« Takaisin Get Help in Solving

x's and o's - why use them?

Yhdistelmä näkymä Sisentämätön näkymä Puunäkymä
Viestiketjuja [ Edellinen | Seuraava ]
toggle
x's and o's - why use them?
Vastaus
1.11.2012 13:49
I see that I can put X's and O's on the unfinished grid.  What is the purpose of them?

RE: x's and o's - why use them?
Vastaus
2.11.2012 1:41 vastauksena dmv:aan.
They can help in solving a griddler. I don't use them often because I usually don't need them but sometimes when there are a lot of clues, it can be helpful to mark which clues I've satisfied and which clues still need completion.

Also, even less often, if I have an idea of where a clue goes but I'm not certain enough to mark it permanenty, I can use the X or O to tentatively mark where I think it goes and use that to help me figure out where nearby clues go.

Vastaus
2.11.2012 23:09 vastauksena dmv:aan.
ohhh, and how can I put X's and O's on the unfinished grid  ? I tried, but nothing happened.

Vastaus
3.11.2012 23:49 vastauksena JoanDArc:aan.
JoanDArc:
ohhh, and how can I put X's and O's on the unfinished grid  ? I tried, but nothing happened.
How to put X's and O's is described in here.

If you want to get help - please show the puzzle you were working on, with the X's and O's. Don't ask for a general solution. In the following news message we explain it clearly.

Hagit 

Vastaus
3.11.2012 21:34 vastauksena JoanDArc:aan.
I use them so rarely that I need to refresh my own memory each time I do. All I ever remember is that it has to do with pressing shift or control or alt while clicking with the mouse.

Vastaus
4.11.2012 2:40 vastauksena bejjinks:aan.
Ah ok, thanks for the tips.  I see now that you can use them many different ways...you can use them as place holders, or to mark which numbers have been placed in the grid, or for for multi colored ones, you can use x's and o's to mark which cells are/aren't  a particular color.  Probably more ways, that I haven't thought of yet.

Foorumin moderaattorit: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.