Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
11739 - Run
Answer
3/11/05 2:28 AM
Sorry to ask for help again, but I enjoy working on the ultra hard puzzles in between some of the easier ones. In this case, I'm at a total loss for what to do next, seems much harder than Vikings Boat. Circles are where brown can't be.
Attachment

Attachments: 11739.JPG (181.8k)

Re: 11739 - Run
Answer
3/11/05 11:13 AM as a reply to growne.
[quote="growne"]Sorry to ask for help again, but I enjoy working on the ultra hard puzzles in between some of the easier ones. In this case, I'm at a total loss for what to do next, seems much harder than Vikings Boat. Circles are where brown can't be.

You know, the moment I opened your file, I instantly knew the name of the puzzle. Run. The hardest. Definitely the hardest in this site (ok, some parts of Castle are getting close). I'm ahead of you in this part of the puzzle only a few squares (white ones and of no use right now). And I did find some clues in the middle of the left side. So try there...

It might help at least to know that you probably didn't make any mistakes. Or if you did, I made the same ones emoticon.

Jelga

Answer
3/14/05 11:58 AM as a reply to growne.
[quote="growne"]Sorry to ask for help again, but I enjoy working on the ultra hard puzzles in between some of the easier ones. In this case, I'm at a total loss for what to do next, seems much harder than Vikings Boat. Circles are where brown can't be.

I have the same problem. I could get only until the first 5 bottom lines. Very very hard - much harder than 20M viking boat, which I finaly made.

Anyone?

Robert

Answer
3/14/05 7:43 PM as a reply to growne.
I am almost in the same place. I just did a bit of counting (eg. column 33) and a bit of so called educated guessing.
Jelte, you tell us to look on the left and you see only white squares? there is one colored waiting to be changed from gray...
But this is all I can see in 2 minutes time.

Answer
3/14/05 10:26 PM as a reply to growne.
[quote="powsinoga"]Jelte, you tell us to look on the left and you see only white squares? there is one colored waiting to be changed from gray...

No, the white ones I found are at the bottom. At the left there are definitely some colors! It has been some time, I can't remember at all what kind of logic it took to get them there... :scratch:

And yes, there's column 33 emoticon

Jelga

Answer
3/15/05 6:02 PM as a reply to growne.
What I find so difficult about this puzzle compared to Vikings Boat is that there is no flow once I find a square. After finally finding one, if 2 or 3 more become solvable I'll be lucky. Usually there are no obvious leads indicating what to do next and have to check every square again for a possibility. In Vikings Boat it was easier to see in which area the next white or black square could be placed, and wasn't quite as frustrating :evil:

Answer
3/15/05 6:45 PM as a reply to growne.
Have you started on the top yet? That might help.

In col 33 there is a brown 11. You can fill in a few squares there.
In col 34 there is a black 6 and 7. You can fill in a few of these also.

Row 27 has a couple of black 8s that can be filled in.

I'll let you see how that goes...

Answer
3/15/05 8:05 PM as a reply to growne.
[quote="wiggles"]Have you started on the top yet? That might help.

In col 33 there is a brown 11. You can fill in a few squares there.
In col 34 there is a black 6 and 7. You can fill in a few of these also.

Row 27 has a couple of black 8s that can be filled in.

I'll let you see how that goes...

I've got the brown 11 in, but I can't fit the col 34 or row 27 in yet. Row 27 is close, I just need to uncover 1 more white or non brown on the right to be able to fill in part of the black 8's. However, col 34 is still far from fitting in.

Answer
3/16/05 9:13 PM as a reply to growne.
Ah, got them in now. So far nothing has come of it though I'm still working on it.

Answer
6/19/05 1:22 AM as a reply to growne.
All right... round two. I solved a little bit more of the puzzle but I'm still stumped at what to do next. Hopefully some of you have had a little more success than myself.
Attachment

Attachments: run.JPG (161.3k)

Answer
6/19/05 6:35 PM as a reply to growne.
You should be able to figure out a little bit more with the X I circled in here in pink. It involves the row black5 clue. This screenshots location is the very left in the middle.

