Chat and G-Match/T-Match

Suggestions and requests for the 6th G-Match Tournament

Toggle
Suggestions and requests for the 6th G-Match Tournament Hagit Maor 7/4/08 6:41 PM
RE: Suggestions and requests for the 6th G-Match Tournament ACW 7/4/08 8:29 PM
RE: Suggestions and requests for the 6th G-Match Tournament Liz Bird 7/4/08 10:09 PM
RE: Suggestions and requests for the 6th G-Match Tournament anna_black 7/4/08 11:10 PM
RE: Suggestions and requests for the 6th G-Match Tournament Marla Bohnhoff 7/5/08 12:54 AM
RE: Suggestions and requests for the 6th G-Match Tournament Jessica Soelter 7/5/08 12:57 AM
RE: Suggestions and requests for the 6th G-Match Tournament xitvono 7/5/08 1:55 AM
RE: Suggestions and requests for the 6th G-Match Tournament Jeanette 7/5/08 2:29 AM
RE: Suggestions and requests for the 6th G-Match Tournament Corinna 7/5/08 2:44 AM
RE: Suggestions and requests for the 6th G-Match Tournament Nicki Nebbs 7/5/08 6:05 AM
RE: Suggestions and requests for the 6th G-Match Tournament Olga Perhaj 7/5/08 6:41 AM
RE: Suggestions and requests for the 6th G-Match Tournament Rob H 7/5/08 7:18 AM
RE: Suggestions and requests for the 6th G-Match Tournament Terry Lee Mitchell 7/5/08 11:30 AM
RE: Suggestions and requests for the 6th G-Match Tournament Phil Taylor 7/5/08 11:45 AM
RE: Suggestions and requests for the 6th G-Match Tournament ACW 7/5/08 2:32 PM
RE: Suggestions and requests for the 6th G-Match Tournament Naomi 7/5/08 2:42 PM
RE: Suggestions and requests for the 6th G-Match Tournament Cheryl Hutton 7/5/08 6:30 PM
RE: Suggestions and requests for the 6th G-Match Tournament Robin Burns 7/5/08 7:35 PM
RE: Suggestions and requests for the 6th G-Match Tournament Diane Cormier Cormier Roebuck 7/5/08 7:56 PM
RE: Suggestions and requests for the 6th G-Match Tournament Alex Denton 7/5/08 10:32 PM
RE: Suggestions and requests for the 6th G-Match Tournament carol hipple 7/6/08 2:34 AM
RE: Suggestions and requests for the 6th G-Match Tournament flim 7/6/08 9:07 PM
RE: Suggestions and requests for the 6th G-Match Tournament Jaenelle 7/6/08 9:30 PM
RE: Suggestions and requests for the 6th G-Match Tournament Johanna 7/6/08 11:37 PM
RE: Suggestions and requests for the 6th G-Match Tournament Susan Bolam 7/7/08 1:08 AM
RE: Suggestions and requests for the 6th G-Match Tournament Brenda 7/7/08 5:22 PM
RE: Suggestions and requests for the 6th G-Match Tournament Melissa 7/7/08 11:34 PM
RE: Suggestions and requests for the 6th G-Match Tournament Anke Wallerer 7/10/08 11:58 PM
RE: Suggestions and requests for the 6th G-Match Tournament Hagit Maor 7/11/08 5:44 PM
RE: Suggestions and requests for the 6th G-Match Tournament Anke Wallerer 7/12/08 12:51 AM
RE: Suggestions and requests for the 6th G-Match Tournament Hagit Maor 7/12/08 8:21 PM
RE: Suggestions and requests for the 6th G-Match Tournament Hagit Maor 7/12/08 8:37 PM
RE: Suggestions and requests for the 6th G-Match Tournament Hagit Maor 7/13/08 3:00 PM
RE: Suggestions and requests for the 6th G-Match Tournament flim 7/12/08 12:21 PM
RE: Suggestions and requests for the 6th G-Match Tournament flim 7/12/08 6:09 PM
RE: Suggestions and requests for the 6th G-Match Tournament Hagit Maor 7/12/08 8:18 PM
After every tournament we ask the users if they have special requests or new ideas for the next G-Match.

Do you want to continue having the match as is?
24 rounds, every hour of the day?
Saturdays seem to be the best day for everyone, should we continue to do the matches on Saturdays?

