« Back to iGridd Applet

guides are off

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
guides are off
Answer
3/5/07 4:26 AM
just noticed this... maybe this is why it's taking me so long to do "Warning: A Thief!"

it does this on the horizontal guides as well...
this really doesn't matter on small puzzles like this, obviously, but on the 50x50s it can really mess with your eyes...
Attachment

Attachments: grid.JPG (41.4k)

Re: guides are off
Answer
3/5/07 10:40 AM as a reply to ellipsis.
We need to be able to reproduce the error, only then we can fix it. Try to find what you do to make it happen and describe it for us step by step. If others share the same problem, they might help as well.

Hagit

Answer
3/6/07 12:41 AM as a reply to ellipsis.
It happens to me sometimes too, usually when I'm moving the pointer between columns. I think it might possibly at a point where the part of the pointer that registers is right on the line. Clicking makes a mark in the highlighted column, but the guides on the numbers lag behind in the column the pointer moved from (I haven't noticed it happening on the rows).

I've had it mostly in those 50x50's, but if you roll the mouse back and forth it goes away. The only time it's a problem is when one is staring at it for a long time, but then after making a mark the guides jump back together and it's pretty noticable so easy to correct with Undo.

Answer
3/6/07 1:33 AM as a reply to ellipsis.
Okay, I was just able to do it on purpose to both rows and columns: Slowly move the pointer to the next box, and just barely cross the line. The guides over the clues stay behind, while the puzzle area guides advance.

It also works backward: If I slowly move the pointer just barely into the next box, but then don't quite finish going there, the guides over the clues advance, and the ones over the puzzle area stay in place (and clicking marks that place).

But as I said, clearly moving the mouse makes it all join back up again. emoticon

Answer
3/6/07 2:11 PM as a reply to ellipsis.
Well, glllop is right ! it happned also 2 me many times, but i didn't want 2 bother the team ; glllop describes exactly what happenes 2 me, step by step ! i solve the problem by moving the mouse with fast movement or by marking 1 clue. Of course it is not the best solution....

Answer
3/7/07 8:30 AM as a reply to ellipsis.
Fixed! :-)
The guides aren't "lazy" anymore.

Thank you for your help.
Hagit

Answer
3/8/07 1:01 AM as a reply to ellipsis.
Thanks a ton! I'm sure now I can fix some of those tough andreasss puzzles!

Answer
3/10/07 7:24 AM as a reply to ellipsis.
it isn't perfect yet:
i own a new alogitech mouse (with red light). When i move the mouse up or down, everything is OK,
BUT -if i scroll up or down with the wheel (i mean without moving the mouse on the table),
the HORIZONTAL GUIDES stay in the same line until i move the the mouse itself !

Answer
3/10/07 5:29 PM as a reply to ellipsis.
[quote="isidor"]it isn't perfect yet:
i own a new alogitech mouse (with red light). When i move the mouse up or down, everything is OK,
BUT -if i scroll up or down with the wheel (i mean without moving the mouse on the table),
The Middle Mouse Button is not set for scrolling the guides, only for scrolling the grid. So, I must say I'm glad it works this way. It isn't a bug. :-)
Hagit

Answer
3/11/07 6:48 PM as a reply to ellipsis.
[quote="hagitm"][quote="isidor"]it isn't perfect yet:
The Middle Mouse Button is not set for scrolling the guides, only for scrolling the grid. So, I must say I'm glad it works this way. It isn't a bug. :-)
Hagit
Thanks for your answer. But...in the old applet if i scroll with the middle button it works, and i was sure it will work also in the New-Applet...

Answer
3/12/07 1:26 AM as a reply to ellipsis.
emoticon isidor, I have an Logitech cordless that's a couple years old and figured I should try and see. emoticon

(I have a pretty big screen so don't usually need to scroll much, except in Triddlers which don't even have guides (what I wouldn't give for Triddlers guides!!)).

When I use the mousewheel to scroll the vertical guides get truncated and if I scroll back the horizontal guides disappear. When I let go and return to standard mouse position (probably moves the mouse a tiny bit) the guides come right back.

Doesn't bother me emoticon But it's interesting. emoticon

Answer
3/12/07 11:11 AM as a reply to ellipsis.
isidor, you are right. I'm sorry I didn't understand you at first. It's a bug that is to be fixed.
Hagit

Answer
3/12/07 9:04 PM as a reply to ellipsis.
Well...it happnes that i shout "wolf" and somebody believes me... Tanks.

Answer
3/16/07 9:10 PM as a reply to ellipsis.
[quote="isidor"]Well...it happnes that i shout "wolf" and somebody believes me... Tanks.
Fixed! emoticon
Hagit

Answer
3/17/07 3:52 AM as a reply to ellipsis.
Uhoh! Now, when filling on Area, half the guides disappear when the mouse stops. They come back when it's moved, but it's freaky.

(I didn't mind the scrolling one, though that is well fixed now emoticon )

Answer
3/17/07 8:15 AM as a reply to ellipsis.
I have noticed the same thing lately and it is starting to bother me. Whenever I draw more than one square in area mode, they disappear when I have finished drawing. Guides also disappear if I'm drawing x's or o's in area mode.

Answer
3/17/07 9:23 PM as a reply to ellipsis.
It should work well now. :-)
Hagit

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.