« Back to Macintosh

Safari crashing in OS 10.3.9

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Safari crashing in OS 10.3.9
Answer
10/9/08 8:23 PM
I'm using a Mac with 10.3.9 and Safari. I'm having trouble with Safari crashing in the middle of solving a griddler. This just started happening in the past couple of days. I haven't changed anything on my Mac. Can anyone help me?

RE: Safari crashing in OS 10.3.9
Answer
10/9/08 9:01 PM as a reply to mbohnhoff.
I started my Mac and tested a bit and Safari (I have the same configuration as you) did crash very easily indeed. So far - one thing seems to help: disable JavaScript.

Could you try this and let us know if this helps for you? If this does stop Safari crashing, the Team might know where to look for a solution.

Jelga

Answer
10/10/08 2:45 PM as a reply to Jeltje.
I disbled Javascript and it seemed to help. I was able to complete a Kiddler without Safari crashing. However, I was not able to reply to the post on my Mac. When I clicked on reply nothing happened, so I used my PC to respond.

Thanks for the quick response.

Answer
1/19/12 8:29 PM as a reply to mbohnhoff.
It is better to change safari to the new updated version. It is not so much problem with that one.

Answer
2/2/12 1:00 PM as a reply to mbohnhoff.
Having same problem. WE are running Mac OSX 10.4 and Safari is crashing as puzzle is loading. Any suggestions?

Answer
2/2/12 7:18 PM as a reply to amusingman.
Hi, here is an impressive list of possible causes of your problem http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#releasenotes/Java/Java104R6RN/ResolvedIssues/ResolvedIssues.html .
One possible candidate could Pop-up blocking.
Upgrading Java, Browser and OS could always help.

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.