All About You

What's Your Style?

Toggle
What's Your Style?
Answer
3/13/04 3:52 AM
Once again I'm feeling very curious! Can you describe how you use the site?

How often do you come to the site? Monthly? Weekly? Daily? Hourly? Addictively? )

How much time do you spend puzzling on the site? How about time spent Griddling on paper from puzzles you've printed?

Where do you Griddle? Home? Office? (When the boss isn't looking?) School? (When the teacher isn't looking or maybe even as part of your class?)

What do you like to do on the site? Chat? Forum? Just puzzles?

As for me, I'm hopelessly addicted! I visit dozens of times a day and sneak peaks from work when I'm there. I'm sure I'm on the site at least 1-2 hours a day and I spend another 1-2 hours or more Griddling on paper. I love all parts of this site especially the chat and forum because I've met some good friends through them.

Can you share your style?
Chef
0 (0 Votes)

Re: What's Your Style?
Answer
3/13/04 9:51 PM as a reply to Mary.
>Once again I'm feeling very curious! Can you describe how you use the site?
>
>How often do you come to the site? Monthly? Weekly? Daily? Hourly? Addictively? )
>
>How much time do you spend puzzling on the site? How about time spent Griddling on paper from puzzles you've printed?
>
>Where do you Griddle? Home? Office? (When the boss isn't looking?) School? (When the teacher isn't looking or maybe even as part of your class?)
>
>What do you like to do on the site? Chat? Forum? Just puzzles?

I discovered griddlers in januari I think, so only recently and I'm hopelesly addicted. It won't last I'm sure, but for the time being I spend at least an hour a day every day, in my spare time at home. At work is out of the question.

I started looking on the internet for japanese puzzles because I was bored with the paper one's, so I'm hardly ever doing any of those anymore. Since a couple of days I discovered the forum and today was my first time writing in.

Chat is not that easy for non-native-english-speakers I think, I haven't actually looked in, but normally a chat in a foreign language is to fast for me. I think I will start visiting as soon as I've solved more puzzles, but puzzling online is what makes it fun for me.

Greetz, Caro
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/13/04 10:53 PM as a reply to Mary.
>Chat is not that easy for non-native-english-speakers I think, I haven't actually looked in, but normally a chat in a foreign language is to fast for me. I think I will start visiting as soon as I've solved more puzzles, but puzzling online is what makes it fun for me.

That is definitely a problem, Caro, but I can tell you from experience that there are generally several people in the weekly meeting covering several different languages. And, one of the best things I've found about the site is that they're all remarkably patient and happy to help translate any time it's needed. I sure hope you'll give it a try.

Chef )
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/15/04 11:43 AM as a reply to Mary.
>How often do you come to the site? Monthly? Weekly? Daily? Hourly? Addictively? )

I visit the site everyday since I've joined (which is quite recent) and I am a hopeless addict. I've been known to stay logged in for a better part of the day at weekends (on occassion) and several hours after dinner (oh dear, I've got to get a life!)

>How much time do you spend puzzling on the site? How about time spent Griddling on paper from puzzles you've printed?

I spend several hours everyday solving puzzles on the site, sometimes more (much more). I don't really print out the puzzles because it is much easier on the computer. I would love to be able to solve every puzzle to date on the site and catch up to the new ones (I know, I'm either very ambitious or completely nuts!) but I will need to put in more hours to achieve that, so it's not going to happen very quickly.

>Where do you Griddle? Home? Office? (When the boss isn't looking?) School? (When the teacher isn't looking or maybe even as part of your class?)

I mostly griddle at home, but sometimes at work on the rare occassion when things are quiet.

I LOVE the puzzles, of course. I visit the forums to see what's happening. I haven't joined the chat properly yet, but I'm sure I will do in the future.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/15/04 5:47 PM as a reply to Mary.

Ha! Addictively, yes. I'm here almost every weekday (I don't have a good enough connection at home, plus I have too many other things to do when I'm there) from work. Shhhh, don't tell my boss! I work on puzzles in between phone calls and e-mail (and while I'm sitting on hold with the local phone company).

All the puzzles I do are here on-site. I never print out the puzzles to do. The only paper-and-pencil puzzles I work are the ones that my friend jhitchin sends me and the ones in GAMES magazine.

