« Back to Get Help in Solving

#342 Jockey - Im stuck!

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
#342 Jockey - Im stuck!
Answer
1/11/05 5:02 PM
OkI am still pretty new to griddlers so I may have done this one incorrectly. I am totally stuck on #342 (I started from teh earliest numbers- Im a nut that way!) Anyway I either have some squares in the wrong place or I am just plain stuck (or both) if someone could give me some hints as to how to move on that would be great!

willow

Ok - having problems posting screen shot too - maybe Im not meant to solve this one lol - any help that way would be great!

Willow

Re: #342 Jockey - Im stuck!
Answer
1/11/05 6:21 PM as a reply to willow1808.
Hi Willow,
To help you to find out how to get on, a screenshot is the best thing to use, because then we know where you got stuck.
:idea:
Chefmomster explained in another topic - How do I do a screenshot? in this forum - how to make one. I'll put it on top of the list, so you'll know which one I mean. Paste the picture in a document that you can save as a .jgp of .gif or something like that.

Jelga

Answer
1/11/05 10:51 PM as a reply to willow1808.
I know how to do a screen shot- but everytime I try to post with the screen shot included - it won't post. I am going to try again on my other computer - I don't know what is wrong. I guess I wasn't meant to finish this puzzle emoticon

Bah -= nevermind. I can't get it to work.

I will just move on to another puzzle.

Thanks for trying emoticon

Answer
1/11/05 11:18 PM as a reply to willow1808.
[quote="willow1808"]Bah -= nevermind. I can't get it to work.

Send the printscreen to my email: dayst_nm@netvision.net.il
I'll try to upload it and see what was wrong.

Hagit

Answer
1/11/05 11:29 PM as a reply to willow1808.
Thanks - I hate to be a bother and I hope noone thinks I am trouble- especially since I am new!

emoticon

Willow

Ok - just going to edit it onto this one! Thank you so much for your help!!

Here goes nothing...
Attachment

Attachments: jockeystuck1.gif (64.5k)

Answer
1/11/05 11:53 PM as a reply to willow1808.
[quote="willow1808"]Thanks - I hate to be a bother and I hope noone thinks I am trouble- especially since I am new!

emoticon

Willow

You are not a bother at all! We're always happy to help in solving... any problem, not just puzzles.

*waiting patiently to see if you made it*
emoticon

Answer
1/12/05 5:36 AM as a reply to willow1808.
Using Single Line Solving, I was only able to find one square that you didn't already have. Check out the fifteenth column from the left(the numbers starting from the top are 2, 1, 3, 2, 1, 9). There is one more black square near the bottom.

The next square I found that you didn't have was in the same row but near the top. Try the strategy listed in the Tutorial under Complex Logic (a).

Still working beyond there...

Answer
1/12/05 10:51 AM as a reply to willow1808.
There are several moves here, each is distinguished by a color:

1st move - the RED square:
The second row from the top has the following clues: 2, 5, 3, 4, 3.
If you start counting from right to left you will see that the only clues you can put in the right side (until the white square) are: 3, 4, 3. There isn't enough room for clue 5. Therefore - the left side must have the 2, 5 and you can place the RED square as seen in the picture.

2nd move - the BLUE squares:
The first clue at the top is 4, you can add 2 more squares, as in the picture.

3rd move - the YELLOW dots and squares:
Start counting the clues of the third row. The yellow dots show where a white square MAY be placed. We aren't sure it is really there. Eventually you will see that 2 more squares can be added (for clue 8 ).

4th move - the ORANGE dots:
Needless to explain. From here you'll be able to place many squares (clue 12 of the first row).

Good luck! :-)
Hagit
Attachment

Attachments: 342.gif (19.1k)

Answer
1/12/05 2:03 PM as a reply to willow1808.
YAY! Thank you to both of you for your help. I finally got it. emoticon

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.