« Back to iGridd Applet

Completed puzzles

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Completed puzzles
Answer
5/8/08 10:56 AM
I do griddlers while at work (and I don't recommend this to anyone - LOL). Yesterday I completed a number of Kiddlers and some of the new puzzles of the day at work. When I got home and logged in, the site showed their completion - but this morning, they are listed as still to be solved. I know this is a glich somewhere. Can you see what happened? emoticon

RE: Completed puzzles
Answer
5/8/08 5:59 PM as a reply to tlym.
We launched a new version of WebStart. Maybe the application was not downloaded completely. If you uninstall/reinstall WebStart - it'll be okay.

Go to Control Panel and doubleclick the Java icon.
Select "General" and click on the button View at the bottom, where Temporary
Internet Files section is.
Click on the iGridd icon and select Delete Application from Show.
Close all windows and download WebStart again.

Let us know if it helped.

Hagit

Answer
5/8/08 8:56 PM as a reply to hagitm.
Hi, Hagit - I did what you said but it still doesn't show the puzzles as solved. But I did get the new puzzles for today. They didn't show up before. Any other suggestions?
Terry

Answer
5/8/08 9:00 PM as a reply to tlym.
tlym:
Hi, Hagit - I did what you said but it still doesn't show the puzzles as solved. But I did get the new puzzles for today. They didn't show up before. Any other suggestions?
Terry

The new puzzles have been published a few moments ago. It isn't part of the problem.

Do you remember an ID of 1 puzzle you solved but can't view?
Hagit

Answer
5/8/08 9:21 PM as a reply to hagitm.
Hagit:
Here are the ID numbers:
New Puzzles: 62843; 62842; 62841
Kiddlers: 60738; 60505; 60486; 59188; 58613; 58607; 58569; 58565; 58564; 58563.
Interestingly enough, my comments show up.
Thanks,
Terry

Answer
5/8/08 9:46 PM as a reply to tlym.
tlym:
Hagit:
Here are the ID numbers:
New Puzzles: 62843; 62842; 62841
Kiddlers: 60738; 60505; 60486; 59188; 58613; 58607; 58569; 58565; 58564; 58563.
Interestingly enough, my comments show up.
Thanks,
Terry

Terry,

All those puzzles are registered as solved. Just to be sure - you can go to the site itself and look for one of the puzzles above. You'll see the image and your time of solving.

The reason you can't view them yet is cache memory. Please try again to do what I recommended above. There is also a link to "temporary file" of Java. Clear (delete) them too.

Hagit

Answer
5/9/08 11:30 AM as a reply to hagitm.
Hi, Hagit - I've done what you suggested again, but still they are not shown as solved in the applet. I guess this is no big deal because they are actually solved, but I thank you for your time on this.
Terry

Answer
5/9/08 6:35 PM as a reply to tlym.
If you open iGridd applet from the site (not WebStart) - do you see the solved puzzles?
What about new puzzles you solve? Do you see them as solved, and only the puzzles from May 6th aren't viewable?

Hagit

Answer
5/9/08 9:06 PM as a reply to hagitm.
Hi - I opened the applet from the site. I finished puzzle #59493 - 59500 today (a multi) and it shows that I solved it in the list, but not in the details and I cannot view it. I have completed all the kiddlers but in the list with the filter "only not solved," the ones I did recently show up. Does that help in solving this mystery?
Terry

Answer
5/9/08 10:55 PM as a reply to tlym.
tlym:
I have completed all the kiddlers but in the list with the filter "only not solved," the ones I did recently show up.

I only checked the kiddlers. You have done them all, indeed. Right now it is still a mystery, but I'll keep thinking how to fix it.

One more thing that can help is clearing the browser cache memory. When you do it, make sure you have only one browser window open, and it should not be any page of griddlers.

Hagit

Answer
5/10/08 11:44 AM as a reply to hagitm.
Thanks for your time, Hagit. emoticon

Answer
5/10/08 2:00 PM as a reply to tlym.
Hagit:
I just looked at the Kiddlers and it still shows not solved - But can you tell me what you mean about cache memory - where is it and how do I delete it?
Terry

Answer
5/10/08 3:17 PM as a reply to tlym.
Okay! There is one more resolution.

You need to find the file "tlym.gsv" on your computer. You should locate the file in the following directory:
C:\Documents and Settings\your_name\.iGridd\
If it isn't there - search for "tlym.gsv".
Delete this file. The applet should be closed when you do it.

