RE: Griddlers - HOBBY or OBSESSION? er3 8/27/13 10:38 AM
RE: Griddlers - HOBBY or OBSESSION? space_im 8/28/13 11:57 PM
RE: Griddlers - HOBBY or OBSESSION? hclove 8/29/13 11:27 PM
RE: Griddlers - HOBBY or OBSESSION? athenamoon 9/1/13 11:28 PM
RE: Griddlers - HOBBY or OBSESSION? FHaepers 9/28/13 2:38 PM
Griddlers - HOBBY or OBSESSION?
Answer
11/17/04 10:38 PM
I am a student in high school, and I'm doing a project about Griddlers.
I'd like to know if Griddling is addicating. I'll be grateful if you answer my questions

(1) I like Griddlers (the website) because
a. Because of the puzzles (more then the community)
b. Because of the community - the forum and the Chat (more then the puzzles)
c. Both of them

(2) Write two of the activities below, that you do most in your free time
a. Meeting with your friends / family
b. Watching TV / Surfing in the internet
c. Solving Griddlers
d. Reading / Studying
e. Other

(3) If you have an access to the internet in your office / classroom - How often you find yourself solving a Griddler instead of doing your job?
a. Never
b. Sometimes
c. Many times

(4) How many times in the last month you missed something / was late for something because you were in the middle of solving a Griddler?

(5) How many times you find yourself thinking about Griddlers when you DON'T solve them?

Thank You Very Much,
Romya

Re: Griddlers - HOBBY or OBSESSION?
Answer
11/18/04 7:22 PM as a reply to rumjah2.
>(1) I like Griddlers (the website) because
b. Because of the community - the forum and the Chat (more
look at my score -) .

>(2) Write two of the activities below, that you do most in your free time
f. programming griddlers

>(3) If you have an access to the internet in your office / classroom - How often you find yourself solving a Griddler instead of doing your job?
c. Many times

>(4) How many times in the last month you missed something / was late for something because you were in the middle of solving a Griddler?

Today, before a meeting, I was busy solving griddlers and forgot the name of the person I had to meet.
Only once ( per minute )

Bye Ra100

Answer
11/18/04 9:58 PM as a reply to rumjah2.
c. Both of them (I love especially the Friday chats ))

c. Solving Griddlers
d. Reading

>(3) If you have an access to the internet in your office / classroom - How often you find yourself solving a Griddler instead of doing your job?
c. Many times (it happened today - again!!!)

> >(4) How many times in the last month you missed something / was late for something because you were in the middle of solving a Griddler?
Impossible task to do - it was sooooo many times ) (if you count that I missed my favourite TV programmes, too!!!)

>(5) How many times you find yourself thinking about Griddlers when you DON'T solve them?
Always when I don't griddle (LOL)

>Thank You Very Much,
You're most welcome!

Domi.

Answer
11/19/04 4:19 AM as a reply to rumjah2.
>I am a student in high school, and I'm doing a project about Griddlers.
>I'd like to know if Griddling is addicating. I'll be grateful if you answer my questions
>
> a. Because of the puzzles (more then the community) I like the community but I mainly come for the puzzles.

> c. Solving Griddlers
> e. Other - I have animals, 3 cats (two little kittens) and a dog. It's really hard concentrating on griddlers when the kittens are being absolutely hilarious. And walking my dog is one of my great pleasures.
>

This does not apply

>(4) How many times in the last month you missed something / was late for something because you were in the middle of solving a Griddler?

I am a stay at home Mom, but still have obligations. As much as I am addicted to Griddlers, I've never missed getting my kids to their events or picking them up because of Griddlers. Thank you team for the save feature!

>
>(5) How many times you find yourself thinking about Griddlers when you DON'T solve them?

I don't think about them when I'm awake, but believe it or not, I have dreamed about them.
>
>Thank You Very Much,
>Romya
>

Answer
11/19/04 4:31 AM as a reply to rumjah2.
c. Both of them

c. Solving Griddlers

(3) If you have an access to the internet in your office / classroom - How often you find yourself solving a Griddler instead of doing your job?
c. Many times
Shhh! Don't tell!

