« Back to All About You

Found my way back to Griddlers !

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Found my way back to Griddlers !
Answer
2/21/10 12:37 PM
About three years ago ... I dropped off the Griddlers planet .. seemingly never to return .. :roll:

A number of calamities had occured .. just to run through the main ones in brief ... !

I developed acute Pancreatitis spent a month in hospital (1st week in a coma) .. went home for 1 week (mostly spent in bed) then was rushed back in hospital again for another month .. finally had my gall bladder successfully removed .. they found 121 gallstones ranging from tiny grit to 2mm in size .. some of which had blocked my pancreas and I was told I was lucky to be alive .. I'd even been in intensive care for a while .. but all I remember of that time was the blissful pain relief of the auto morphine pump :shock:

When I came home after the second spell in hospital I found in the last emergency dash to hospital my desk top computer had been left on ... and a virus had pretty much wiped a lot of the hard drive ... :x

I gave up trying to rescue the computer and decided to buy a laptop to make my life a bit easier .. of course I had lost all my fav's .. and the two months in hospital had pretty much 'wiped' my brain too ... so most of my fav's and regular web sites got 'lost' in the murky depths of both a computer and a brain crash emoticon

Then I moved from my very rural home 18 months ago.. into a lovely sheltered housing flat near to town ... I moved mainly because it had become too arduous for me to stay in my own home .. after the acute pancreatitis I've been more than a bit 'fragile' with my disabilities flaring and causing me aggro.

Then a few days ago I suddenly remembered ... GRIDDLERS .... yahooooo ... boy ohh boy .. I'd forgotten how much fun Griddling is .. was amazed to find I was still showing in the 'top' lists ... loving seeing all the regular names again ... I feel like I have come back home again ... hehehe

RE: Found my way back to Griddlers !
Answer
2/21/10 11:35 PM as a reply to patootie.
Welcome back home! It's great to see you here again.
Hope life will be nicer for you.:sunny:

Hagit

Answer
2/22/10 11:44 AM as a reply to hagitm.
Thank you Hagit,

It's all coming back to me now .. starting a multi part Griddler late in the evening and thinking .. 'I'll do just one more section before bed' ... then looking up to find it's 3-4am .. hahahaha ...

And no other kind of mental puzzle gives me such a sense of 'inner calm' .. or 'ordered thinking' .. emoticon

Now .. where was I ... ohh yes ... I'll just do a 'few' more sections of that multi Griddler I started last night emoticon

Answer
2/26/10 4:23 PM as a reply to patootie.
Pheweeee ... 1,000+ Griddlers done and dusted .. some big, a lot small or medium .. some multi's some singles ... some coloured some black and white .. that's 'some' going in just a few days .. hahaha ...

Answer
2/27/10 4:49 AM as a reply to patootie.
Welcome home patootie! Sorry about all the physical problems, and sorry I haven't solved your griddler yet. But I will!

Hey, make some more griddlers!

Answer
2/27/10 11:36 AM as a reply to mudshark.
mudshark:
Welcome home patootie! Sorry about all the physical problems, and sorry I haven't solved your griddler yet. But I will!

Hey, make some more griddlers!

Thank you for your kind words .. emoticon

:oops: no worries about my Griddler .. I haven't done it myself yet .. I copied it directly from the embroidery and rather stupidly never thought to keep a copy of grid before I submitted it .. it's a flippin' cracker of a puzzle .. I know what it should look like and I still can't complete it ... :oops:

Answer
2/27/10 10:58 PM as a reply to patootie.
So glad to see you back, patootie... at the rate your solving you'll back in the top 10 in no time emoticon
Wishing you Happy solving, and no more sicknesses.
Michaela

Answer
2/28/10 3:36 PM as a reply to MichaelaBender.
Thank you MichaelaBender !

I can't believe that after taking at least a couple of years away I am still as high up in the 'Top' lists as I am .. but the lists aren't the be all and end all of course .. it's actually the fun of finally completing a tricky Griddler or a seeing beautiful picture emerge that counts .. sometimes I feel as if I am actually 'painting' a picture rather than filling in squares .. especially some of the stunning colour Griddlers !

I shall never be completely free of illness .. having Fibromyalgia Syndrome generally means pain and fatigue daily .. I can best describe a 'bad episode' of 'fibro' as feeling like having influenza, a severe hangover and being 'beaten up' all at the same time .. but surprisingly you 'kind of' get used to feeling lousy daily .. :roll: .. 'good' days are the feeling of being 'in recovery' from influenza .. a few hours after the worst of a hangover .. and only being 'slapped around' a little .. emoticon

If anyone is interested in reading more about fibro .. or has fibro .. this is an excellent web site .. www.fibrohugs.org .. you can find all 63 main Fibromyalgia Syndrome symptoms listed here too .. (at present being updated after a major site crash) ... or I can list them or send them to anyone if there's interest.

I also have Severe Degenerative Osteo-Arthritis, Chronic Asthma and a heart murmur .. so if one of my illnesses doesn't make me feel lousy daily.. one of the others will be sure to take it's place hahahahahah !!! It's a real doozy of a day when they all flare together .. :?

NB Fibrohugs is a very safe site, no pop ups, no nasty things stored into your computer and you don't have to register to read the info .. I will never knowingly give 'bad' website URL's

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.