Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
41927 Hawk
Answer
2/21/07 8:25 AM
I fight this griddler for about two days without any significant result. Everything of it seems to me to be based on assumption and there are just too many what if areas for my taste. I do not like puzzles like this, but so far I never gave up a griddler... Would somebody give me an advice on how to get further? Attached is a picture of how far did I get.

GICaesar
Attachment

Attachments: hawk.gif (65.6k)

Re: 41927 Hawk
Answer
2/21/07 9:37 PM as a reply to GICaesar.
Hi,

I have not solved this one yet, but I do love these 3-colored puzzles, exactly because of the challenge they provide! I started this puzzle tonight and just reached the point where you are stuck (apart from the clues at the right, but that's probably because I don't want to use Multi Line Solving).

For now, concentrate on the left side of the puzzle. The first column on the left has 3 blocks of 2 of the lighter color. Start counting from the top and you'll see that two of them can be placed right away. They'll provide you with some more steps.

A big help with these puzzles is using the X- and O markers btw, for me it's impossible to solve puzzles like these without them. Something else: for some reason in your screenshot the backgroundcolor is the same as your puzzle background. That makes it quite impossible to solve it! Finding the white color is just as important as finding the clues in puzzles of this level.

I hope this helps,

Jelga

Answer
3/16/07 5:21 PM as a reply to GICaesar.
Thank you, but maybe I just do not see it. No matter which combination of the 2s I try, I can't seem to get further...

GICaesar

Answer
3/16/07 10:15 PM as a reply to GICaesar.
there is only one combine of the two ligther 2-clues jeltje means. i marked them for you in the pic. the o`s are the only places there lighter squares can be place. and so counting from top you can fill in the two upper 2-clues from the 3 clues like in the pic...
hope that helps a little further on.
Attachment

Attachments: first colum.jpg (81.7k)

RE: 41927 Hawk
Answer
6/27/09 1:38 PM as a reply to GICaesar.
I thought I was doing really well with this one but now I am stuck. Can anyone give me a clue where I went wrong?

Thanks

Corinna
Attachment

Attachments: 41927.png (23.2k)

Answer
6/27/09 10:53 PM as a reply to Corinna.
Hi Corinna,
Delete from row 9 col 9 to row 14 col 19 and try again. emoticon Hope this helps.

Tj

Answer
6/28/09 12:52 PM as a reply to tj170.
Thanks Tj. I deleted the area you mentioned and tried again, but I am stuck again in a similar position.
Did I make more mistakes?

Corinna
Attachment

Attachments: 14927 again.png (7.3k)

Answer
6/28/09 5:08 PM as a reply to Corinna.
Hi Corinna,
Sorry I just found another mistake its the single dark dot in line 7 column 16 try deleting rows 7,8,9 and 10 from columns 13 to 19. Hope this helps

Tj

Answer
6/29/09 4:43 AM as a reply to tj170.
Thanks TJ.

That was just the clue I needed. I have finally finished it (but it took me over twice the mid time)

Thanks again for all your help.

Corinna

Answer
6/29/09 5:31 PM as a reply to Corinna.
Glad you got it finished emoticon You are welcome

Tj

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.