Do you want to have 8-10 puzzles per match?
Should the puzzles be released every 5 minutes? In groups (3 groups of 3-4 puzzles)? All together?
Did you like the mini-marathons? Do you want to have more/less of them?
How about a 24-hour marathon? One round? Two rounds?

Puzzles - should we keep the same difficulty?
More/less triangles? We never have a consent about that issue.

Please express your ideas and thoughts in this thread. If you want to keep the match the same way it used to be - please let us know as well.

When do you want to start the next G-match?
We can start the 6th tournament in 2 weeks - July 19th.

However, some users were concerned about the Olympic Games. Should we wait and schedule the first G-Match to be after the Olympics? The Games end on August 24th. The next Saturday is August 30th - Griddlers Meeting in The Netherlands. We won't have a G-Match on that important day! So, the next available Saturday is - September 6th.

Please tell us which date is better for you: July 19th or September 6th.

See you! :-)
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Suggestions and requests for the 6th G-Match Tournament
Answer
7/4/08 8:29 PM as a reply to Hagit Maor.
I'd keep the times EXACTLY as they were in the 5th G-Match.

Should the puzzles be released every 5 minutes? In groups (3 groups of 3-4 puzzles)? All together?
How about a variety?

Same difficulty or easier.

FEWER TRIANGLES PLEASE!

I vote for starting September 6.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/4/08 10:09 PM as a reply to Hagit Maor.
6th September for the new match.

Less triangles and not too many mini marathons.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/4/08 11:10 PM as a reply to Hagit Maor.
My thoughts:
- Definitely Saturdays, for 24 weeks, as was now.
- Puzzles in groups vs. one at a time - a mix of both.
- Same difficulty of puzzles (although the last few on the final marathon were a bit too time consuming, in my opinion. They weren't hard, but took a lot of time...)
- A bit less tirangles, though it was actually fine, I think, as it was.
- Since I'm going to be without internet (probably) for a month and a half in September-October, the start time doesn't really matter to me - I'll miss the same amount of matches anyway emoticon

All in all, the G-Match was absolutely great, so I'm really waiting for another one!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/5/08 12:54 AM as a reply to Hagit Maor.
I think the difficulty level is good.
I liked having the multi-griddlers.

I vote for starting in September.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/5/08 12:57 AM as a reply to Hagit Maor.
The only suggestion/request I have is that we do not have a certain period of time to start it. I think you do it completely fair with time zones...starting each match at a different hour every time. But, when it is at 3a.m. "my time", I don't wake up just to do it. I love doing these and wish that I would be able to compete for the best time whether I take it the day of the match at 5 p.m. or midnight....make it a match that is open for scorers for 24 hours. Thanks for asking your fans!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/5/08 1:55 AM as a reply to Hagit Maor.
I prefer to have it as soon as possible, so I vote July 19.
I think I will leave it to your discretion how to release the puzzles, but perhaps some variety is good, so not every week should be the same. I also would like to see some harder puzzles in G-match. Aside from a few medium sized black+while, I think most of them were kinda easy and didn't require much thinking.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/5/08 2:29 AM as a reply to Hagit Maor.
We don't want to wait til September. I prefer less triangles and released one at a time although the small multis were fun.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/5/08 2:44 AM as a reply to Hagit Maor.
Firstly I'd like to say that I love the G Matches.

The 24 hour times are great for those of us not on US or European time as we also have a chance to win points. Saturdays are good, but could we have some more notice as to the time of the next match. This would ensure that our limited social lives are not affected by G Matches.

The number and difficulty of puzzles is good, as are triangles. The release intervals and marathons provide variety.

I don't care when the matches start again, but what about a compromise? Start now and break for the Olympics.

Corinna.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/5/08 6:05 AM as a reply to Hagit Maor.
I like the idea of starting 19th July, it's a long time until September. Some weeks released in groups and some weeks released in singles is good. Personally I don't like triangles but when they are just in the smaller ones I can't see a problem. Definitely keep to the 24 hours on a Saturday to suit the whole world ( though I might miss the 3.00 am start). Maybe just keep the marathon for the last round.
But mostly whatever is decided - thanks for organising it.

Nicki
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/5/08 6:41 AM as a reply to Nicki Nebbs.
I vote for September 6th.