Open the applet again but don't click anywhere. It needs to download the file you deleted. You will see that the top blue bar is "out of focus" (lighter than usual). Once it gets the dark blue back - you can click.

It'll only take that long time to download. The next time you open the applet it will be fast.

*crossing fingers*

Hagit

Answer
5/10/08 5:38 PM as a reply to hagitm.
SUCCESS, HAGIT!!!!Again, thank you so much. You and the rest of the team ROCK.:thumbleft:
Terry

Answer
5/10/08 6:08 PM as a reply to tlym.
The angel :angel7: :angel12: :angel3: :angel5: is Ra100!
I'm just happy: :angel8:

Answer
5/10/08 9:37 PM as a reply to tlym.
Your misery, tlym, helped finding a solution for everyone who may have the same problem you did.

Look at the site news iGridd Applet - Clear solving cache Automatically.

Thank you too! :-)
Hagit

Answer
5/11/08 12:02 PM as a reply to hagitm.
I'm glad I could help you help others.

To RA100 :notworthy:

Answer
5/13/08 3:26 PM as a reply to tlym.
Hi, Hagit:
Today my applet shows the puzzles I did at work as unsolved. They are and have comments. Do you suggest I delete the cache at work, too. I will look back now to the directions on how to do that so they will show up here at home. Just wanted you to know that it happened again :roll:
Terry

Answer
5/13/08 4:38 PM as a reply to tlym.
This time you don't need to work hard to clear the the cache. When the applet is open - select Reset All (last option in the left menu) and click on the YES button below the question Do you want to clear the Java Cache?

Once the applet completes the cleaning - the solved puzzles will show.

Hagit

Answer
6/25/08 11:32 AM as a reply to hagitm.
63242 (Donald Duck: part of multi)
I solved it yesterday, solved it today, cleared the Java cache, deleted the GSV file, yet it STILL shows as unsolved. What's wrong?? :?: :?: :?:

Edit: Also Minimalism puzzle 65228

Answer
6/25/08 11:45 AM as a reply to ACW.
ACW:
63242 (Donald Duck: part of multi)
I solved it yesterday, solved it today, cleared the Java cache, deleted the GSV file, yet it STILL shows as unsolved. What's wrong?? :?: :?: :?:

Edit: Also Minimalism puzzle 65228

We launched a new version of the applet yesterday. To be sure you use the right one - remove WebStart completely and download it again, as follows:

Go to Control Panel and doubleclick the Java icon.
Select "General" and click on the button View at the bottom, where Temporary
Internet Files section is.
Click on the iGridd icon and select Delete Application from Show.
Close all windows and download WebStart again.

Solve a small puzzle (minimalism), and then - close and reopen the applet to check that the puzzle was not registered as solved only locally.

Let us know if it solved the problem.

Hagit

Answer
6/25/08 12:21 PM as a reply to hagitm.
Well, the Minimalism apparently worked, but not the Multi. If I have to solve that Donald Duck part 1 more time :evil:

Answer
6/25/08 12:26 PM as a reply to ACW.
ACW:
Well, the Minimalism apparently worked, but not the Multi. If I have to solve that Donald Duck part 1 more time :evil:

Don't solve it again, but please solve 2-3 more easy puzzles before you start with the high mid-time ones. You can be verify that a puzzle is solved if you see it as solved through the web.

Hagit

Answer
6/25/08 12:43 PM as a reply to hagitm.
Hmm, odd...it seems to be solved now on the applet...

Answer
6/25/08 2:42 PM as a reply to ACW.
Urg, maybe it's NOT working. It seems to be working at times, not at others. :x

Answer
6/25/08 5:08 PM as a reply to ACW.
A multi I solved yesterday wasn't showing as solved on the list page, but going to the details page it was showing them as solved. So I think it was something from the upgrade causing it yesterday.

I haven't been on yet today to see if its showing it as solved.

Answer
6/25/08 5:15 PM as a reply to momb.
Its showing yesterdays as solved in the appelet now, but not on the main site "puzzles" page. I think they were added to my number of puzzles solved, but I'm not sure.

Answer
6/25/08 5:21 PM as a reply to momb.
Who knows. I may just hold off on solving puzzles until I get an all clear for the applet.

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.