(4) How many times in the last month you missed something / was late for something because you were in the middle of solving a Griddler?
There are other things going on besides Griddlers? Hmmmm.......?
At least 3! Maybe 4. Possibly 6. More? Maybe!

How many times? Can't say. It's an ongoing rush of time!

But, I don't think I'm truly addicted. I can stay away. I really can. I know it. I'm sure, I think. Almost certain. Pretty sure. Hoping? *sigh*

) Chef

Answer
11/19/04 7:59 AM as a reply to rumjah2.

Not being much of a 'people person' I guess I say it is because of the puzzles.
>

Solving griddlers and working in my woodshop.
>

Does not apply. Retired
>

Does forgetting to pay the electric bill count? If so, once.
>

Frequently.
>
>Thank You Very Much,

Good luck with your project.

Answer
11/19/04 12:52 PM as a reply to rumjah2.

c. Both of them
I do come her because of the puzzles. If they weren't here the site would die. But without the chat, the forum, the people behind this site, it definitely wouldn't be so much fun!
>
c. Solving Griddlers
In summer sitting/working in my garden would be nr 1. But it's the wrong season right now...

> b. Sometimes
Not too often, mostly because my colleagues would notice. But everyday before I go home (and everybody else has left already) I do griddle a while! People always wonder why I'm working so late....

>
Don't think I really missed things, but I'm always late for things and the site does make it worse!

Usually when i'm at home, not too much on other occasions. And when i'm at home I walk to the computer and turn it on...

>Thank You Very Much,
>Romya
>

Answer
11/19/04 2:49 PM as a reply to rumjah2.
Hi Rumjah2,

Here are my answers to your questions. Good luck with your project.

d. Reading / Studying

a. Never. Actually I can't answer this question cause then I don't have
acces to the internet. But I know that I wouldn't solve a Griddler
because then I'm just too busy with my study .

I don't really miss anything. Sometimes I choose to do a Griddler instead of watching television, or I want to stay home to do a Griddler instead of going out. But if I have an appointment I make sure I quit with Griddlers on time.

(5) How many times you find yourself thinking about Griddlers when you DON'T solve them?

If I'm busy studying or at school or doing something with friends, then I don't think of Griddlers at all. When I have free time and I feel like doing a Griddler then I do think of it, but then I can put the pc on and make one. Sometimes when I spend a couple of hours on Griddlers in one day, then it will be in my head whole day/evening long..

Answer
11/19/04 4:29 PM as a reply to rumjah2.
Before I read any of the other comments -)
> c. Both of them

> d. Reading / Studying
> e. Other Making Griddlers

I don't have access there (just as well)

2 times

At least a few times a day.

Caro

Answer
11/20/04 7:59 AM as a reply to rumjah2.
My answers are

1. A - Because of the puzzles

2. C - Solving Griddlers and
E - Other (quilting)

3. B - Sometimes

4. If you count paper griddlers, about 5 times.

5. Never

Good luck on your project.

Susie

Answer
11/21/04 5:16 PM as a reply to rumjah2.
I enjoy doing these puzzles, I find it to be relaxing.

c. Solving Griddlers

c. Many times
Yes, I have learned to be quick with the "Alt & Tab" key combination to open a "work realted" window when I hear someone approach!!! LOL

If I had to give it a number I would say about 10.

Most of the time - I am truly obsessed. Someone please start GA (Griddlers Anonymous)! I need to learn how to handle my obssession!
Just kidding!! But seriously, I love them, I enjoy doing them and what is wrong with doing something you enjoy on your free time? Thanks to all the Griddlers.net team who bring us this great site!! And thanks to all the griddler authors for bringing us a whole spectrum of puzzles to solve!! I hope I didn't forget anyone!

Answer
11/21/04 6:56 PM as a reply to rumjah2.

c. Solving Griddlers
d. Reading / Studying

b. Sometimes

0, I don't like people showing up late, I don't do it either...