Everything else is fine to me.

Olga
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/5/08 7:18 AM as a reply to Hagit Maor.

I vote for continuing it as it is, 24 rounds, a different hour of the day each round. That's fairest for everyone.

Saturdays seem to be the best day for everyone, should we continue to do the matches on Saturdays?

Keep it on Saturdays. Since Saturdays have proven to be so popular, could you expand the scoring list to at least 200 players? It's getting so that if you don't make it to the match these days, you won't get a score for that round. In the early tournaments, it was possible to still get a score if you came to the table up to 6 hours late.

Doesn't matter how many puzzles, as long as they all stay on the list until the next round/match in case I can't make it to a round. (I still like doing them anyway, even if I don't get the G-Match points.)

I don't really have a preference either way. Keep the multis coming, though. That was nice having those. Maybe you could start including some small Triddlers, too (maybe one each round).

No more marathons, mini or otherwise. IMHO, having mini or full marathons skews the standings in favour of those who can make the most marathon rounds.

It's a G-Match. The puzzles should be doable in the time it takes until the next puzzle/batch of puzzles is released. There were a few puzzles in this last tournament that I found to be more difficult than that. I don't mind a few triangles in a puzzle, as long as it's kept within reason. Too many triangles just gets confusing.

I'd like to be able to enjoy the Olympics without worrying about a G-Match. Also, I have a vacation scheduled for the last week in August and first week in September, so starting the match on Sept. 6 will mean that I'll only miss one round, not two.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/5/08 11:30 AM as a reply to Hagit Maor.
Saturdays are great and seems to be the popular choice.
I like 10 puzzles per match, released in groups of three or four. This way solvers can go back and forth into chat.
I'm not in a position right now to enjoy the mini-marathons. There are too many puzzles for me to be at the computer that long.
Some triangles are fine - about the same amount as in the past.
The same difficulty is fine, too.
I think we should take July and August off as far as the tournament is concerned. We should continue the chat, though, so we could stay up on everyone's doings.
Of course, with all that said, the majority rules emoticon
Terry
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/5/08 11:45 AM as a reply to Hagit Maor.
Why not have some one off matches for next couple of months, the start a tournament in September?
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/5/08 2:32 PM as a reply to Phil Taylor.
pt108271:
Why not have some one off matches for next couple of months, the start a tournament in September?
I LIKE this idea. I also like expanding the scoring list to 200 people.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/5/08 2:42 PM as a reply to Phil Taylor.
This is a very good idea -- there could be some mini marathons in the time between now and Sept that don't count towards the next Gmatch. It would be a compromise for the people who don't want them in the actual Gmatch
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/5/08 6:30 PM as a reply to Hagit Maor.
I vote september please.

Saturdays are good.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/5/08 7:35 PM as a reply to Hagit Maor.
I like the difficulty level as they have been released, but don't enjoy the multis much. Rather see a whole image as each puzzle is completed.

The only fair way to include everyone around the world is to stagger times over the 24 hours as it has been. Any international competition will be held at odd times compared to other time zones (check the schedules for the Olympics vs your local time!). Part of the challenge of meeting the tournament requirements is being able to participate at the scheduled time, so I'm all in favor of keeping it as is.

A 24 hour marathon would be a kick! I enjoyed the mini-marathons, but maybe they could be a separate variety of competition. Maybe we need a separate type of tournament that only involves time to complete for standings, without regard to time begun within a 24 hour parameter. Especially as more folks join in.

September would be a good time to begin a new long tournament, after everyone settles in from vacation. But competitions will be missed-maybe some short ones over the summer?

Fantastic job on the part of all the authors. Some very talented people out there!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/5/08 7:56 PM as a reply to Hagit Maor.
I like the matches as is with different times around the clock, and I also prefer Saturday's. I think 10 puzzles is good as long as they're not too simple. I think the 5x5s are good for warming up, but I don't like more than 1 of these per match. I like the release schedule as is.

I'm not fond of the marathons, mini or not. I think an hour time frame is a good one. It doesn't matter to me how the puzzles are spaced out over the hour.

I don't mind triagles as long as there aren't too many, and especially the with same two colors going in different directions.

I prefer September to start the next one.

