Need help with Fawn #42015.
Answer
9/4/12 7:22 AM
Can't seem to place the next box.

Thanks

Re: Need help with Fawn #42015.
Answer
2/9/07 1:50 AM as a reply to berseph.
[quote="berseph"]Can't seem to place the next box.

Thanks

Here's a little tip...Look at the screenshot. In the top right I placed 1 blue square, that spot can't be dark, because then the light 1 and 3 can not go in between...Now you can eliminate the spot above as well, that leaves only 2 places for the 2 dark 1's in row 1...

Good luck with the rest!! and if you need some more tips, don't hesitate to ask!!

Maarten

PS, just a little extra tip...I find it very useful to change the colors to ones that are further apart. I always choose black and blue for the colors, but any color that suits you is of course ok...
Attachment

Attachments: 42015help.gif (13.5k)

Answer
2/9/07 2:21 PM as a reply to berseph.
i was stucked at almost the same point and just wonder how this little dot gets me much further.
big THANX to dreamtheather, you did it again... emoticon

Answer
2/9/07 8:01 PM as a reply to berseph.
[quote="dreamtheater"][quote="berseph"]Can't seem to place the next box.

Thanks

Here's a little tip...Look at the screenshot. In the top right I placed 1 blue square, that spot can't be dark, because then the light 1 and 3 can not go in between...Now you can eliminate the spot above as well, that leaves only 2 places for the 2 dark 1's in row 1...

Good luck with the rest!! and if you need some more tips, don't hesitate to ask!!

Maarten

PS, just a little extra tip...I find it very useful to change the colors to ones that are further apart. I always choose black and blue for the colors, but any color that suits you is of course ok...

Much thanks for your help Maarten. It's amazing what one little square will do. I've got it figured out now.

Answer
2/10/07 12:49 AM as a reply to berseph.
Always nice to know that your help is appreciated!! I remembered this spot well, because I was stuck at exactly the same spot...it really is amazing how one little white block can change the whole puzzle from insolvable to solvable emoticon emoticon

Maarten

Answer
2/15/07 8:06 PM as a reply to berseph.
Hi Guys,

Just one tiny, tiny little hint.... please!

This one is doing my head in!

Thanx

Robert
Attachment

Attachments: Fawn.JPG (158.0k)

Answer
2/15/07 9:11 PM as a reply to berseph.
Hi Robert,

Have a look at column 40. In this one you have all browns filled in, apart from the 8. And you have one single brown clue in the middle of this column, so this has to be part of the 8. This means you can fill in a lot of whites in this column.

For me the only way to solve puzzles like this one is to use the X- and O-markers to point out the places where one of the colors can't go. With puzzles like these sometimes there is only one single square in it that can be used for the next step. It also makes it easier for us to look in your screenshot for the next step.
I remember at one point finding an additional X high up in the column gave me one single light square way down. It was all I needed to continue, but I would never have found it without the X.

I hope this helps!

Jelga

Answer
2/16/07 1:21 AM as a reply to berseph.
[quote="Jeltje"]Hi Robert,

Have a look at column 40. In this one you have all browns filled in, apart from the 8. And you have one single brown clue in the middle of this column, so this has to be part of the 8. This means you can fill in a lot of whites in this column.

I hope this helps!

Jelga

Cheers Jelga. Sometimes you miss the obvious and then look really silly.

Answer
4/5/07 8:41 AM as a reply to berseph.
hi,
i am glad to be in griddlers, love to solve and love to create mini's. oh and love to read your good comments emoticon
but now, i stuck in this puzzle. :cry:
can anybody tell me if there is a mistake?
or where is the next step?

Answer
4/5/07 2:47 PM as a reply to berseph.
[quote="misra"]hi,
i am glad to be in griddlers, love to solve and love to create mini's. oh and love to read your good comments emoticon
but now, i stuck in this puzzle. :cry:
can anybody tell me if there is a mistake?
or where is the next step?

Hi Misra,

There are couple of areas that are wrong, I put a black rectangle around them. First clear those areas.

How to continue? There are 2 spots I found.

*First take a close look at row 32. You have 1 dark brown clue there (the one that's part of the brown 7 in clumn 24) that HAS TO BE one of the 2 single dark brown 1's that don't have a light one in between. That means that the dark 3 in that same row has to go to the left of that single brown one. There are only 2 places for it, but (and I know I am crossing the line now to MLS) after trying them in both places, you will find that the most right of the 2 places can't be the one. So you can fill in the dark brown 3 in that row, and some more clues as well.

*Now take a look at screenshot 2. I placed some blue markers to indicate that those spots can't be light. In the row above the one with the blue squares, there is 1 dark brown. That can go only in 2 places, and in both of those places there has to be a light brown below it. Now you can fill in some more o's (red squares) and you see that there is only 1 place for the dark brown in that same row. You can continue a while with this clue as well!!

I hope this helps, good luck

Maarten emoticon
Attachment

Attachment

Attachments: fawn 2.gif (142.3k), fawn.GIF (126.5k)

Answer
4/16/07 5:05 AM as a reply to berseph.
thanks Marteen, you helped much!
:? but i still didnot finish!

