iGridd Applet

Igridd Applet will not load

Alternar
Igridd Applet will not load
Respuesta
7/02/17 1:13
When I start the applet I only get to the initilizing stage and no further. I used to be able to close and open the app a few times and it would load, but not today.
It's bad enough that we can't use the Java based interface anymore (not your fault), and it seems there is no plans to redesign the interface to use something else (your fault). But now on top of all this, we are being forced to use an interface that leaves a lot to be desired. Even with all of the negative comments about igridd, it seems that your stance is business as usual.

All I can say is my subscription expires in 5 days and after so many years of practically making this a daily event, I am seriously thinking of keeping my cash, cutting my loses and going elsewhere.
+1 (1 Voto)

RE: Igridd Applet will not load
Respuesta
7/02/17 7:57 en respuesta a namzat763.
Dear Namzat
as you can see, we are updating our components to no Java technology continuosly. For do future we believe that the offline client is no longer needed and therefore the development is oriented on browsers. We are trying to give to subscribers us much as possible useful features. The subscription is not only about the user benefits for money. It is also about supporting the free content fo the site. 
This week we will introduce the new workshop application made on HTML5 and Javascript.

Best Regards,
Rasto
+1 (1 Voto)

Respuesta
8/02/17 0:33 en respuesta a Rastislav Rehák.
Rastislav RehákDear Namzat
as you can see, we are updating our components to no Java technology continuosly. For do future we believe that the offline client is no longer needed and therefore the development is oriented on browsers. We are trying to give to subscribers us much as possible useful features. The subscription is not only about the user benefits for money. It is also about supporting the free content fo the site. 
This week we will introduce the new workshop application made on HTML5 and Javascript.

Best Regards,
Rasto

Glad to see that something is finally being done. I guess I will try to be patient enough to see if it is still enjoyable to play on this website or if it becomes more of a frustration.
As far as your comment about your subscribers, the only benefit I use is being able to save more puzzles, otherwise I have continued to pay for 8 years in order to support the website being able to continue. I can say I have never paid for a service this long and wouldn't have if it wasn't enjoyable.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
17/03/17 2:57 en respuesta a Rastislav Rehák.
Rasto, I appreciate your efforts to convert to non-Java solutions, but you haven't addressed the problems of iGridd.  I've just spent thirty minutes trying to get Webstart to initialize iGridd, to no avail.  And I'm not fond of the new browser interface.  Are you saying we should not use iGridd, even though that's what I'm paying for?

My iGridd initialize problems are not platform specific, I see it on CentOS 7 and Windows 10, and I've seen it for years.  But it seems to be getting worse

If you're not supporting iGridd then send out an announcement to subscribers, tell us how to convert to the new browser interface, and remove it.  Otherwise please fix it.
0 (0 Votos)

Respuesta
18/03/17 18:30 en respuesta a Mud Shark.
Here http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2017/03/force-enable-firefox-52-npapi-support is short term solution how to enable iGridd applet in FF 52. It works for me (Win 7, FF 52.0.1 32 bit). Short term = until FF version 53.
0 (0 Votos)

Moderadores del foro: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.