« Back to General

Side looks strange using Google Chrome

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Hi,
since a few weeks I'm using Chrome as my standard browser. However, when I use this browser to open the griddlers main page I get a very odd looking web site (see attachment)

As you can see the word nederlands is visible (my native language) which is the standard language. when I click on Nederlands the home page is restored in a proper mode.

Do you know how I can use Chrome as a browser and still get the main page of the griddlers site first time right?

thanks in advance

Ruud
Attachment

Attachments: startscreen.jpg (221.2k)

RE: Side looks strange using Google Chrome
Answer
2/2/10 8:34 PM as a reply to troefboer.
Griddlers works excellent with Chrome. Look at the attachment to see the homepage looks. The small "illnesses" Chrome had with Java when Chrome was launched were resolved between those two companies. For us it means - solving works well too.

What you show is a corrupted CSS file. You need to clear cache and delete history. You can also try to get into the site from www.triddlers.com or www.igridd.com . That's a shortcut to cleaning cache/history.

Hagit
Attachment

Attachments: chrome.gif (44.3k)

Answer
2/3/10 9:43 AM as a reply to troefboer.
Sorry Hagith,
none of your solutions seems to work. I clearde the cache and history, even restarted the pc, but that didn't work. using the other links neither.

regards Ruud

Answer
6/4/10 6:11 PM as a reply to troefboer.
I have the same problems when I click on the ID of a puzzle to solve it. It looks like on the screenshot from the first post. I'm using Chrome since it was launched and never had a problem with this site. It started this week! The rest of the site looks good.

I hope some will tell me a solution, so I can use griddlers again. emoticon

Answer
6/9/10 11:30 AM as a reply to philipp.
Sorry for double posting, but I solved the problem for me.

It was an extension that should block advertisment (AdThwart). I deactivated it and now griddlers works again.

Answer
6/10/10 8:10 PM as a reply to philipp.
Thanks for letting us know how you solved this. There are just too many apps that involve each other...

Have fun solving,

Jelga

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.