How difficult would it be to post the top 10 or 20 in points for that week? I think this would nicely supplement the 24-week totals and let people who can't participate regularly earn a visible place.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/5/08 10:32 PM as a reply to Hagit Maor.
I agree with ACM. Less triangles makes it easier, and less black-and-white puzzles.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/6/08 2:34 AM as a reply to Hagit Maor.
First I would like to say thank , thank you, thank you to everyone for such an awesome site. I am really impressed by it.

I would like to see the matches resume in September. That would give my husband a little bit of a break from me saying "I have a G-match today". emoticon

I also like the idea of having a top 200. There are a lot more people entering and it would give some a chance to actually get points who otherwise get excluded. I know I had to miss several matches or come late because of work.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/6/08 9:07 PM as a reply to Hagit Maor.
yes
yes
yes
whatever
no, less
no 24-hour marathon
yes
less
September 6th
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/6/08 9:30 PM as a reply to Hagit Maor.
24 rounds, every hour of the day, Saturday

I liked the mini-marathon, but no 24-hours, please.

Same difficulty, don't mind the triangles, but no triddlers. And I liked the mini-multis. Maybe our authors can make them regularly, not only for a G-match? emoticon

I'm not interested in the Olympics, so there is no favorite date for me. During a vacation in September I will miss 3 matches in any case.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/6/08 11:37 PM as a reply to Hagit Maor.
I liked the variation of rounds in last G-match very much. Some rounds with all puzzles at once, some with one puzzle a time, and some with puzzles released in groups.
I should very much like another G-match like that, 8-10 puzzles a round.

For finals I think a mini-marathon is fine. On condition though that as many as possible have time to participate. Maybe as said above, one marathon could be held as a separate event.

I think triangles are ok, even though I'm not that fond of them. They too make a match varied, and I think I would miss them if there weren't any.

As for matchday: Saturday is fine, and a 24 hour tournament is part of the fun (and crazyness emoticon ).

New G-Match: July or September, both are ok to me, so is August. I will not be able to participate in all rounds whenever it starts, but as many as I can!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/7/08 1:08 AM as a reply to Hagit Maor.
First - Many thanks to Hagitm and the others that help her run this site and the tournaments. I've become quite addicted.

I've participate in several of the past 5 tournaments and have to say I like the timing of this one the best. I'm not fond of the triangles, but I think they add a challenge. I loved the mini tournaments, but agree they were quite time consuming. Since I'm in the US and we are in the midst of summer, I say start in September. I had to miss 3 out of the last 4 weeks and dropped 20 places because we were on weekend travels.

Thanks
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/7/08 5:22 PM as a reply to Hagit Maor.
I think the next G-Match tournament should start on September 6th. Everyone should be finished summer holidays, otherwise the matches are fine.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/7/08 11:34 PM as a reply to Brenda.
I have to start with a big thanks to the team too for the work that goes into G-Match - I really enjoy it, and the chatter between puzzles.

I think the Saturday has worked well this time, and the 24-hour range is the fairest way to go.

I'm not a big fan of triangles, but happy for there to be some. Other than that, I'm happy with whatever comes and really like the variety (the mini-multis were a fun addition this time).

Melissa emoticon
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/10/08 11:58 PM as a reply to Hagit Maor.
This was the first tournament I took part and I LOVED IT SO MUCH !!!
Many thanks to the organizers and authors to make these events possible!

I vote to continue the matches on Saturdays, every hour of the day. I think this gives people worldwide the best chances.

No. of puzzles: 8-10 are good, maybe 12, if they are really easy. But don't put the level too low - playing in a tournament should be a challenge anyhow.

I really like the great variety of different releases! We had everything from all together over groups to one by one. I liked waiting for the next announcement to see what it'll would be this time. - Keep it like that!

The mixture of coloured and b/w puzzles is ok.

I don't favourite triangles. I like a few of them in a puzzle, but not too much. When the list pops up not only with numbers, but also with letters up to "n" or "o" it simply overwhelms me. Finding the right triangle to click on takes too much of your solving time.

I like to continue the multis, maybe more mixed into different rounds than only within the last two. I use the iGridd, so I only could see them alltogether afterwards, but that was ok.

I'd also like to do some easier triddlers within the G-Match.