Frequently.

Good luck!
EAN

Answer
11/24/04 3:12 AM as a reply to rumjah2.

c. Solving Griddlers
d. Reading

b. Sometimes

Well, if you count going to bed then I'd say LOTS of times! Otherwise, never.

I find that most of the time when I'm somewhere and see some sort of simple picture on the wall or pattern on a skirt or something I think "Hey, that'd make a great griddler. I'd make the background blue and change the part in the middle...."

Answer
11/24/04 5:48 PM as a reply to rumjah2.
c. Both of them (I love the solving and the making of the puzzles, and
when I'm not working I love the friday chat)
c. Solving Griddlers (and making them)
d. Reading (every evening before going to sleep)
a. Never (I work in a bar and it would look a bit stupid to serve someone
a drink or food when I'm sitting behind a computer)
I don't think I really missed anything, except for a lot of sleep
All the time, everytime I see a picture on the net I like, I try to figure out if
it would make a nice griddler.

So the big question Hobby or obsession?? Definately hobsession for me!!!

Maarten

Answer
11/30/04 8:41 PM as a reply to rumjah2.
Hi Romya

Hope I'm not too late with my answers.

(1) Because of the puzzles (more then the community)

(2) Surfing in the internet (one webise in particular), Solving Griddlers,
Reading

(3) I'm a stay at home mum so not really relevant...BUT having said that, housework or griddlers? - tough decision with only one answer!!!!!

(4) Hmmmm, not sure that I've been late for anything specific recently, but in the past I have been known to rush down to the school in record time to pick the kids up from school. There's also a lot of things that get done "tomorrow" cos I'm in the middle of doing a griddler!

(5) Well my partner and I both do them, so Griddlers are talked about a lot in our house. Although we don't just talk about them, we've BOTH been known to dream them too!!!!

Soooooo, in my case..........OBSESSION!!!!!

Good luck with the project.

mebluetopaz

Answer
11/30/04 10:03 PM as a reply to rumjah2.
Hello,
My instictive answer was it is a hobby because of the puzzles...but I recently received a message from another griddler who has touched my life. She sent me a web site-- www.atthewell.com. I was so inspired by the site, my answer to your question is now I love this site because of the people who are here. Hagit has been a jewel as is chefmomster and others. And yes, I am obsessed, I am obsessed with the wonderful puzzles that help me to keep my mind off of my problems in life, I am obsessed with the wonderful people I have met here, I am obsessed with the fact these puzzles keep my "old" mind alert and keen. I used to watch a lot of mindless TV--now because of this site I rarely watch TV. I do listen while doing puzzles to talk radio--and I make sure I listen to all sides. Some night when you can't sleep listen to "Coast to Coast" radio. You will hear amazing things about this world.

In your paper you must first define the meaning of obsession. According to webster it is has 2 meanings, the first, a persisteng preoccupation with an idea or emotion, the second, an idea or emotion causing compulsive preoccupation. I confess to the first meaning.

Webster writes about the word history of hobby--"a person with a hobby was thought to pursue a favorite pastime or OBSESSION with a single minded zeal of a child riding a hobbyhorse". So how are you going to present hobby versus obsession when word history cannot distinquish between them? My suggestion is you first theorize on the concepts of hobby versus obsession since the 2 may be so intertwined it is impossible to separate them. To do a proper paper, you need to see what what the great philosophers say about the subject. Just taking a poll from people who do not understand themselves the difference is not the way to present a paper. Please do not fall into the "poll says"-- I have never been polled to ask what I think about anything--nor have any of my peers who are on the high end of the intellect chart.

Good luck with your research...but please think long and hard about what you are asking, and what the responses--that will make you a great person and not just another unthinking person.

