iGridd Applet

Webstart Slugging

Toggle
Webstart Slugging
Answer
2/12/11 8:07 PM
I have been using webstart for some time and have never noticed any problems. However, once the update to the comments was made, I have noticed that every time I select a new griddler to solve, it takes about 30 seconds or longer for the applet to update and allow me to open the puzzle.

Is this a known issue with the comment upgrade? Is there an easy was for me to fix igridd?

Thank you for any help.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Webstart Slugging
Answer
2/12/11 9:50 PM as a reply to jdkear ..
Uninstall Webstart as follows:
Go to Control Panel and doubleclick the Java icon.
Select "General" and click on the button View at the bottom, where Temporary Internet Files section is.
Click on the iGridd icon and select Delete Application from Show.
Close all windows and download the applet again.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/12/11 10:40 PM as a reply to Hagit Maor.
I have the same problem, everything acting rather sluggish. I already tried reinstalling the igridd webstart, i tried switchign to a newer and an older version of java, ...
What I noticed it that whenever i try to click anything, the status at the bottom of the window changes to "processing", and I have to wait for that to finish before i can do anything. It also makes a noise whenever it finished "processing". very annoying cause i can't play like this!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/13/11 1:04 AM as a reply to Hagit Maor.
I tried doing this. In fact I did it twice and deleted all associated igrid files from my computer. When I reinstalled, I discovered that I am having the same problem.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/17/11 9:35 PM as a reply to Hagit Maor.
It is same behavior here also. I already tried uninstall / delete java temporary files / reinstall different versions of Java.
Also during solving, when I click the "Save" button or press "Ctrl+S", the puzzle hangs for about 15-20 seconds.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/18/11 9:12 PM as a reply to flim.
flim:
during solving, when I click the "Save" button or press "Ctrl+S", the puzzle hangs for about 15-20 seconds.

There is a new applet to download. It splits saving from downloading the comments, i.e.: when you save the comments don't stall the applet.

Thanks for noticing and telling us about it,
Hagit
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/19/11 2:41 PM as a reply to Hagit Maor.
Thank you! It is much better now.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/20/11 1:05 PM as a reply to Hagit Maor.
The new applet is so much better, no waiting between selecting different puzzles. Thank you!!!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/10/11 6:20 PM as a reply to jdkear ..
Same problem still continues.
iMac 10.4.8 Safari 4.1.3
I downloaded new iGrid or Applet I think, but maybe not Webstart. Whatever I did, the applet window and the puzzle, which are often left on sleep, no longer disappear at wake up.
However, sometimes when I click on "Solve", I have to wait up to four minutes, 54 seconds!
Sometimes when I complete a puzzle, I have to wait a few minutes before it goes away.

Curious if you asked solvers if they wanted those changes to the comments? I rarely write a comment anymore.
Is it possible to put comments back on consecutive lines, and have a triangle or such to click which would open the details of that comment. I rarely want that info, and it seems to hinder a fast load. I don't want to have to scroll the two windows to see all comments.

Thanks. Bruce
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/19/11 8:46 PM as a reply to Bruce Burnham.
Read the latest news about iGridd/Webstart's new way to control the comments. Close the applet and open it again to download the updated version. Let us know if it helped.

Regards,
Hagit
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/22/11 9:09 PM as a reply to Hagit Maor.
I downloaded a new Webstart, then got the applet. When I have my puzzle list, and select a puzzle, and then select "Details" - NOTHING happens. Details button gets a dashed line around it, and not another word. It doesn't hang up though. I can click the "Solve" to play.
Bruce
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/26/11 10:45 PM as a reply to Bruce Burnham.
Aha! It's not in the "Details" button, but down in the Comments window. The blue word "Settings" allows one to shut off comments.
BB
0 (0 Votes)

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.