Start of next tournament:
Question before: What counts the "after summer" argument for the Australian, New Zealand and South African people? Sorry, I forgot Argentina. It is winter there now!
Everyone has some weeks in between where he/she can't take part.
We won't finish before Christmas anyway and I can't wait for it to continue, so I vote for July 19th.

I *really* liked the mini-marathons! It was a bit hard to have both of them at the very end, moreover the very last two releases required much time and concentration (that hit me at a time, where I had to continue my daywork :? ).
I think 4 of them may be too much and 3 do not justice the am/pm change. Maybe you can split the marathons next time to e.g. round 12 and 24. So people, who are away for 2-3 rounds en block are not thrown back so hard by points.

I thought a lot about having a 24-hour-marathon. I like the idea very much, but a participation really depends on the day it'll takes place. Someone wrote about planning your social life - I think not many people are able to keep a whole day free from *all* other duties and dates.
Setting up a timeframe like this means to me that I have to be in not really all the time but most of it and regularly from beginning to end. I can't imagine that many players can afford that - I guess about 30% of the G-Match community. So I'm afraid that too many of faithful players are banned from this event.
I just found out within the mini-marathon how difficult only 5 hours can be. During daytime you are disturbed, during night you fell asleep. - What will this be for 24 hours?

So I think a marathon like this really breaks with the form of the G-Match we have now.
But I really liked Momwiz' suggestion of setting up another type of marathon-tournaments, each round open 24 hours with releases every hour. This can also bring points back to people, who don't start with the round, but hours later. A variation of this idea is to release a bunch of puzzles at the beginning of a 24 hour round and not scoring the solving point in time after release, but the quickest solving time and to stop scoring after 24 hours.

I liked the new country-scoring and that you now show the scores within the users profile. But I think it would be nice to enlarge it.
I made 4th place in my country and I'm a little disappointed that the country score isn't shown in my profile at all. I also see many people in the country topplayers who have much less points than the 100th world topplayer. These people don't have a world listing in their profile.

I took part in only 2 or 3 rounds of the tournament before this one and I never found out how many points I got and where I finished in ranking. I really would have liked to know.

When I look in the Excel listing from round 23 I see 422 user listed within the world score, the last 5 of them having exactly 1 point. So the data is available.
I suggest to publish the results of all players within the world and country scores and to add the gathered points, e.g.: "This user won place no. 555 with 397 points in tournament X."

I see it olympic - it's the taking part that counts!

See you at the next G-Match!
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/11/08 5:44 PM as a reply to Hagit Maor.
Thank you for all your posts. :-)

-------------------------------
Corinna:
Could we have some more notice as to the time of the next match.
In the "Table of Score" News message, which is published less than 24 hours after the match, I announce the date of the next G-Match. This info also appears in the sticky thread "Table of Score". You can add that thread to your watchlist and receive an email the moment I update that thread.

---------------------------
carmitr:
Triddlers Ple-e-e-ase!
Rejected again. Sorry.
Rasto explained that triddlers could not be part of a common G-Match. Even the multis were complicated to implement for the iGridd users (look below). The only way to have triddlers as a game is to create a different match - T-Match. If we had more new and easy triddlers every week, if the number of triddler solvers was not 10% of all solvers, if programming a new match was not time consuming - we might have considered creating a T-Match.

Mini-multis:
The iGridd applet users can't see the multis as one unit during the first hour. We don't think it is such a big problem because the players are more focused in solving the puzzles as fast as they can, rather than looking at them. Usually the users go back to the puzzles after the match - to add a comment and vote. You can do the same with the multis.

Triangles:
Many of you wrote "not too many". DirtyDancer indicated: "When the list pops up not only with numbers, but also with letters up to "n" or "o" it simply overwhelms me".
This gave me an idea. We can set a limit. What is the maximum length of clues you want to see on the Palette Panel? I understand that "n" is too long. What is okay? We can discuss this issue in this week's chat and decide about the maximum number.

luweewu:
Expand the scoring list to at least 200 players.
Okay, with two exceptions:
1) It will not be done for the next match (look below when the next match starts).
2) The last table (winners of a complete tournament) will show 100 top players and certificates will be given to 100 users. Not 200.

DirtyDancer:
I took part in only 2 or 3 rounds of the tournament before this one and I never found out how many points I got and where I finished in ranking. I really would have liked to know.
We can't go back to old tournaments. After every match we make changes. It is too complicated to adjust old tournaments and re-calculate old data.