Answer
4/17/07 8:25 PM as a reply to berseph.
hi marteen,
i finally finished it, i am very happy emoticon
but i sometimes had to guess. and now began to anew andreasss puzzle for good points.
if i stuck again, may i ask for help again?
thanks again
Gönül Kurnaz

Answer
4/17/07 9:33 PM as a reply to berseph.
[quote="misra"]hi marteen,
i finally finished it, i am very happy emoticon
but i sometimes had to guess. and now began to anew andreasss puzzle for good points.
if i stuck again, may i ask for help again?
thanks again
Gönül Kurnaz

Of course you can!! I am glad I could help you a bit...and please...save some time for creating those tiny ones as well...they are great emoticon

Maarten

Answer
9/13/07 12:34 PM as a reply to berseph.
I stuck. Can anybody tell me if I have a mistake?
Attachment

Attachments: fawn.jpg (248.0k)

Answer
9/13/07 2:05 PM as a reply to berseph.
[quote="jolkaaaaa"]I stuck. Can anybody tell me if I have a mistake?

Hi Jolka,

There are no real mistakes, but take a look at my attached screenshot. Look at the blue areas, I could fill in a lot more x's and o's in those areas, and I noticed that you didn't tick away all the clues there.

Now for the 'real' clues: in column 31 you can fill in 1 block of the dark brown 5, and with this clue you can fill in some more x's in the same column and some x's and o's in the row that block is placed.

The second clue is a bit more substantial. With the extra block of backgroundcolor in row 29, you can fill in one of the 2 light 1's that have to go between the dark 1's. After filling in that light 1, take a close look at the row above emoticon

I hope I have helped you a bit further now, don't hesitate to ask for help again when you are stuck again emoticon

M@@rten
Attachment

Attachments: fawnhelp.gif (15.1k)

Answer
9/13/07 6:04 PM as a reply to berseph.
Finally I solve this grid emoticon.
Thank you for help M@@rten :*
I'm very happy emoticon

Answer
2/11/08 5:06 AM as a reply to berseph.
This fawn griddler has been driving me crazy. :? I've started and restarted so many times that I can't give up now. Thanks to all for the advice given so far.

I am stuck at this point (see attachment). I've been looking and looking and nothing is coming to me. If anyone could give me a little hint, I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
Jason
Liberty, Missouri
Attachment

Attachments: fawn griddler.GIF (99.6k)

Answer
2/11/08 8:51 AM as a reply to berseph.
i remember how i solved it. it was a permanetly search for a little dot to go on.
so this is one of the puzzles that needs absolut exactness. every little dot or marker can make the difference.
you have a good basis, cause i can see no errors.
but i found 3 markers not been set and one backgroundcolor square to fill in.
the backgroundcolor one:
count from top in row 18 at the right side. there is one dark clue left. eigher if you put it left or right, because the columns clue are bigger than 1 you can fill in a background square in the row above (column 34, row 17)
the missing markers:
in column 31 (count from left) you have filled in one square of the dark 5clue. but below it follows the dark 2clue, so you can put 3 x-markers below that single dot.

that two little spots brings you not much further, but there will be sure more such little spots....

Answer
2/11/08 8:55 AM as a reply to berseph.
here it comes again - one little spot:
column 17 at the top. after the dark 2clue (one square is filled in) comes a light 4 clue. so you can put 3 O-markers below....

and row 3:
at column 13 you have filled in a dark square. if you look at the clues, after and bevor each single dark clue are 2 light clues, so you can put 3 O-markers befor and behind that dark dot in the row....

Answer
2/11/08 9:51 AM as a reply to berseph.
[quote="bullfrosch"]and row 3:
at column 13 you have filled in a dark square. if you look at the clues, after and bevor each single dark clue are 2 light clues, so you can put 3 O-markers befor and behind that dark dot in the row....

I have to disagree with this one bullfrosch. There is also a sequence of 2 single dark 1's, so you can only put 1 o before and after the dark 1 clue that is already there.

I attached a screenshot of my own. The red markers are additional x's, o's and 1 backgroundspot I could fill in.

Now look at the blue marker. In the row it is in, there are only dark 2's, so that spot cannot be dark, if you look to column 30, you can fill in one more block of the dark 5, and you can continue with row 10, and after that column 32 (the dark 3 emoticon )
Attachment

Attachments: fawnhelp.gif (8.4k)

Answer
2/11/08 9:56 PM as a reply to berseph.
[quote="dreamtheater"]I have to disagree with this one bullfrosch.
right. so much to the easy spelling word accuracy :roll: emoticon

Answer
2/12/08 12:45 AM as a reply to berseph.
Thank you for the hints. I was able to finally get this bugger solved. Got stuck close to the end but made a couple of good guesses and got it done. Couldn't have done it without it. Once again, thanks!!

RE: Re: Need help with Fawn #42015.
Answer
4/18/09 11:55 AM as a reply to JaseFifty1.
Hi. Could someone give me a little tip. I'm looking and looking but I can't find a new point.

I hope that someone could help me to finish this griddler.

(Sorry for bad English. ;i)

Carina.
Attachment

Attachments: Fawn.PNG (47.4k)

Answer
4/19/09 5:21 AM as a reply to Criena.
Hi Carina,

I have found a few small errors. Delete the sections in the red lines and the red square. You may have to check your X and O's as well. Good luck.

PS Your English is fine.

Corinna
Attachment

Attachments: 42015 help.png (132.4k)

Answer
8/27/12 5:44 PM as a reply to Corinna.
Hey,

I know I'm missing a crucial step, but I just can't find it ^^
Any help would be appreciated!
Attachment

Attachments: 42015.png (217.1k)

Answer
8/27/12 10:59 PM as a reply to ivotjah.
Hi Ivo emoticon

First of all...Finally someone who uses the exact same colors as I do when I am solving those 3-colored ones!! I have standard white/black/blue for those as well emoticon

Now for the help: Take a closer look at row 9. You can fill quite a bit of background in columns 34-37. Now you can continue again in column 34! emoticon

Hope this helps you to continue again, Good luck, Maarten 

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.