« Back to Get Help in Solving

45494 Wind from left

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
45494 Wind from left
Answer
2/27/13 4:12 PM
Please, I need help in solving this puzzle. I'm stuck!!
Thank you!!
Attachment

Attachments: Dibujo.JPG (255.2k)

RE: 45494 Wind from left
Answer
3/3/09 10:08 PM as a reply to almuiriarte.
Hi,
This is a typical puzzle to solve with the help of the X- and O- markers. I filled them in up to the stage where you are now. With the help of those markers, it's easy to see that row 5 is the place to look. From left to right:
The first cell cannot be dark, because of the clues of the column. So the dark 5 gets one more cell to the right.
The light cell next to is it part of a block of 3. It has to go to the right at least one more place.
Counting from the right in this line, you'll notice the first single dark cell just has to be part of the 2, because of the light 1 next to it.

I hope this is clear!

Jelga
Attachment

Attachments: 45494.JPG (202.5k)

Answer
3/3/09 10:10 PM as a reply to Jeltje.
Oops, I just noticed I switched the light and dark colors. It might be a bit confusing because of this, but the steps are just the same.

Have fun solving,

Jelga

Answer
3/9/09 3:22 PM as a reply to Jeltje.
Thanks

I will try to do it!

Answer
2/23/13 9:46 AM as a reply to almuiriarte.
I am also stuck on this one.  I don't know where to go next.  I've tried a few things, but they get me no further.
Could some kind person check to see if I have made a mistake?

Thanks.
Attachment

Attachments: 45494.PNG (73.6k)

Answer
2/23/13 1:27 PM as a reply to Corinna.
So far it looks ok to me (but I have not checked your markers).
Concentrate on the most left column now. There is on cell you can place there and you'll be able to continue in the top left corner because of that.

Have fun solving!

Jelga

Answer
3/17/13 11:08 AM as a reply to Jeltje.
I've made a bit of progress since you helped me, but I'm starting to guess again.
Could I trouble you for another hint please?

Corinna
Attachment

Attachments: 45494.PNG (2,157.4k)

Answer
3/17/13 11:31 AM as a reply to Corinna.
There's one obvious place to continue, that's the light 4 in column 17, you marked a light 1 there. And in the bottom part of the puzzle there are a couple of small mistakes, remove the black area and replace the markers. For the rest the puzzle seems ok to me.

I hope this is enough to get you going again, if not, you know where to find us ;)

Good luck, Maarten
Attachment

Attachments: windhelp.jpg (289.4k)

Answer
3/19/13 11:07 AM as a reply to dreamtheater.
Oops! Such a silly mistake.  Thanks for picking that up.
I have got a bit further, but I think I have made more mistakes.
Could I please impose on you to help me again.
Attachment

Attachments: 45494.PNG (2,003.7k)

Answer
3/20/13 8:34 AM as a reply to Corinna.
OK, here we go emoticon

There are 2 small (but significant) mistakes.

Delete the 2 backgrounds I marked in red (row 21/column 27 and row 42/column 17). Because of the wrong background in column 27, you have also placed some wrong o's in that column (marked in yellow). 

The o's I marked in yellow in row 28 can also be dark (the dark 1-light 1 in columns 13/14 can also be the first combination in that row) So it could be that the o's are rightly placed, but you don't know that yet.

Now for the 2 hints:

The orange in column 16/row 40: The light color you have placed in column 16/row 42 is either part of the light 2, or the light 1, in either case it CANNOT BE light --> the orange spot you can mark with x

The same logic applies in row 24 (the area marked in black): After the light you have marked in column 15, the next clue is a dark one --> the area marked in black CANNOT BE light --> you can fill in background. When you check the clues in the columns that you placed the backgrounds, you will find very soon that you can now place the single 1 in row 23, but also that you can place backgrounds in row 25/columns 22-26. And with the correction you made in column 27 you will see that you can continue nicely in that column now emoticon

Hope this is clear to you emoticon

Good luck, Maarten
Attachment

Attachments: windhelp2.jpg (245.9k)

Answer
3/20/13 11:58 AM as a reply to dreamtheater.
emoticon
Thank you so much Maarten.  That last help was just what I needed to finish this part of the puzzle.
Even though it has taken me over 3 times the midtime, I am delighted to have finally finished this piece.

Thanks again.

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.