« Back to Discussions

New MultiGriddler Voting System

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
New MultiGriddler Voting System
Answer
4/27/04 1:16 AM
I just have a few comments about the new voting on multigriddlers.

1) I don't know if it's really fair to compare multigriddlers to normal griddlers. Most people tend to vote based on how nice the picture is. For the most part a 50x50 picture can not compete with a 450x450 picture. The larger one can offer so much more detail than the smaller. You can see the results in the Most Popular now.

Therefore, is it possible to have both a Most Popular Griddler (not multis) and a Most Popular MultiGriddler? Or is that in the works?

2) Hate to be difficult BUT some of the multis I have done are not really multis. In the 2 different riddles (5558-5563 and 6089-6097) I did -- each puzzle was a different picture. BUT if you wanted to figure out the riddle you needed to solve all of them so we put them up as multis. I think these should be voted on individually since they are individual pictures.

For the puzzles I'm mentioning I don't care (if it's too much work to change them back) since people got to vote on them individually before -- but what about the future? If someone does a multi that's not really a multi can you allow individual pictures to be voted on right away?

Re: New MultiGriddler Voting System
Answer
4/27/04 6:21 PM as a reply to wiggles.
>Therefore, is it possible to have both a Most Popular Griddler (not multis) and a Most Popular MultiGriddler? Or is that in the works?

As mentioned in the news message, we were surprised by the results of the Most Popular tables too. However, it couldn't be predicted beforehand.

Wiggles suggested to have separate tables for Griddlers and MultiGriddlers. Best of last month? Best ever? Any other suggestions? Please Tell us.

>2) Hate to be difficult BUT some of the multis I have done are not really multis. In the 2 different riddles (5558-5563 and 6089-6097) I did -- each puzzle was a different picture. BUT if you wanted to figure out the riddle you needed to solve all of them so we put them up as multis. I think these should be voted on individually since they are individual pictures.

>For the puzzles I'm mentioning I don't care (if it's too much work to change them back) since people got to vote on them individually before --

It is not possible to revert these two series of puzzles and have the votes back. I'm sorry.

>but what about the future? If someone does a multi that's not really a multi can you allow individual pictures to be voted on right away?

A multi can get only one vote. If it's a series of puzzles, but not really a multi, the puzzles will not be bundled and each part can get a vote.

Hagit

Answer
4/27/04 6:59 PM as a reply to wiggles.
>Wiggles suggested to have separate tables for Griddlers and MultiGriddlers. Best of last month? Best ever? Any other suggestions? Please Tell us.

i think this is a great idea. as wiggles mentioned, multis are a very different animal from singles in many ways & therefore ought not be compared with them directly. &, for people like me who prefer multis, a weekly list would be a nice way to look for them.

Answer
4/27/04 7:16 PM as a reply to wiggles.
I agree - having them seperate would be nice - they really are 2 different types of puzzles in a sense.

It was interesting to see how many multis made it on to the most popular list - quite a surprise.

Mak

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.