« Back to Authors Realm

Did I make the cut?!

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Re: Did I make the cut?!
Answer
5/7/04 4:28 PM as a reply to lucky_brand.
You just have to keep watching for them. It normally takes less than a day.

All the pictures get in as long as they are not duplicates (that Hagit catches) and the picture is not obscene or anything like that.

Good luck with it. It's very exciting the first puzzle you do -- especially the comments.

Answer
5/7/04 4:32 PM as a reply to lucky_brand.
>I recently submitted my first ever griddler. It wasn't the greatest, I'll admit, but it wasn't horrible, either. It said it was solvable (8,000 some-odd points, I believe). I was just wondering, how do I know if my griddler was picked?

It takes 12-48 hours from submitting a puzzle to seeing it in the site. If it's not in, it was not approved.

>Do I just keep looking for it or will I receive a "rejection" and/or "You're in!" letter?

A "rejected" note it sent when an author keeps making the same mistake, to help them notice their mistake, re-create the puzzles, or creating good puzzles in the future.

>Plus, how do you even judge how they'll make it through?

There are 10 basic rules to publishing a puzzle. These rules appear in Guide Lines. If one of the rules is not fulfilled, the puzzle is removed from the site.

I checked the puzzles in the "waiting room". Right now there is no puzzle by your handle. Please read the Guide Lines and try again.

Hagit

Answer
5/7/04 10:00 PM as a reply to lucky_brand.
>A "rejected" note it sent when an author keeps making the same mistake, to help them notice their mistake, re-create the puzzles, or creating good puzzles in the future.

Why not also send it to the newbies? I mean getting a reason why might encourage more people to try again.

Answer
5/8/04 12:12 AM as a reply to lucky_brand.
>>A "rejected" note it sent when an author keeps making the same mistake, to help them notice their mistake, re-create the puzzles, or creating good puzzles in the future.
>
>Why not also send it to the newbies? I mean getting a reason why might encourage more people to try again.

That would be a lot of work, and I mean a LOT of work. As much as people like to solve puzzles, they like to scrabble colorful squares in the workshop.

Messages are sent to any author - a newbie or a veteran - who has a mistake in a puzzle that can be fixed. Usually those mistakes are technical, like - uploading an image incorrectly, or having duplicate colors for clues. As for the rest - the reasons are listed in our Guide Lines scattered squares, flags, text, etc.

Hagit

Answer
5/9/04 2:11 AM as a reply to lucky_brand.
Check the first couple of pages. One of mine was on the second page before I saw that it made it. Really depends on how many get on each day.

Did I make the cut?!
Answer
5/9/04 12:55 PM
I recently submitted my first ever griddler. It wasn't the greatest, I'll admit, but it wasn't horrible, either. It said it was solvable (8,000 some-odd points, I believe). I was just wondering, how do I know if my griddler was picked? Do I just keep looking for it or will I receive a "rejection" and/or "You're in!" letter? Plus, how do you even judge how they'll make it through? *side note I just want to say that there are truely some very talented people out there. Like I said, I tried my hand at my first griddler. It is definitely not as easy as it seems! Congragulations and thank you to those who make those amazing pictures. They're a blast to do! Keep up the awesome work! -Jillian

Answer
5/9/04 12:55 PM as a reply to lucky_brand.
I find that the easiest place to check what puzzles are up is in my profile. It will show how many puzzles you made and if you hit the "show" button, then you get details about number of solvers, etc.

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.