Yhdistelmä näkymä Sisentämätön näkymä Puunäkymä
Viestiketjuja [ Edellinen | Seuraava ]
toggle
Giraffe 60555
Vastaus
9.3.2013 3:58
I managed the first quarter of this years ago but the rest of it has defeated me ever since. I get so far and then.... It's time to ask for some guidance. Where should I be looking? What tells me there's a place where I can do a little trial and error that actually bears fruit? Help!

Support question: Is there an optimum size for the screen grab. The first is what I grabbed after cropping the excess, the second is th first reduced by 50%. Not sure how helpful either is in terms of anybody being actually able to see it.
Liite

Liite

Liitteet: Giraffe 60555.JPG (194,7k), Giraffe2 60555.JPG (55,8k)

RE: Giraffe 60555
Vastaus
10.2.2013 9:58 vastauksena InigoMontoya:aan.
I will look at it later today or tomorrow. As for the image size, the first one is perfect, it doesn't show completely in the forum post, but when you rightclick it and select 'open image in new tab' it will show perfectly emoticon

Maarten

Vastaus
11.2.2013 8:16 vastauksena InigoMontoya:aan.
Hi emoticon

There are some more x's and o's you can fill in in the left bottom part that will help you a bit.

The red areas I marked cannot be dark, so you can fill in o's (row 44: there is a combination of light 1-1-2 after the initial dark 2, column 5: the dark 1 is part of the first dark 1-1 combination), the blue areas cannot be light, so you can fill in x's (column 12: the light 1 is either the first, or the second light 1 looking from the bottom, row 47: the are of 2 I marked in blue has to be part of the dark 2-3 combination)

Now take a closer look at row 44, I think you will find you can continue there now emoticon

Good luck, Maarten
Liite

Liitteet: giraffehelp.jpg (197,1k)

Vastaus
11.2.2013 15:19 vastauksena dreamtheater:aan.
Thank you so much. I felt sure I'd done everything and of course, I hadn't. Will work on and no doubt be back before too long as I can't seem to improve recognizing where there is more to find.

Vastaus
11.2.2013 15:36 vastauksena InigoMontoya:aan.
Practice makes perfect!! Every single time you get a little bit of help, you will find that finding the next step gets 'easier' (or should I say less difficult?) I know, I have been there emoticon I have had help all along the way, and every single bit of it has helped me improve my solving techniques. Still I get stuck every now and then, especially on the difficult puzzles with 4 or more colours, ebcause I still haven't figured out a method that fits my techniques...

But glad to help, and I will be here when you need some more!

Maarten

Vastaus
16.2.2013 20:47 vastauksena dreamtheater:aan.
Success! It took time and patience and a few restarts, but I got there in the end. I most enjoyed that magical moment when it tipped and suddenly became easy. I wanted to thank you so much for the advice. It proved invaluable in many other places. I'll no doubt be back as I'm going to try the next quadrant but maybe, just maybe, I'll manage.

Not sure how to make this "answered."

Foorumin moderaattorit: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.