toggle
Accumulated Log In Problems
Answer
11/4/11 2:39 PM
Hi
iMac with Safari 4.1.3
I don't know what happened, but now:
1. I now need to put www in front of griddlers.net
2. On top scores, the flags won't appear, nor the bottom scale of per cents.
3. iGridd [the 3X3 square] won't open - the operation times out.

I have emptied cache and removed history.
What now?
Thanks. BB

RE: Accumulated Log In Problems
Answer
11/5/11 7:18 AM as a reply to logiclover.
logiclover:
1. I now need to put www in front of griddlers.net

You need to have www. I don't know how you could use the site without it. Most of the pages don't work using only griddlers.net.

logiclover:
3. iGridd [the 3X3 square] won't open - the operation times out.

I don't understand 3x3. iGridd has Singles, Multis, Black and White, Color. Please explain.

Hagit

Answer
11/5/11 10:43 AM as a reply to hagitm.
iGridd is the application, modified Mar.22, 2011, whose icon is 3X3 squares of red, orange, yellow, green, blue and white. I'm not sure where I found your site's invite to download this. It is 120KB. Clicking "About iGridd" gives no info, not even a version.

The reason I went and searched for it, or read about in the forum, was that the menu choice iGridd / open iGridd Applet caused anguish because if I left it opened with a saved puzzle and put my iMac to sleep, the next time I woke up, after 6 seconds or so, entire Safari would quit. The iGridd app does not do this.

BB
Attachment

Attachments: iGridd Times Out.gif (6.6k)

Answer
11/5/11 10:53 AM as a reply to logiclover.
I am not a Mac user, but I am sure there is a way to uninstall and reinstall the applet. It should fix the problem.
Hagit

Answer
11/5/11 11:00 AM as a reply to logiclover.
OK Hagit, I'll try to find it again.

What about my #2 question = 2. On top scores, the flags won't appear

I just noticed another problem - when the home page opens it is fast, but the last item to load takes several seconds. It is the supposed picture in front of Happy Halloween under Site News. The page finally completes, but this "picture" is a small blue square with a ? inside, same as the flags in Top Solvers.

Thanks. BB

Answer
11/5/11 11:05 AM as a reply to logiclover.
Images shouldn't be broken. Home should load fast. But I don't know the answer yet.
Hagit

Answer
11/5/11 11:54 AM as a reply to hagitm.
I found that the iGridd app is under main menu / iGridd / Download Webstart.

I tried it and http://igridd.com/igridd.jnlp will not respond.

BB

Answer
11/5/11 6:05 PM as a reply to logiclover.
I also found that trying to go to menu / iGridd / Open iGridd Applet Safari will spin its colored wheel ad nauseum, and I have to do a force quit.
BB

Answer
11/5/11 7:29 PM as a reply to logiclover.
Hi
one of possible problems could be network settings for Java or any other Java configuration. Here is a nice tutorial how to configure Java plugin on MacOSX http://sniptools.com/mac-osx/making-java-work-in-browsers-on-mac-osx-lion .
Also follow the discussion under article, there are some useful suggestions - clear cache, upgrade java or try other browser.
If everything fail, please contact me on rasto@griddlers.net maybe I could help you thrugh Skype.

Needless to say that on my Mac OS X Lion it works normally in safari, firefox and webstart.

Ra100

Answer
11/7/11 1:11 PM as a reply to Ra100.
This to those who might want to know the solution.
I use Safari with OSX 10.4.11 - Tiger.

Thanks to Ra100 for steering me. Problem solved.
I looked at Java Preferences and re-ordered the two Java Runtime Settings.

The only thing different is that before, when I put a puzzle to Pause and then went back to it, I would have to click it to unpause. Now when I reopen it, the clock starts immediately.

Regards, logiclover

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.