>Hi Romya
>
>Hope I'm not too late with my answers.
>
>(1) Because of the puzzles (more then the community)
>
>(2) Surfing in the internet (one webise in particular), Solving Griddlers,
>Reading
>
>(3) I'm a stay at home mum so not really relevant...BUT having said that, housework or griddlers? - tough decision with only one answer!!!!!
>
>(4) Hmmmm, not sure that I've been late for anything specific recently, but in the past I have been known to rush down to the school in record time to pick the kids up from school. There's also a lot of things that get done "tomorrow" cos I'm in the middle of doing a griddler!
>
>(5) Well my partner and I both do them, so Griddlers are talked about a lot in our house. Although we don't just talk about them, we've BOTH been known to dream them too!!!!
>
>Soooooo, in my case..........OBSESSION!!!!!
>
>Good luck with the project.
>
>mebluetopaz

Answer
11/30/04 10:39 PM as a reply to rumjah2.
> In your paper you must first define the meaning of obsession.

We call it devotion.
There are many devoted people in Griddlers Solvers are devoted to solving, authors are devoted to creating, kiddlers_team are devoted to the kids, the translators are devoted to their language speaking people.

Hagit

P.S. Thank you for your words.

>Hello,
>My instictive answer was it is a hobby because of the puzzles...but I recently received a message from another griddler who has touched my life. She sent me a web site-- www.atthewell.com. I was so inspired by the site, my answer to your question is now I love this site because of the people who are here. Hagit has been a jewel as is chefmomster and others. And yes, I am obsessed, I am obsessed with the wonderful puzzles that help me to keep my mind off of my problems in life, I am obsessed with the wonderful people I have met here, I am obsessed with the fact these puzzles keep my "old" mind alert and keen. I used to watch a lot of mindless TV--now because of this site I rarely watch TV. I do listen while doing puzzles to talk radio--and I make sure I listen to all sides. Some night when you can't sleep listen to "Coast to Coast" radio. You will hear amazing things about this world.
>
>In your paper you must first define the meaning of obsession. According to webster it is has 2 meanings, the first, a persisteng preoccupation with an idea or emotion, the second, an idea or emotion causing compulsive preoccupation. I confess to the first meaning.
>
>Webster writes about the word history of hobby--"a person with a hobby was thought to pursue a favorite pastime or OBSESSION with a single minded zeal of a child riding a hobbyhorse". So how are you going to present hobby versus obsession when word history cannot distinquish between them? My suggestion is you first theorize on the concepts of hobby versus obsession since the 2 may be so intertwined it is impossible to separate them. To do a proper paper, you need to see what what the great philosophers say about the subject. Just taking a poll from people who do not understand themselves the difference is not the way to present a paper. Please do not fall into the "poll says"-- I have never been polled to ask what I think about anything--nor have any of my peers who are on the high end of the intellect chart.
>
>Good luck with your research...but please think long and hard about what you are asking, and what the responses--that will make you a great person and not just another unthinking person.

Answer
12/1/04 12:20 AM as a reply to rumjah2.
Hagit, that is a good word..we are not obsessed, it is not just a hobby, it is about devotion to something we all believe in. Thank you for all your contribution.

