« Back to All About You

What makes Griddlers griddle for you?

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
I'm very curious, as you all know, and I'm once again wondering about all of you. I know we unanimously LOVE the site and the puzzles. But what "makes" the site for you? What features do you love intensely?

Are you a "puzzler"? You do puzzles and leave and come just for the gaming of it all?

Are you a chatroom regular who enjoys the comraderie of getting to know other griddler-lovers from around the world?

Do you enjoy this forum and what we share in this space?

Are you hooked on "getting to the top" and have your heart set on making "THE LIST"?

Is this the outlet for your artistic imaginings? Do you spend most of your time here creating for us all?

Are you the eclectic sort who enjoys bits of everything?

Is messaging your thing?

What are the features that you tune into regularly and absolutely adore?

For me, I must admit to being the eclectic sort of user having done a bit of each and loving it all! In fact, there isn't enough time in the day to enjoy all of the features to their fullest as far as I'm concerned....but with a name like chefmomster, I suppose I at least need to stop long enough to cook for my family!!! (Perhaps fast food isn't as bad as they say? Hmmmm.......)

Write soon! I can't stand the suspense! Tell me what really turns you on!
) Chef

Re: What makes Griddlers griddle for you?
Answer
8/6/04 4:41 PM as a reply to chefmomster2.
Chef,

do you know what I love especially and the most about this site? - It's your new and amazing and funny ideas and messages in the forum ;) (and then reading the answers you get LOL).

Except for that I am much the same like you - I love doing puzzles, when I'm in the mood I create some. I love chatting with you and all the other users on Friday nights (I always look forward to Friday night!!!). I love getting messages and replying, I sometimes even send a message ) . I suppose I will never get to the top 50 on the list (certainly not in griddlers, but maybe in triddlers ... hmmmmmm - that is worth a thought or two LOL), so I don't choose griddlers according to points but according to my moods.
I usually don't have much time to do griddlers at work (who does?), so when I log in, I usually just check the news, forum and messages (if there are any). But in the evenings... )

Looking forward to other stories!!!

Dominika.

Answer
8/6/04 6:42 PM as a reply to chefmomster2.
>I'm very curious, as you all know, and I'm once again wondering about all of you. I know we unanimously LOVE the site and the puzzles. But what "makes" the site for you? What features do you love intensely?

I guess the thing I love about the site now is the abitiy to send and receive messages.
>
> Are you a "puzzler"? You do puzzles and leave and come just for the gaming of it all?

Yes
>
>Are you a chatroom regular who enjoys the comraderie of getting to know other griddler-lovers from around the world?

Yes
>
>Do you enjoy this forum and what we share in this space?

Most of the time.
>
>Are you hooked on "getting to the top" and have your heart set on making "THE LIST"?

I used to be, now I just solve the easier ones.
>
>Is this the outlet for your artistic imaginings? Do you spend most of your time here creating for us all?

Tried that and was a total failure. I appreciate those that have the talent to creat.
>
>Are you the eclectic sort who enjoys bits of everything?

Yes for the most part.
>
>Is messaging your thing?

To certain people. I like being able to get my message via my email.
>
>What are the features that you tune into regularly and absolutely adore?

Nothing inparticular any more.
>
>For me, I must admit to being the eclectic sort of user having done a bit of each and loving it all! In fact, there isn't enough time in the day to enjoy all of the features to their fullest as far as I'm concerned....but with a name like chefmomster, I suppose I at least need to stop long enough to cook for my family!!! (Perhaps fast food isn't as bad as they say? Hmmmm.......)
>
>Write soon! I can't stand the suspense! Tell me what really turns you on!
>) Chef

Answer
8/7/04 1:33 PM as a reply to chefmomster2.
At first of course, it were the puzzles that got me here. And kept me, I love the variety you can find here. Mostly I love to do the really hard ones, they are a real challenge. So the feature of sorting them on average time was a very good one for me. Of course I'd like to be in the top-puzzlers list, but I don't really spend enough time to make it there, I'm around 230 for quite some time now. I've been number one in this weeks topsolvers for one day, but that's about it.
When I solve griddlers out of a book I am seldom interested in the result, finishing it is the fun, the picture itself not (but thats as well because they are usually very messy by the time I'm finished. But here, the pictures are great and I love it when only in the end it becomes clear what the subject is.

When I had spent some time here, I started to read the forum and the news as well and I realised that this site is more than just a bunch of puzzles. There are changes here all the time and that made me curious about the people behind this site and I joined the chatroom and started to read the forum. Now that part of the site is just as important as the puzzles, I love it! It is so much fun to know that people all over the world are committed to make this site work. And the atmospere here is great as well, the way there is thought about the kiddlers, and now the themes, it just keeps on improving and not just technically.

And I especially love your topic's, chef, they make the forum fun! Go on, you're an important part of this site by now! (and fastfood isn't so bad, once in a while...)

Love, Jeltje

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.