« Back to Get Help in Solving

24533 - Cauliflower

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
24533 - Cauliflower
Answer
7/30/05 6:17 PM
I'm stuck on this one and will be grateful if someone can throw me a hint or two.

Aviram
Attachment

Attachment

Attachments: Cas2.JPG (182.4k), caS.JPG (253.0k)

Re: 24533 - Cauliflower
Answer
7/31/05 9:46 AM as a reply to Ne_Plus_Ultra.
I have been trying to solve this one quite a while as well and I have managed to find only couple more cells than you. The only hint I can give is with the dark green three on column two. Try to find a place for it with trial and error. That's how I found one dark green cell for that column and that helped to mark some other dark greens as well. I don't post the screenshot here because I have no idea if I have got it right. If you find something with it and can find something more, tell me too, that's where I'm stucked now...

Elina

Answer
7/31/05 12:24 PM as a reply to Ne_Plus_Ultra.
Well, some of those vegetables really make hard puzzles! :roll: It took me some (a lot really) trial and error to conclude that the placement of the greens in the top rows only can be done as shown in the image. From there on you'll get a nice flow of blacks. emoticon

As for the logic steps you would need to find this solution, don't ask me :oops: . Maybe Wiggles would know?

Jelga
Attachment

Attachments: cauliflower3.jpg (34.3k)

Answer
7/31/05 9:40 PM as a reply to Ne_Plus_Ultra.
Solved, at last! I strongly doupt I would have got it started without any help. I got almost stucked couple times after that but managed to continue on my own. Clock stopped somewhere around 4 hours, but that's not even whole truth... :oops: Thanks Jelga! emoticon

Answer
7/31/05 10:04 PM as a reply to Ne_Plus_Ultra.
[quote="ElinaMaria"]Solved, at last! emoticon
:notworthy: Congratulations :occasion7:
I'm not even halfway myself yet. I gave up (again) some hours ago and deceided to try some simple b&w ones to make sure I still know how to solve a puzzle...

But now I know to who I can turn if I want to finish this one :help: :thumbup:

Jelga

Answer
8/1/05 3:52 AM as a reply to Ne_Plus_Ultra.
[quote="Jeltje"] I'm not even halfway myself yet. I gave up (again) some hours ago and deceided to try some simple b&w ones to make sure I still know how to solve a puzzle...

I know exactly what you mean! emoticon I have got that feeling quite many times myself. I once solved one kiddler, just to prove myself that there is still some life in my brain. Good luck with the rest of the puzzle, just ask for the help if you need... After your clue it was rather easy for a while but then it became hard again. I'm rather surprised I actually managed to solve it. :mrgreen:

Elina

Answer
8/2/05 2:41 AM as a reply to Ne_Plus_Ultra.
Though I'm sure by now everyone has gotton past these steps I'll just show the logic behind it. I think the tough part is the fact there are 3 colours so the x's and o's are not enough. Just BE CAREFUL and note where the dk or lt greens start when counting off squares.

Once you place the dkgreen13 you can see that the two squares above the leftmost dkgreen's CAN'T be back. From there it is easy to place a square from the black9. (If you can't see this, keep in mind that the dkgreen4 must start a long way from the right.)

Once you place this black square notice that the square directly below this CAN'T be black. (Again note where the dkgreen2's in the column must start.) Now you can place some of the black5 that is beside the dkgreen13. Once you place some of this black5 note that the first square you placed in this group CAN'T have a black above or below it. Now you can place most of the black9 in the row above the dkgreen13. Once you do this you can figure out what squares below this group of blacks CAN'T be black. From this you should be able to place a few on the black11. These CAN'T have black either above or below them so now we can place a bit of the black5 in the row above.

Anyhow keep on working like this and you should eventually solve it. Just be careful with the multiple colours.

Answer
8/2/05 10:13 PM as a reply to Ne_Plus_Ultra.
[quote="wiggles"]Once you place this black square notice that the square directly below this CAN'T be black.
Thank you Wiggles, you did it again :angel8:
This was the one I needed :o One black square only and suddenly it all works out.
Thank you again!!!

Jelga

Answer
8/4/05 6:13 PM as a reply to Ne_Plus_Ultra.
I'm sorry I couldn't reply earlier. I was away and didn't have internet access. :?
Anyway, thank you all for the hints and help, I've made some progress with them and so I hope I'll finish it soon. :happy6:

Aviram

Answer
8/5/05 10:51 AM as a reply to Ne_Plus_Ultra.
Finished! :toothy10:

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.