« Back to Get Help in Solving

Help with #13043 - Untitled

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Help with #13043 - Untitled
Answer
8/23/06 3:43 AM
I've been stuck on this part of a multipart for quite a while. If anyone can give me a little hint on what I missed to move forward, I would appreciate it.

Thanks so much!
Attachment

Attachments: 13043-stuck.jpg (185.8k)

Re: Help with #13043 - Untitled
Answer
8/23/06 5:02 AM as a reply to elron.
Hmm... for some reason the applet isn't opening for me right now, but I can see somewhere for you to go from your screenshot.

Row 26 from the bottom (clues 6,1,8,1,1,1,1): In that row you have marked a set of two, an unknown of one, a set of five. Can the unknown be white? No, because that would leave no place for the 1 between the 6 and the 8; so the unknown must be a black and gives you your set of 8 for that row (and you can then mark the whites on either end of it).

Row 27 from the bottom (clues 2,2,6,1,2,2,1): You have marked a block of one, an unknown of one, a set of five. Can the unknown be black? No, because that would give a set of 7 and there is no clue bigger than 6 in that row. The unknown must be white, giving you the 2,6 in that row.

Hope this helps. Let us know when you complete the puzzle.

Continued happy solving,
S.

(Without your vertical clues it is hard to tell if there is anything you could do with the columns. I notice the clues in the screenshot are right up to the edge, are any clues missing? That could invalidate anything I just wrote for you.)
Attachment

Attachments: Untitled_13043.JPG (184.8k)

Re: Help with #13043 - Untitled
Answer
8/25/06 3:45 AM as a reply to elron.
That was very helpful. It's coming along now and that gives me more open avenues to work toward solving. Thanks a bunch! emoticon

[quote="sslug"]Hmm... for some reason the applet isn't opening for me right now, but I can see somewhere for you to go from your screenshot.

Row 26 from the bottom (clues 6,1,8,1,1,1,1): In that row you have marked a set of two, an unknown of one, a set of five. Can the unknown be white? No, because that would leave no place for the 1 between the 6 and the 8; so the unknown must be a black and gives you your set of 8 for that row (and you can then mark the whites on either end of it).

Row 27 from the bottom (clues 2,2,6,1,2,2,1): You have marked a block of one, an unknown of one, a set of five. Can the unknown be black? No, because that would give a set of 7 and there is no clue bigger than 6 in that row. The unknown must be white, giving you the 2,6 in that row.

Hope this helps. Let us know when you complete the puzzle.

Continued happy solving,
S.

(Without your vertical clues it is hard to tell if there is anything you could do with the columns. I notice the clues in the screenshot are right up to the edge, are any clues missing? That could invalidate anything I just wrote for you.)

RE: Re: Help with #13043 - Untitled
Answer
2/22/09 12:53 PM as a reply to elron.
I am also stuck on this piece.
I have attached the lower right part where I know I have a problem. Specifically in the area marked.

Please tell me what I have done wrong.

Corinna
Attachment

Attachments: 13043.png (32.9k)

Answer
2/22/09 1:52 PM as a reply to Corinna.
Actually the problem stems from the other side in column 20 you have a group of 3 then a group of 4 but the clues are 2 4's if you fix that then erase that little bit on the right side you should be able to move on. Hope this helps.

Answer
2/23/09 12:25 AM as a reply to tj170.
Thanks for replying. I had assumed that part was correct as it hadn't been mentioned in the earlier help request.

I changed column 20 row 36 to black and altered the right, but then found that the 19 clue in row 36 turned into 20 black squares!

Did I make more errors?

Corinna 36

Answer
2/23/09 4:28 AM as a reply to Corinna.
You need to delete that little part in column 36 -40 because that 19 may not go that far now that you have take the white space out of column 20

Answer
2/23/09 12:33 PM as a reply to tj170.
Thanks tj. I deleted that area and was racing along when I screeched to a halt.
I have a mistake in the red area. Is my error a big one?

Corinna
Attachment

Attachments: 13043.png (16.3k)

Answer
2/24/09 2:01 PM as a reply to Corinna.
The problem stems from column 35. Delete column 35-39 from row 20 from bottom up and try again.

Answer
2/25/09 12:32 PM as a reply to tj170.
Thank you tj. :thumbright:

I finally finished it after taking your advice. Only 49 more pieces to go.

Corinna

Answer
2/26/09 1:48 PM as a reply to Corinna.
Congrats!!!! Glad I could help emoticon Good Luck on the rest!!!

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.