« Back to General

Magnifying Clues Ruler

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Re: Magnifying Clues Ruler
Answer
12/28/03 8:14 AM as a reply to talanimal.
>The clues that apear in the side window are very usfull for solving big, multi color puzzles, but I have a problem with them, and I was wandering if anyone else experiances this problem and/or have an idea how to fix it.
>
>The problem is, that those clue lines don't refresh properly when I moved from one line to the other. For example if the line I am on says 12, 6, 3, and I move the mouse to a square that has the clues 1, 4, the hint line will become 12, 1, 4, instead of the 1, 4 that should be there. as if the line was not cleared when I changed the mouse position.
>
>Any thoughts? Anyone?
>
>Thanks for listening
>T.

My lines are okay, but refreshing slowly. Is it an intention to prevent headaches?

Answer
12/28/03 12:25 PM as a reply to talanimal.
>My lines are okay, but refreshing slowly. Is it an intention to prevent headaches?

Yes, there is delay of aprox 300 milisecs.

Bye Ra100

Answer
1/1/04 11:43 PM as a reply to talanimal.
I've noticed something else. When I change colors (by clicking on a number) the magnified clues line goes away (it seems to be only the column line not the row line). When I move the cursor it comes back. It is only a minor annoyance because it does come back.

For the first couple of puzzles I did, I didn't find this new feature helpful. Then I did the calm France picture that had a lot of little blocks of color and I found it very useful for that type of puzzle.

Thank you for your efforts.

Magnifying Clues Ruler
Answer
1/2/04 6:39 PM
The clues that apear in the side window are very usfull for solving big, multi color puzzles, but I have a problem with them, and I was wandering if anyone else experiances this problem and/or have an idea how to fix it.

The problem is, that those clue lines don't refresh properly when I moved from one line to the other. For example if the line I am on says 12, 6, 3, and I move the mouse to a square that has the clues 1, 4, the hint line will become 12, 1, 4, instead of the 1, 4 that should be there. as if the line was not cleared when I changed the mouse position.

Any thoughts? Anyone?

Thanks for listening
T.

Answer
1/2/04 6:39 PM as a reply to talanimal.
2 factors affect the MCR (Magnifying Clues Ruler)

1) The version of Java2. One version that Sun released didn't show graphic items well enough. A few days later Sun fixed the problem and released a new version. (1.4.2 and above)

2) The applet for solving is the same for all the puzzles. If you see the MCR in one puzzle, you should see it in all. However, low memory monitors may or may not show the MCR. Until you replace your monitor (smile) you can save memory resources by opening limited windows. Sometimes restarting the browser helps too. It clears the monitor memory.

Hagit

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.