Plus I checked your Xs and Os and discovered a problem. Erase the Os I ticked in green in the second attachment. This is a screenshot of the bottom right corner.
Attachment

Attachment

Attachments: correct.GIF (13.4k), tailhelp.GIF (28.4k)

Answer
6/19/05 7:14 PM as a reply to growne.
Are you certain the those O's are wrong? In between the two black blocks is a brown, and this must be part of the four so the 3 spaces above the bottom black cannot be brown. From there, you can see some of the blocks on the next column cannot be brown either.

Answer
6/19/05 8:12 PM as a reply to growne.
I totally certain. I have the picture solved and when you put the Xs and Os on and click Show it shows the Xs and Os on top of the picture. So I was just checking the Xs & Os since that's easy enough.

The brown square is wrong and so is (most of) the column of 3 blacks you have above. Grey those 4 squares out.

The rest seems okay though. I checked.

Answer
6/19/05 11:25 PM as a reply to growne.
Ah OK, thanks a lot wiggles your help is much appreciated.

Answer
10/5/05 9:35 PM as a reply to growne.
Hi Oddling, Welcome to the site emoticon

You took a very difficult puzzle to start with! One of the most difficult in the site for sure. But if you got this far with it in 20 minutes, you are doing not bad at all :thumbright:

I cannot help you out with this one, I haven't even finished as much as you showed in the image... But it would be very hard to check it anyway. You copied the small bird eyes view of the puzzle, that is a nice thing to see how the image is growing, but to check if every square is in the right place is nearly impossible. It is better to place a screenshot of the puzzle itself, with the gridlines in it.

I hope one of the people who already solved this puzzle will be able to tell you then if you made any mistakes uptil now.

Jelga

Answer
10/6/05 12:51 AM as a reply to growne.
There is a square inside the blue square that is wrong. The very top row the third from the left is NOT a brown. (Plus there are some missing but I can't tell if you know that or not...)

Other than that the stuff to the bottom looks okay but it is very difficult to figure out if the stuff in the middle is correct. Can you put up a better snapshot? I just can't tell how many squares up or to the right the ones in the middle are.

Answer
11/5/05 2:11 PM as a reply to growne.
Please help me with this one. It really frustrates me.
Attachment

Attachments: Run.GIF (112.7k)

Answer
11/5/05 8:40 PM as a reply to growne.
Hi NPU,

Can't help you with this one, I'm stuck at about the same point... I haven't looked at this one for a long time though, maybe I'll have a go at it tomorrow.

Btw, there are already two other topics about this puzzle. Check them out, maybe they are useful for you :idea:

Good luck and don't loose courage!:thumbleft:

Jelga

Answer
11/5/05 11:29 PM as a reply to growne.
I checked them before posting a new topic and got out of it the 5 clue (etc.) in row 29.
And now I'm stuck again.. emoticon
Thanks anyway Jel. emoticon

Answer
11/7/05 2:12 AM as a reply to growne.
You should be able to get quite a bit of that brown 10 in column 26. Parts of that column can't be brown so you can only fit in the 10 in one area. I think you already have the tough logic in rows 18 and 32 done that leads to this conclusion.

I don't know how far you'll get with this however...

Next area to look at is column 13...

Answer
11/10/05 5:06 PM as a reply to growne.
Thanks emoticon

Answer
2/17/06 10:54 AM as a reply to growne.
I'm also stuck on this one. Someone who has solved more than me and can give me some hints?

Answer
2/18/06 12:22 AM as a reply to growne.
[quote="Memme_"]I'm also stuck on this one. Someone who has solved more than me and can give me some hints?

Hi memme_...

I hope I don't discourage you with this reply, but unfortunately there are many small, and not so small mistakes. I hope I have covered all of them. Everything in blue squares is wrong (I checked it with my finished version of the puzzle). Clear these areas, and start again is my advice...Maybe it would be a good idea btw to tick the clues you already have, and leave the clues you don't have without the circle. That way you are able to see the clues you still need to fill into the puzzle better. Just a thought, it may very well be that you think this way is better for you. Everybody his or her own methods emoticon

Good luck!!! And don't give up-, the picture is really worth all of the effort, and time emoticon

Maarten
Attachment

Attachments: Run.JPG (237.4k)

Answer
2/18/06 3:21 PM as a reply to growne.
Thanks Maarten! I will try again. If you get one wrong it all becomes a mess I guess. emoticon

/ Memme

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.