« Back to General

Missing numbers in Griddlers: Themes

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Missing numbers in Griddlers: Themes
Answer
8/9/10 9:34 AM
Hi. When I go to the Themes section of Griddlers the numbers that tell me how many puzzles are left to solve are not there. It's a bit inconvenient because I use this feature all the time.
Thanks

RE: Missing numbers in Griddlers: Themes
Answer
8/9/10 9:59 AM as a reply to stienbabe.
Due to the website performance we had to remove the filter "only not solved" from the Themes, as it is in the common lists of griddlers/triddlers.

Hagit

Answer
8/9/10 12:13 PM as a reply to hagitm.
I'm really struggling to find any of the filter features I am used to having .. and everything seems very slow at the moment .. it's all gone 'strange' .. I thought the site was 'broken' so I hardly ploayed over the weekend .. and even then several times the site just stalled and I had to log out and log in again .. nothing looks the same as it did before ... I too use the 'themes' section for the majority of my solving .. so not having the 'only not solved' filter is particularly annoying .. and quite frankly the site is really awkward to use at the moment ... so I hope you can get it back to 'normal' asap ...please ...

Answer
8/9/10 12:38 PM as a reply to patootie.
Hi Patootie,

The filter had to be removed because the performance of the site was so bad. This filter is the heaviest there is, because has to select different puzzles for everyone. For this reason it has been removed from the main lists of puzzles a long time ago.

You can still use the filters, but you need to be subscribed to iGridd. It does cost some money, but all of it is invested in the site, to get the kind of hardware that is needed for a site like this.

Jelga
PS the site works fine for me right now. Maybe there was some effect of the change when you tried it earlier today.

Answer
8/9/10 2:00 PM as a reply to Jeltje.
I AM subscribed ... and I can't get the themes section to work properly .. if I try and find 'new' Griddlers is just gives me an empty section yet I know there should be at least 700 or so ... or at least there were before this dratted change was made .. please, please please, make it all go back how it was ... this new way it's just so muddled and NON user friendly ... I hate it ... :twisted:

Answer
8/10/10 9:48 AM as a reply to stienbabe.
stienbabe:
Hi. When I go to the Themes section of Griddlers the numbers that tell me how many puzzles are left to solve are not there. It's a bit inconvenient because I use this feature all the time.
Thanks

Numbers are back in Themes for subscribers. Since it's completely new and wasn't checked - you may find bugs. If so, please be clear when you describe the bug(s). e.g.: I click on this, select that, do such, and get *thus*.

Hagit

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.