« Back to Get Help in Solving

# 11894 castle problem

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
# 11894 castle problem
Answer
5/30/05 12:30 PM
Hi there, I'm having a problem with the right middle part of wiggles' 'castle'. I posted a screenshot of the upper part of it, because I'm pretty sure the mistake I made is in that area. Can someone point me towards the mistake?

Maarten

Re: # 11894 castle problem
Answer
5/30/05 2:10 PM as a reply to dreamtheater.
[quote="dreamtheater"]. Can someone point me towards the mistake?

Maarten

I can point out 1 for you. In the horizontal line I put a bright pink mark around 2,3,3,2 you checked as solved. In that line you have 2,3,2 as black, and an opening for a 3. Perfect match, if not the vertical line I marked is full and all those blocks should be white. --> There is no room for the 3 and so the leftmost 2 is incorrect.

Good luck solving,

Caro
Attachment

Attachments: castle.jpg (57.3k)

Answer
5/30/05 3:36 PM as a reply to dreamtheater.
[quote="carootje"]
I can point out 1 for you. In the horizontal line I put a bright pink mark around 2,3,3,2 you checked as solved. In that line you have 2,3,2 as black, and an opening for a 3. Perfect match, if not the vertical line I marked is full and all those blocks should be white. --> There is no room for the 3 and so the leftmost 2 is incorrect.

Good luck solving,

Caro

Hi Caro, I tried to put the 3 over there in the first place, but couldn't make it to the finishing line, so I deleted that one, but forgot to delete some cluemarks and white spots. So here's a new screenshot. I think there are several mistakes, not just one, but I already deleted the complete top-section and started it all over again, I don't want to do that twice emoticon

The mistake may also ne in the area I made screenshot 2 from. I don't know it anymore :oops:
Maarten
Attachment

Attachment

Attachments: castle.GIF (121.9k), castle3.GIF (49.6k)

Answer
5/30/05 8:19 PM as a reply to dreamtheater.
The area I circled in blue has many small mistake. Delete this whole part and Please Start Again. :roll:

When you get stuck, submit a new screenshot.

Hagit
Attachment

Attachments: errors.gif (37.2k)

Answer
5/31/05 7:48 AM as a reply to dreamtheater.
I finally (after 4,5 hours) managed to complete this part. I deleted the top half and the left part of the puzzle, started over again, and with a lot of logic, (and one time guessing I have to admit) I made it. Before, I had guessed some more, that's why there were a few mistakes in the picture. 8)

Thanks for the help C and H emoticon

Maarten

Answer
5/31/05 9:25 PM as a reply to dreamtheater.
[quote="dreamtheater"]I finally (after 4,5 hours) managed to complete this part.
4,5 hours, that's fast!!! Have you looked at the average solving time of this one?

:thumbleft:

Answer
5/31/05 9:55 PM as a reply to dreamtheater.
[quote="Jeltje"]4,5 hours, that's fast!!! Have you looked at the average solving time of this one?

:thumbleft:

That's the time on paper, In total I worked on that one over 10 hours I think, with all the deleting and starting over. I am working on the 10 mil. point left upper-part now, and that so far is waaaaaay easier. Completed 2/3 of that one in under 1,5 hours, without pause (except to answer your emails emoticon). It remains strange how the point validator in the workshop works sometimes :roll:

Maarten

Answer
7/21/05 7:06 PM as a reply to dreamtheater.
Hi there. I think I'm having exactly the same problems that Maarten had with this part of the Castle.

I know there must be mistakes in the top part, particularly on the right of this screen grab.

Can anyone help please.

Many thanks,

Andrew
Attachment

Attachments: Castle.gif (18.8k)

Answer
7/21/05 9:57 PM as a reply to dreamtheater.
Hi (again) Andrew,

I checked your screenshot with my version of castle, and in the encircled red area was the only place I could find a mistake. The 1 should be a 2. From there on, you are on your own again (at least until you post your next screenshot emoticon emoticon !!

Good luck, Maarten
Attachment

Attachments: castle.GIF (20.2k)

Answer
7/22/05 7:55 AM as a reply to dreamtheater.
[quote="dreamtheater"]Hi (again) Andrew,

I checked your screenshot with my version of castle, and in the encircled red area was the only place I could find a mistake. The 1 should be a 2. From there on, you are on your own again (at least until you post your next screenshot emoticon emoticon !!

Good luck, Maarten

Thanks, (again) Maarten,

By making that 1 into a 2 meant that I had missed the two 1s further along that row. After that it was plain sailing :? to the end.

Only one more part of the Castle to complete, and I won't be sad to see the back of it.

Hopefully I will be able to help you with something one of these days.

Many thanks,

Andrew

PS. I have one or two questions about Easter Experiment....

Answer
7/22/05 8:36 AM as a reply to dreamtheater.
[quote="andrewmolloy"]

Thanks, (again) Maarten,

By making that 1 into a 2 meant that I had missed the two 1s further along that row. After that it was plain sailing :? to the end.

Only one more part of the Castle to complete, and I won't be sad to see the back of it.

Hopefully I will be able to help you with something one of these days.

Many thanks,

Andrew

PS. I have one or two questions about Easter Experiment....

Hi Andrew, I am glad you made it to the finishing line!! emoticon I don't know which part of castle you still have to make, the left middle part was as hard for me as the right middle part. The upper two parts posed no real problems, and the bottom two were also relatively easy.

I have the easter experience finished as well, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask help again (although I am going to have to watch my back, you are getting closer and closer to my spot on the top-solvers list emoticon ). So there may be a few wrong hints coming your way :twisted: (just kidding)

Maarten

Answer
7/22/05 11:19 AM as a reply to dreamtheater.
[quote="andrewmolloy"]Only one more part of the Castle to complete, and I won't be sad to see the back of it.

I thought the idea of puzzles was to have fun? If you don't like solving Castle, why solve it?

RE: Re: # 11894 castle problem
Answer
11/10/12 9:29 AM as a reply to dreamtheater.
I was stucking at with the same fault for three days without finding the answer. This hint helps me to solve. Thanks

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.