« Back to Tips for Better Solving

clues missing for some of the triangle colors

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Hi all,
I have started to try to solve some of the triangle puzzles in the iGridd applet, and they are very frustrating as the puzzle will call for a color combination that does not appear in the clue list. The list shows 0-9 and a-p, and most of the triangle puzzles I have tried have some cells with combinations that are not on the list. Ergo, it is not possible to fill that cell. Unless...there is some way to do it that I am not aware of. It is not in the help section or the tutorials.

Advice would be appreciated.

Example:
dark red left diagonal over dark blue = on the list (let's say it's "m")
dark red right diagonal over dark blue = not on the list (no way to select it)
puzzle has some cells with "m" and some cells with the opposite diagonal same color combo.

RE: clues missing for some of the triangle colors
Answer
8/23/11 10:16 AM as a reply to missmesmer.
Hi
it is possible to select any triangle clicking on the clue itself.

Answer
8/23/11 11:37 AM as a reply to Ra100.
I have tried doing that but don't see how it is done - don't see any commands for setting triangles, in fact when I double click the clue it only shows one color (doesn't show both) and there are no commands for triangles that I can see.

Please explain how to do this...

Answer
8/23/11 11:46 AM as a reply to Ra100.
Also clicking on it I see changes some things but it will not introduce (as far as I can tell) a pattern that is not already on the menu (choice of clues). Main problem is diagonals or color combinations that are not present in any of the clues. I can get it to change the right click, to a different clue that is already listed.

Is it supposed to be that way? Manually adjusting colors by RGB seems a bit tedious.

Answer
8/23/11 11:50 AM as a reply to Ra100.
I think I found it - you have to use "locked clues" otherwise doesn't work.emoticon

Answer
8/24/11 5:40 AM as a reply to missmesmer.
missmesmer:
I have tried doing that but don't see how it is done.

Look at the example we show in Griddlers Solving Window page:
The example shows solid colors, but you can select triangles as well.

Hagit

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.