DirtyDancer:
I suggest to publish the results of all players within the world and country scores and to add the gathered points, e.g.: "This user won place no. 555 with 397 points in tournament X."
Not possible, for the same reason we limit the Top Solvers list to show top 1000.
We will show top 200 when we expand the list to 200 players.

pt108271/MomWiz/DirtyDancer:
Have an off match before the 6th G-Match tournament.
A 24 hour marathon would be a kick!
Setting up another type of marathon-tournaments, each round open 24 hours with releases every hour.

Okay!

The next G-Match will be on July 19th. We won't call it an off-match. It is the 6th G-Match tournament. It will have less than 24 rounds. Only 100 top players. No certificates will be issued at the end of the tournament. We can plan it together in this week's chat.

The 7th G-Match tournament will start on September 6th. This tournament will have 24 rounds and 200 top solvers.

We can set special G-Matches too. Like: 12-hour X 2 marathons. i.e.: 2 rounds, 12 releases every hour. Solvers who can't make it to 24 rounds will have the opportunity to win a G-Match in difficult and demanding 2 rounds.

Hagit
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/12/08 12:51 AM as a reply to Hagit Maor.
DirtyDancer:
Not possible, for the same reason we limit the Top Solvers list to show top 1000.
We will show top 200 when we expand the list to 200 players.

Think you mean a hundred, not a thousand, do you? emoticon

Thank you so much for providing a summer (or holiday) marathon "in between" for all of us who can't wait till September!
It's exciting looking forward to it, as I don't know yet, how it will be!

I can't join the chat tomorrow but I'm sure you people will arrange the best conditions for the marathon tournament!

Triangles:
Many of you wrote "not too many". DirtyDancer indicated: "When the list pops up not only with numbers, but also with letters up to "n" or "o" it simply overwhelms me".
This gave me an idea. We can set a limit. What is the maximum length of clues you want to see on the Palette Panel? I understand that "n" is too long. What is okay? We can discuss this issue in this week's chat and decide about the maximum number.

As there are 8 colours, the triangles start at No. 8. That makes 2 numbers of triangles, then the letters.
My limit for triangles is around c - d.

See you next week!
DirtyDancer
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/12/08 12:21 PM as a reply to Hagit Maor.
hagitm:

Triangles:

I have another idea how to measure the triangles in a puzzle. How about the percentage of triangle clues in all clues? Puzzle will be OK for G-Match, if it will have less than X % of triangles in clues.
For me optimal X is between 0 % and 25 %.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/12/08 6:09 PM as a reply to flim.
flim:
I have another idea how to measure the triangles in a puzzle. How about the percentage of triangle clues in all clues? Puzzle will be OK for G-Match, if it will have less than X % of triangles in clues.
For me optimal X is between 0 % and 25 %.

How I mean that:
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/12/08 8:18 PM as a reply to flim.
I see what you mean, flim. Well, I'm too "lazy" to claculate every puzzle, but with the new rules we set in the chat - I have a basic idea what is okay and what is not.

Thanks for your suggestion!
Hagit
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/12/08 8:21 PM as a reply to Anke Wallerer.
DirtyDancer:
Think you mean a hundred, not a thousand, do you? emoticon

I meant 1000. The Top 60 usernames are viewable to all, but if a user is in Top 1000 he/she can view their position and points amongst all other through the Top Solvers page.
Hagit
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/12/08 8:37 PM as a reply to Hagit Maor.
Thanks again for your suggestions. I also want to thank the people who attended the chat and inspired us with their ideas.

The result of your suggestions and requests is in the Site News.

Enjoy! :-)
Hagit
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
7/13/08 3:00 PM as a reply to Hagit Maor.
Quoting from the Site News:
The maximum number of clues will be 12-14. It can be 8 colors with fewer triangles or fewer colors and more triangles.

I checked puzzles that had been approved for the G-Match and found out that the limit of 12-14 would rule out a lot of nice puzzles.

This week we will have a puzzle with 20 clues. If the mid-time of that puzzle will be ~5 minutes it would be fair to say it was easy.

A tip for solving puzzles with a lot of clues:
It is much easier to change the left/right mouse colors by clicking on the clues in the left and top panes.
View an example with pictures.

Hagit
0 (0 Votes)

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.