>> In your paper you must first define the meaning of obsession.
>
>We call it devotion.
>There are many devoted people in Griddlers Solvers are devoted to solving, authors are devoted to creating, kiddlers_team are devoted to the kids, the translators are devoted to their language speaking people.
>
>Hagit
>
>P.S. Thank you for your words.
>
>
>>Hello,
>>My instictive answer was it is a hobby because of the puzzles...but I recently received a message from another griddler who has touched my life. She sent me a web site-- www.atthewell.com. I was so inspired by the site, my answer to your question is now I love this site because of the people who are here. Hagit has been a jewel as is chefmomster and others. And yes, I am obsessed, I am obsessed with the wonderful puzzles that help me to keep my mind off of my problems in life, I am obsessed with the wonderful people I have met here, I am obsessed with the fact these puzzles keep my "old" mind alert and keen. I used to watch a lot of mindless TV--now because of this site I rarely watch TV. I do listen while doing puzzles to talk radio--and I make sure I listen to all sides. Some night when you can't sleep listen to "Coast to Coast" radio. You will hear amazing things about this world.
>>
>>In your paper you must first define the meaning of obsession. According to webster it is has 2 meanings, the first, a persisteng preoccupation with an idea or emotion, the second, an idea or emotion causing compulsive preoccupation. I confess to the first meaning.
>>
>>Webster writes about the word history of hobby--"a person with a hobby was thought to pursue a favorite pastime or OBSESSION with a single minded zeal of a child riding a hobbyhorse". So how are you going to present hobby versus obsession when word history cannot distinquish between them? My suggestion is you first theorize on the concepts of hobby versus obsession since the 2 may be so intertwined it is impossible to separate them. To do a proper paper, you need to see what what the great philosophers say about the subject. Just taking a poll from people who do not understand themselves the difference is not the way to present a paper. Please do not fall into the "poll says"-- I have never been polled to ask what I think about anything--nor have any of my peers who are on the high end of the intellect chart.
>>
>>Good luck with your research...but please think long and hard about what you are asking, and what the responses--that will make you a great person and not just another unthinking person.
>

Answer
12/3/04 12:33 PM as a reply to rumjah2.
>> In your paper you must first define the meaning of obsession.
>
>We call it devotion.
>There are many devoted people in Griddlers Solvers are devoted to solving, authors are devoted to creating, kiddlers_team are devoted to the kids, the translators are devoted to their language speaking people.

You are forgetting the most important people of all the griddlers team. With your endless patience, your wonderful ideas and the execution of those ideas you are in my opinion the ones who are most devoted to this site. I have said it before, and will probably say it a lot of times more, but Hagit and the rest of your team THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

Maarten

Answer
12/4/04 1:33 AM as a reply to rumjah2.

c. Solving Griddlers

a. Never

Not very much

Answer
12/9/04 9:38 AM as a reply to rumjah2.
>I am a student in high school, and I'm doing a project about Griddlers.
>I'd like to know if Griddling is addicating. I'll be grateful if you answer my questions
>

> a. Because of the puzzles (more then the community)
> - although I do like reading the forum, and I think the players' map is a great addition. I suppose I like the fact that the community exists even though I don't participate in it much.
>
> c. Solving Griddlers
> e. Other
>

> a. Never
> - but I sometimes work from home, and then I'm afraid it often happens.

- never (thanks to the 'save' facility), but I've often spent time on the site instead of doing something else that I was supposed to be doing.

- I don't think about solving them, but I often think about pictures that would make good puzzles. And recently I've been having really weird dreams about them!

Mitzi
>
>>

Answer
12/9/04 10:38 PM as a reply to rumjah2.
> a. Because of the puzzles (more then the community)
>
> a. Meeting with your friends / family
> c. Solving and making Triddlers
>
>(3) If you have an access to the internet in your office / classroom - How often you find yourself solving a Triddler instead of doing your job?
> a. Never
>
>(4) How many times in the last month you missed something / was late for something because you were in the middle of solving a Triddler?
>maybe once or twice
>(5) How many times you find yourself thinking about Triddlers when you DON'T solve them?
>never about solving but nearly always I have a part of my mind busy with looking at the world as if I could make a Triddler out of what I see>>

Succes!

Fineke

Answer
12/14/04 5:43 PM as a reply to rumjah2.
First of all, Hi I'me from Holland.

(1) I love the puzzles, but I'm new in this forum

(2) Solving Griddlers and spend time with my dogs.