I check the forum (obviously). I never go into Chat, because I often don't have more than a minute or two free at a time, and I'd rather put that minute or two into solving. Plus, it doesn't seem to work with my version of Netscape.

Once in a while, I like to stop solving and create puzzles. )

-Llyra
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/15/04 6:14 PM as a reply to Mary.

Almost every day. I spend a lot of time on University, and usually there are no graphic computers, and when I come back, I'm too tired to do anything. But I find almost always a while to solve a puzzle. And since I am in top 300, I do as much as I can to keep being top 300.

On site - almost every enevning (2-3h). I always print a big, high-pointed puzzle and solve it during lectures. Or during free time. People say I am a freak because of griddlers, but there are several of my friends, that became addicted too.

Mostly at home, online. And in almost every auditorium I have lectures in ;)

I love "endless ways of selecting puzzles". And puzzles themselves. And I love finding people from Poland. Chat doesn't like me, so I don't like it too ;) I seldom use forum, but sometimes it happens. I love creating triddlers. I do not have any graphical talents, but sometimes I have an idea for a triddler. Only Validator gave me recently a very hard time - it solved a triddler for 26hours, and then I... closed the window...

And, of course, I *LOVE* Polish translation. But it's quite obvious...

powsinoga
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/15/04 6:42 PM as a reply to Mary.
>How often do you come to the site? Monthly? Weekly? Daily? Hourly? Addictively?

Addictively would be the closest word. I used to spend a lot of time on PBN and stayed in the top 5. This site is so much more fun, easy to use, and has more features. Hagit and her team have done so much to improve this site. It is amazing that they can take suggestions and turn them into reality so quickly.

Hours per day would be fairly accurate. Sometimes just 15 minutes while having a cup of coffee. Sometimes 2 hours at a time. I only print the puzzles to take them while traveling.

Just at home. I am retired and spend time between here and my woodshop.

I just do puzzles and once in a while I check the forum.

Ron Smith
Waterford, Michigan
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/16/04 7:47 PM as a reply to Mary.
Another fasinating subject, chef...

I come to the site every day. It takes up most of my internet time.
I can be here for hours if given the chance. luckily, other people use this computer, so I have some time left to do other things.

I griddle only at home. my computer at work has no internet conection. lucky for my work place and my job...

I usually solve on line. paper is harder and more time consuming. and mistakes are hard to correct.

I like griddlers, triddlers, creating (when I am inspired...), chatting, and I closely follow the forum. I also like the massage box. very usful. and the direct contact to the team.

On the chats I like to discuss anything, but I enjoy the most when we talk about ideas for the site.

Happy solving
T.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/17/04 5:08 PM as a reply to Mary.
>

Definitly addictively. No matter how much I tell myself that I'm not going to griddler today-- the first thing I do when I walk in the door at home (or work) is get into griddlers.

I spend probably about an hour on the site each day and about an hour or two solving the big puzzles on paper. I enjoy solving them on paper because you can take them with you anywhere.
>

I griddle anywhere and anytime I can.
>

I just started chatting a few weeks ago. It's a great way to meet the other griddlers. I really enjoy it, depending on the topic. I read the forum about once a week. And of course I enjoy the puzzles. Messages are fun to when you have a good friend to converse with.

Thanks Chef. I think you've done it again.
>
>
>As for me, I'm hopelessly addicted! I visit dozens of times a day and sneak peaks from work when I'm there. I'm sure I'm on the site at least 1-2 hours a day and I spend another 1-2 hours or more Griddling on paper. I love all parts of this site especially the chat and forum because I've met some good friends through them.
>
>
>Can you share your style?
>Chef
>
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/18/04 12:03 AM as a reply to Mary.
>
>
>
>

>Chef

I'm a stay at home mom who would visit this site everyday, in between chores and shuttling the kids around. I became addicted right from the start. I recently broke my ankle and have limited mobility. This site has SAVED MY SANITY!

Please, all artists please create more puzzles. I still have a hard time solving puzzles that are too big, even with the improvements, because my screen is small. And, since I'm being picky, I really like puzzles that are not just black and white.

As for the Forum and the Chat, I visit the forum on a regular basis but have never visited a chat. Maybe I will someday. Oh, and I never print out puzzles, they are so much more fun online.

