« Volver a Java Problems

HELP WITH CONFLICTS BETWEEN GOOGLE CHROME AND JAVA

Vista combinada Visión Plana Vista de árbol
Threads [ Anterior | Siguiente ]
toggle
Hi all,

I tried asking this question on the thread that was posted but have not had any response so though i would ask in my own thread!

I use google chrome, have updated Java, have uninstalled the fx thing as suggested on the other thread. I still get the warning box, I tick to accept i click dont ask again, but have to do this for every puzzle. The set up and tabs on google chrome are different to internet explorer and mozilla so have no idea where to start, and changing platforms isnt something i want to do lol!

Is there anything i can do to stop having to tick the boxes every time i want to play a different puzzle???? its so frustrating and before long will stop me wanting to play griddlers, just when i was debating subscribing too! Please help someone emoticon

thanks
Claret

RE: HELP WITH CONFLICTS BETWEEN GOOGLE CHROME AND JAVA
Respuesta
24/01/13 9:51 en respuesta a claret.
Hi
what is the message in the warning box? My Chrome installations shows warnign about outdated plugin even I have latest Java installed.
Suggested solution works:
https://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1181003&p=ib_outdated_plugin

Rasto

Respuesta
24/01/13 10:15 en respuesta a Ra100.
Hi thanks for that, but as a complete technophobe I have no idea where to start doh! I did look at the help page you gave but cant figure out what to do!

The message I get is the box where you have to click to accept, i cant take a screen shot cause I cant get back on the puzzle pages now for some reason! The whole thing is stupid, just becuase of one little update. I am sooooooo glad i havent subscribed yet cause i wouldnt be able to play but would still have to pay!!!!

I can say that on the other post about the java update there is a picture of the exact box that i get, and someone has stated on there that the fix suggested doesnt work for them (think it was ollie) they have to click to accept whenever they try to load a new puzzle! I have that very same problem! 

Gonna see how much longer i can stick it out for before finding a new site to play these puzzles on i think! I seriously cant do this everytime i want to do a puzzle.

Thanks mate for trying to help, I am just not very good with technology and dont want to press to change anything for fear of breaking my pc. If there is a step by step guide to fixing then i can follow that lol!! emoticon

Respuesta
25/01/13 23:47 en respuesta a claret.
You may find the answer to the problem you describe above in HERE.

Respuesta
26/01/13 1:12 en respuesta a hagitm.
Thanks, I found someone had given me a step by step guide and all is resolved, thanks for helping out, its appreciated! might go and subscribe now when payday arrives lol!!!

Respuesta
26/02/13 9:15 en respuesta a claret.
Really struggling with Chrome, Java and Griddlers ...  every 2-3 puzzles I have to leave Griddlers completely ... and reenter ... I've done everything suggested ... and it's still stalling frequently ... cannot load the next puzzle ... and it stalls anyother web site i have open ... I am even having to completely reboot secveral times a day ... 

I ONLY have this Java problem on this site .. every other site I use the latest Java update works perfectly ... I am at a loss why it should only be Griddlers ... logic (pun intended) tells me if my computer is working fine everywhere else then it must be a Griddlers set up issue ... 

I do hope you fix it soon ... 

Respuesta
26/02/13 9:28 en respuesta a patootie.
Patootie,

We can't really do more than we did. We brought the old applet back, we added the Upgraded Lite version, etc. Have you tried the old applet? If everything worked well before - the old applet should work smoothly. The question is, does it really work smoothly, and if not - what was changed on your computer?

Hagit

Respuesta
27/02/13 1:24 en respuesta a hagitm.
I have only ever used the old applet ... and the only thing that has changed on my computer is the recent java update ... I don't have any problems on any other site ... so I am nonplussed ... I;ve tried taking java out and reinstalling a couple of times ... to no avail .. 

The main problem is that interniitently ... but more often than not ... when I try to load the next game ... it starts to load .. but stops leaving an incomplete page ... the only way I can get started again ... is to go right out of Griddlers and then come back in again ... 

Moderadores del foro: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.