(3) Sometimes

(4) Almost every week once or twice

(5) Everytime, even when I'm in bed

emoticon

RE: Griddlers - HOBBY or OBSESSION?
Answer
8/10/13 4:41 PM as a reply to rumjah2.
1. a
2. a, e
3. b
4. never
5. never

Answer
8/10/13 7:50 PM as a reply to rumjah2.
1. a
2. a, c
3. a
4. never
5. sometimes

Answer
8/12/13 9:22 AM as a reply to rumjah2.
Hello
1) I like Griddlers because
a . Because of the puzzles

2) Write two of the activities below, that you do most in your free time
a. Meeting with friends / family

3) If you have an access to the internet in your office. How often you find yourself solving a Griddler instead of doing you job ?
a. Never

4) How many times in the last month you missed something because you were in the middle of solving a Griddler ?Never

5) How many times you find yourself thinking about Griddlers when you don't solve them ?
Never

Answer
8/12/13 5:13 PM as a reply to rumjah2.

c. Solving Griddlers
e. Other

(3)
If you have an access to the internet in your office / classroom - How
often you find yourself solving a Griddler instead of doing your job?
b. Sometimes

(4)
How many times in the last month you missed something / was late for
something because you were in the middle of solving a Griddler?
Too many to count

All the time

Answer
8/24/13 2:55 AM as a reply to rumjah2.
b. Because of the community - the forum and the Chat (more then the puzzles)
c. Both of them

c. Solving Griddlers
d. Reading / Studying
e. Other

(3)
If you have an access to the internet in your office / classroom - How
often you find yourself solving a Griddler instead of doing your job?
a. Never
b. Sometimes
c. Many times

(4)
How many times in the last month you missed something / was late for
something because you were in the middle of solving a Griddler?
Never

Never consciously, though sometimes when I close my eyes I can see those little squares...

Answer
8/24/13 7:59 PM as a reply to rumjah2.
1a just the puzzles.
2d reading
3a never.
4 never
5 hardly ever emoticon 

Answer
8/24/13 8:34 PM as a reply to rumjah2.

c. Solving Griddlers
e. other

a. Never

never

If it’s a multigriddler I can think about during the day

Answer
8/25/13 8:03 PM as a reply to made1on.
Just hobby. I like to solve some puzzle in my free time.

Answer
8/27/13 10:38 AM as a reply to rumjah2.

c. Solving Griddlers
e. Other - Work and study

(3) If you have an access to the internet in your office/classroom - How often you find yourself solving a Griddler instead of doing your job?
a. Never - I solve Griddlers just at home.

(4) How many times in the last month you missed something/was late for something because you were in the middle of solving a Griddler?
Usually I'm not late or miss things that I set - For this there is the "Pause" option (:
But, sometimes I find myself reject things because solving puzzles.
Like everything in life - doing one thing is instead of something else.

Infrequently.
Possible during a difficult Griddler solving that takes a long time/a few days.
For example, during a Multi-Griddle solving to achieve the level of 5 stars.

In summary, Say briefly that Griddlers is a Hobby with a touch of Obsession...

Answer
8/28/13 11:57 PM as a reply to rumjah2.
1a
2b
3a
4 never
5 too often haha

Answer
8/29/13 11:27 PM as a reply to rumjah2.
I like Griddlers for the puzzles (1--a).  In my free time I tend to read books (2--d).  Sometimes I do Griddlers at work to give myself a mental break (3--b).  I have never been late because I was working on a Griddler.  Occasionally I think about Griddlers when I'm not solving one.  I have become a more dedicated Griddler since the star system was introduced.  I really enjoy having the challenge of doing different types of puzzles outside my usual Griddles and Triddlers--I did not think I would like some of the NLPs but was pleasantly surprised!

Answer
9/1/13 11:28 PM as a reply to rumjah2.
a. Because of the puzzles

c. Solving Griddlers
d. Reading

(3) Dont have job or do i go to school

Sometimes

always

Answer
9/28/13 2:38 PM as a reply to rumjah2.
[quote=(1) I like Griddlers (the website) because] a. Because of the puzzles (more then the community) (2) Write two of the activities below, that you do most in your free time a. Meeting with your friends / family b. Watching TV / Surfing in the internet (3) If you have an access to the internet in your office / classroom - How often you find yourself solving a Griddler instead of doing your job? c. Many times (4) How many times in the last month you missed something / was late for something because you were in the middle of solving a Griddler? 3 times (5) How many times you find yourself thinking about Griddlers when you DON'T solve them? sometimes [/quote]

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.