« Takaisin Discussions

Voting without Solving

Yhdistelmä näkymä Sisentämätön näkymä Puunäkymä
Viestiketjuja [ Edellinen | Seuraava ]
toggle
Voting without Solving
Vastaus
12.12.2002 6:11
I saw a puzzle that had a vote of 0 on the histogram, but with number of solvers 0. How come? Is it allowed for people to put a vote on a puzzle thay did not solve? I think it shouldn't be allowed.
In the Vote option It's easy to click the button to submit the vote by mistake I wrote a commant for a puzzle, than quickly pressed the button and put in the default vote of 50 instead of the 100 I meant to give. I think it's best not to give any default, but have the user make the choise. Thnks. T.

Re: Voting without Solving
Vastaus
13.12.2002 5:54 vastauksena talanimal:aan.
>I saw a puzzle that had a vote of 0 on the histogram, but with number of solvers 0. How come? Is it allowed for people to put a vote on a puzzle thay did not solve? I think it shouldn't be allowed.
>In the Vote option It's easy to click the button to submit the vote by mistake I wrote a commant for a puzzle, than quickly pressed the button and put in the default vote of 50 instead of the 100 I meant to give. I think it's best not to give any default, but have the user make the choise. Thnks. T.

Yes it is possible, but usually it is my vote, because I can see any puzzle without solving -) .
The default value 50% is for those who want send only comment. You can change your comment and vote any time.

Bye Ra100

Vastaus
13.12.2002 10:56 vastauksena talanimal:aan.
There are occasions where I can't solve a puzzle without guessing. Since I don't like to guess, I may not finish the puzzle and I'll give it a low score, so I think that even if you don't actually solve it, you can still have an opinion.

Vastaus
13.12.2002 16:28 vastauksena talanimal:aan.
>>I saw a puzzle that had a vote of 0 on the histogram, but with number of solvers 0. How come? Is it allowed for people to put a vote on a puzzle thay did not solve? I think it shouldn't be allowed.
>>In the Vote option It's easy to click the button to submit the vote by mistake I wrote a commant for a puzzle, than quickly pressed the button and put in the default vote of 50 instead of the 100 I meant to give. I think it's best not to give any default, but have the user make the choise. Thnks. T.
>
>Yes it is possible, but usually it is my vote, because I can see any puzzle without solving -) .
>The default value 50% is for those who want send only comment. You can change your comment and vote any time.
>
>Bye Ra100

Hmmm... does that mean if I vote twice only the last vote counts? Neat. (It also means you can find out know who gave which value... how big-brother of you. lol)

Vastaus
16.12.2002 6:11 vastauksena talanimal:aan.
>Hmmm... does that mean if I vote twice only the last vote counts? Neat. (It also means you can find out know who gave which value... how big-brother of you. lol)

Exactly ! But I never did this. I did not build interface for direct looking to this data from admin pages. So if I want to do it I have to go directly to SQL console and type a SQL query. I am too lazy to do it and I don't know why I should do it. -) .

Bye Ra100

Foorumin moderaattorit: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.