Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Color indicator
Answer
2/14/07 2:54 PM
When I double-click on a clue and the Change Color box is displayed, I'd love for the swatch of the current color to be outlined or indicated in some other manner. Sometimes I want to change the color just a little to differentiate it from another clue's color but don't want it too different from the creator's original.

Re: Color indicator
Answer
2/14/07 4:02 PM as a reply to abaker.
[quote="abaker"]When I double-click on a clue and the Change Color box is displayed, I'd love for the swatch of the current color to be outlined or indicated in some other manner. Sometimes I want to change the color just a little to differentiate it from another clue's color but don't want it too different from the creator's original.
There are two other tabs in the Change Color window: HSB and RGB.

Select the HSB tab. A small circle shows you the current color. Click near that circle to get almost the same color. Look at the Preview frame at the bottom of this window to see the difference between the original color and yours. Click on Reset to go back to the original color.

The RGB tab works almost the same. Move the slider(s) in small steps to change the color(s) slightly. Look at the Preview frame to see the color change.

Hagit

Answer
2/15/07 7:44 AM as a reply to abaker.
That'll work. I never paid much attention to the other two tabs. It would be less mouse clicks, and less time, to be able to do it on the Swatches tab though.

Answer
2/25/07 7:52 PM as a reply to abaker.
Kind of a related comment about the Color Change dialog box. I have changed colors in a few griddlers recently and after solving the section I go back in and click the "Reset" button but it doesn't change to the original color. The only way the color changes back is when the griddler is solved and appears on the Details Screen (I do more Multi-griddlers than Griddlers). Is this a bug that needs to be fixed or could it be something in my own computer?

Ed

Answer
2/25/07 8:06 PM as a reply to abaker.
There is a way to get the original colors back. After clicking on 'Reset Colors', close the puzzle and switch to another list (The applet will only read the puzzle data if you leave the list). After this, when you go back, you'll have the original colors back. I admit it's not the way you'd expect it to work though.

Jelga

Answer
2/25/07 8:33 PM as a reply to abaker.
Forget that, it doesn't work anymore.

Let's declare it a bug! emoticon

Jelga

Answer
2/25/07 9:15 PM as a reply to abaker.
[quote="kruzy"]Kind of a related comment about the Color Change dialog box. I have changed colors in a few griddlers recently and after solving the section I go back in and click the "Reset" button but it doesn't change to the original color. The only way the color changes back is when the griddler is solved and appears on the Details Screen (I do more Multi-griddlers than Griddlers). Is this a bug that needs to be fixed or could it be something in my own computer?
Ed
No, it is not a bug, it works as you asked it to be: if you changed the colors of the puzzles and SAVE - the colors stays as you changed them until the puzzle is solved.

Reset Colors was never assigned to bring back the original colors. It brings back the default colors of the Grid/Grid5/Guides colors. That's also why it appears in the "block" of the Grid/Grid5/Guides.

So, if you saved the puzzle, the only way to have the original colors back is to use the Delete Saved button. But you probably don't want to do that. You changed the colors because you wanted to have "better" colors to solve "easily".

If you changed the colors and did not save, close the puzzle. Go back to the list and open the puzzle again.

Hagit

Answer
2/25/07 9:30 PM as a reply to abaker.
Ok, a good readon then to turn this into a request: Could we get a way to go back to the original colors of the puzzle? I would prefer it to be a different button (but only if that's not too much extra effort), so that I can keep my own settings for the grid and guides, but have the colors of the puzzle again the way the author chose them.

Something like a 'Reset Clue Colors' button. ;)

Jelga

Answer
2/27/07 1:51 AM as a reply to abaker.
While we're making wishes, is there some way to make color changes keep across all pieces of a multi? It can be crazy-making...

Answer
3/13/07 11:40 AM as a reply to abaker.
[quote="abaker"]When I double-click on a clue and the Change Color box is displayed, I'd love for the swatch of the current color to be outlined or indicated in some other manner. Sometimes I want to change the color just a little to differentiate it from another clue's color but don't want it too different from the creator's original.

Yes I would like the original colour to be highlighted on the swatch on opening as well - I'm sure it's not hard. It is annoying to have to go to the other tabs.

An alternative would be to have an option on the user profile as to which tab to default to when changing colurs. If it always came up on RGB I wouldn't be so fussed.

Thanks
sjl

Answer
3/13/07 7:30 PM as a reply to abaker.
[quote="sjl"]Yes I would like the original colour to be highlighted on the swatch on opening as well - I'm sure it's not hard. It is annoying to have to go to the other tabs.
In the workshop the authors can mix colors in the same way as you can on the RGB and HSB tabs. If they created their own shades, it wouldn't be possible to outline a swatch at all. The original color is shown in the bottom half of the swatches tab. So you can compare it to the shades above it and choose a color close to it - or a completely different one.

Jelga

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.