Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Re: Colors on Markers
Answer
3/28/03 8:28 PM as a reply to kokomo.
>I am new to this site and hope I am not asking a stupid question, but the buttons on the top left of the screen start out with the left one red and the right one white. When I click on them to change colors, they go back and forth between gray with a question mark and white. The red never reappears. On puzzles with more than one color, I cannot get those colors to appear. I have tried right click and left click. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
>
>Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

To change colors on the top squares, you need to click on the colored numbers srounding the grid. (A black and white puzzle has only black numbers). left click to change color of the left button and right click for the right button. Then, you can paint inside the puzzle space using left of right button depanding on the color you want to use. Use the white to mark the blank squares that you find. This is not necesary, but sometimes very conviniant. The gray question mark is simply an unsolved sqaure. Use it to erase a color from a place in the grid.

Oh, and btw There is no such thing as a stupid question. Only a stupid answer. ;-)

Another btw Chack the tutorial. You can find some more tips there.
Good luck
T.

Answer
3/28/03 9:57 PM as a reply to kokomo.
>>I am new to this site and hope I am not asking a stupid question, but the buttons on the top left of the screen start out with the left one red and the right one white. When I click on them to change colors, they go back and forth between gray with a question mark and white. The red never reappears. On puzzles with more than one color, I cannot get those colors to appear. I have tried right click and left click. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
>>
>>Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.
>
>To change colors on the top squares, you need to click on the colored numbers srounding the grid. (A black and white puzzle has only black numbers). left click to change color of the left button and right click for the right button. Then, you can paint inside the puzzle space using left of right button depanding on the color you want to use. Use the white to mark the blank squares that you find. This is not necesary, but sometimes very conviniant. The gray question mark is simply an unsolved sqaure. Use it to erase a color from a place in the grid.
>
>Oh, and btw There is no such thing as a stupid question. Only a stupid answer. ;-)
>
>Another btw Chack the tutorial. You can find some more tips there.
>Good luck
>T.

A suggestion--I always right-click on the square on the right, so my right mouse button makes a question mark. This way, I can quickly cover up my mistakes!

--bitz

Answer
3/29/03 5:08 AM as a reply to kokomo.
And yet another suggestion If you made a mistake and want to erase it without changing the colors assigned to your left and right mouse buttons, you can use the middle mouse button (if you have one) to put in a grey square with a question mark.

Have lots of fun with the puzzles!
Marije

Answer
3/29/03 8:15 PM as a reply to kokomo.
Thanks a lot for your help. I was clicking directly on the top left buttons to try to change the color instead of the buttons surrounding the grid. I read the tutorial, but misread that part. Again, thanks so much.

Answer
3/30/03 3:43 PM as a reply to kokomo.
>And yet another suggestion If you made a mistake and want to erase it without changing the colors assigned to your left and right mouse buttons, you can use the middle mouse button (if you have one) to put in a grey square with a question mark.
>
>Have lots of fun with the puzzles!
>Marije
or you can undo using the backspace key

Colors on Markers
Answer
4/5/03 4:29 AM
I am new to this site and hope I am not asking a stupid question, but the buttons on the top left of the screen start out with the left one red and the right one white. When I click on them to change colors, they go back and forth between gray with a question mark and white. The red never reappears. On puzzles with more than one color, I cannot get those colors to appear. I have tried right click and left click. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

Answer
4/5/03 4:29 AM as a reply to kokomo.
>Thanks a lot for your help. I was clicking directly on the top left buttons to try to change the color instead of the buttons surrounding the grid. I read the tutorial, but misread that part. Again, thanks so much.

I have a confession to make
I didn't read the tutorial when I started here. I just clicked on everything like crazy until I figured it out! Then I read the tutorial.
T.

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.