop for a week or so and had everything done from the scratch) and I don't see any changes emoticon

Respuesta
2/01/13 4:44 en respuesta a hagitm.
The new design is fabulous!  It's similar enough to the old ones (colors, etc.) to still look like the Griddlers page, but I think it's easier to read, and it makes it very clear what's on offer.  The way the boxes are weighted, including the rounded corners and distinct captions, is very organized and draws the eye along the main path, instead of bouncing it around.  The images are very clear on what they're illustrating, and very appealing.  Very well done!

My one real issue is that the menu bar is a bit hard to read.  It could use to be a little bigger.  Or it might be the shading.  The flyouts are easier to read.  As it is, the menu buttons appear a bit blurry to these not getting any younger eyes. emoticon  Magnifying the screen makes everything else too big for comfort.

From a testing point of view:
The three blue tabs at the top need tool tips.

The down arrow by Sign Out makes me think that there will be a drop down menu with options, and instead it signs out, instead of being separate.

Totally unimportant:  The older puzzle types have "Tutuorials" and the newer ones have "How to Use".  Are these really so different as to have different names?  Or would consistency be better? 

I also agree with the comment asking for a more prominent Contact Us link.  It could be small print in the footer, which would be consistent with standard forms around the 'net, on the menu bar, or in the white space as suggested.  People who are confused often just walk away from the computer if they can't find a Contact Us. ;)

BTW, I absolutely adore the avatar with the login.  It makes the page look very personal and homey! emoticon

Great work!  Happy New Year!

Respuesta
2/01/13 11:08 en respuesta a Melizabeth.
Melizabeth:
I use MozillaFirefox (the newest, I guess - I've had my new laptop for a week or so and had everything done from the scratch) and I don't see any changes emoticon
Make sure you look at the NEW Home page.

Respuesta
2/01/13 11:21 en respuesta a glllop.
glllop:
My one real issue is that the menu bar is a bit hard to read.
Please make a screenshot so we can see what you see. Also, tell us what browser and system you use. Thanks!

Respuesta
2/01/13 12:39 en respuesta a glllop.
glllop:
Totally unimportant:  The older puzzle types have "Tutuorials" and the newer ones have "How to Use".  Are these really so different as to have different names?
Completely different. How to Use describes the tools given to solve. Tutorials are lessons that explain how to solve the puzzles.

Respuesta
2/01/13 21:33 en respuesta a hagitm.
Hallo,
ich habe mir eure neue Seite angeschaut und finde sie erfrischend und toll.
Es sollte auch die Möglichkeit geben, bei Facebook sein fertiges Bild einzustellen.

Liebe Grüße Lilly

Respuesta
2/01/13 21:51 en respuesta a griddlers_team.
griddlers_team:
Melizabeth:
Make sure you look at the NEW Home page.
Oooh, it's lovely! Absolutely fantastic!

Being me, I just miss all the languages that were in the top bar. It just showed clearly how international the site is. First, we said good-bye to the flags, now languages....

Respuesta
3/01/13 7:47 en respuesta a Melizabeth.
Melizabeth:
Being me, I just miss all the languages that were in the top bar.
The languages are there.
Look at the top-right side of the screen. You'll see the word Language and by it the selected language. I believe that you see Polish. Click on it to open all the languages.

Respuesta
5/01/13 8:01 en respuesta a hagitm.
I just love the new design, it seem that it's a lot easier to navigate and I get what I need from this one right away.

There's just one small problem. I'm looking at the Swedish site and everything is nicely and correctly translate... all but the welcomebox. It would be nice it also is in Swedish.

Keep going and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your designs!
Adjunto

archivos adjuntos: griddlers.jpg (99,7k)

Respuesta
6/01/13 0:08 en respuesta a griddlers_team.
Getting an image isn't so easy.

It's hard to tell in a JPEG.  The general definition loss is enough to make the difference less.  The TIFF shows how the menu bar looks blurrier than the flyout, but both are blurrier than it actually is.  Would you like it in PaintShopPro format?
archivos adjuntos: Capture new griddles page small.tif (664,7k)

Respuesta
8/01/13 10:15 en respuesta a glllop.
glllop:
From a testing point of view:
The three blue tabs at the top need tool tips.

I agree that this would be helpful.  There isn't much of a contrast between the lighter and darker blues (I'm using Mozilla Firefox v17.0.1) but it could be my eyes ... emoticon

But really a minor comment.  I think the new look is fresh and crisp - and continues the great work of the Griddlers team.  Many thanks and happy new year!  emoticonemoticon

Melissa
Adjunto

archivos adjuntos: NewGriddlers2.png (125,2k)

Respuesta
8/01/13 10:16 en respuesta a chucklemel.
I think you don't see the difference because you don't have messages sent/books to download/friends online.

Try this: send a message to yourself and then go back to the new home page. You will see a red flag with the number "1" in it. That alone is enough to notice. However, we added a tooltip too. Hover your mouse over the icon and see what the tooltip reads. We believe it's enough.

Respuesta
8/01/13 22:15 en respuesta a hagitm.
I think the new look is brilliant - many many thanks to those who have worked so hard on all of these changes

Respuesta
9/01/13 6:12 en respuesta a hagitm.
i like the new home page, it has definitely improved!

Respuesta
19/01/13 13:26 en respuesta a hagitm.
I love  your new home page.  Very bright and colorful.  Easy to find what you are looking for.  Thank You.

Respuesta
11/02/13 20:12 en respuesta a hagitm.
I LOVE the new design, much more streamlined and modern looking!

My one piece of feedback is that, in the old site, when I clicked on Multigriddlers it would take me straight to the page I'd last been using, whereas now it takes me to the small multigriddlers page 1, and I have to remember and navigate my way through to where I last was. Am I just being blonde and missing something, or has that feature disappeared? I'm using Windows 7 and Chrome btw....

Respuesta
12/02/13 6:52 en respuesta a ShaanB.
Hi
in fact the link to multi griddlers is correct, link to griddlers on home page is not link to single griddlers.
Look at the URLs -
/griddlers - this is basic link which shows last selected category - it is in menu Puzzles->Griddlers, and home page griddlers.
/griddlers/-/puzzles/ms/1 - multi small , on home page and menu
/griddlers/-/puzzles/sms/1 - single, BW, small, link only in menu

So the fastest way to your preffered category is through the link Griddlers on home page.

Rasto.

Moderadores del foro: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.