Does anyone know of any other puzzle sites? I have found Puzzles at All-Star Puzzles, which is mainly word games, but I like it, and Jigzone, which is only jigsaw puzzles. If anyone knows of any other puzzle sites please let me know. I know about PBN but this site has spoiled me.

Thanks, Patricia
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
3/18/04 7:04 PM as a reply to Mary.
>

Daily and addictively!

>

Hours! I also print out the 2-color puzzles of height 35 and over. I take a clipboard of them with me to work on when I'm doing nothing else away from the computer.

I had surgery last week which involved an incision in my left side. This limits the time that I can solve problems online, because using my left arm puts strain on it ( But the clipboard really helped pass time in the hospital!
>

I'm retired, so I do it at home.
>
>

Mainly puzzles. With a dial-up connection, the forum is too slow to spend a lot of time on.
>
>
>Chef
>
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/10/04 11:24 PM as a reply to Mary.
Ok, let's revive this subject!
By now, griddles is my homepage, so I visit it daily. When I start solving a puzzle, I won't give up very easily, it is very addictvive. I look about once a day at the forum, to see what's happening an I love the chat at friday night.

I've stopped visiting griddles at the office, I didn't get any work done lately. So now it's the evenings and during the weekends (and fridays as well) that you'll find me here. How much time that is, I really don't want to know, it makes me wonder about the useful things I could have done in those hours....

Bye, Jelga

>
>
>
>
>
>
>As for me, I'm hopelessly addicted! I visit dozens of times a day and sneak peaks from work when I'm there. I'm sure I'm on the site at least 1-2 hours a day and I spend another 1-2 hours or more Griddling on paper. I love all parts of this site especially the chat and forum because I've met some good friends through them.
>
>
>Chef
>
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/11/04 8:46 AM as a reply to Mary.
I visit the site daily and addictively. Once I get home from work and find some dinner, I retire to my favorite chair with my laptop. I have been known to puzzle through the night and also to fall asleep in my chair in the middle of a puzzle. On weekends, I often find myself wasting away entire afternoons solving puzzles.

At home, all my solving is online. I have taken printed puzzles to work and school in the past, but graduation and a promotion stopped that habit.

I check the forums daily but otherwise stick to puzzles.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/14/04 8:49 PM as a reply to Mary.
Hello chef,
I am totally addicted. I spend sometimes 10 hours in a day--yes I have no life, but this site makes it bearable. I am an AOL and Pogo member but they have nothing close to this site. I used to spent $6 a weeks buying puzzle books.. now that I found this site...there is no need to buy books unless I am traveling. So I happily donated...and I hope you all do so that we don't lose it.

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Chef
>
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
9/14/04 8:52 PM as a reply to Mary.
kit, Pogo.com is a good game site, but you must pay $29 a year for it. I go there when I OD on Griddles!

>>Once again I'm feeling very curious! Can you describe how you use the site?
>>
>>How often do you come to the site? Monthly? Weekly? Daily? Hourly? Addictively? )
>>
>>How much time do you spend puzzling on the site? How about time spent Griddling on paper from puzzles you've printed?
>>
>>Where do you Griddle? Home? Office? (When the boss isn't looking?) School? (When the teacher isn't looking or maybe even as part of your class?)
>>
>>What do you like to do on the site? Chat? Forum? Just puzzles?
>
>>Chef
>
>I'm a stay at home mom who would visit this site everyday, in between chores and shuttling the kids around. I became addicted right from the start. I recently broke my ankle and have limited mobility. This site has SAVED MY SANITY!
>
>Please, all artists please create more puzzles. I still have a hard time solving puzzles that are too big, even with the improvements, because my screen is small. And, since I'm being picky, I really like puzzles that are not just black and white.
>
>As for the Forum and the Chat, I visit the forum on a regular basis but have never visited a chat. Maybe I will someday. Oh, and I never print out puzzles, they are so much more fun online.
>
>Does anyone know of any other puzzle sites? I have found Puzzles at All-Star Puzzles, which is mainly word games, but I like it, and Jigzone, which is only jigsaw puzzles. If anyone knows of any other puzzle sites please let me know. I know about PBN but this site has spoiled me.
>
>Thanks, Patricia
>
0 (0 Votes)

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.