Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
X and O Markings
Answer
2/22/07 10:13 PM
Let me start by saying what a great job all of you have done in creating the new applet. Much more functionality and speed!!

The one suggestion I have though is the way Xs and Os are marked. I had really gotten used to holding the shift key and clicking once to mark and one more time to clear. Now we have to switch back and forth between the shift and control keys to mark and clear. To me it was easier the old way. Any feedback on this feature beside me? Any chance it could be programmed the old way? Or how about making it a preference in our profile so we can choose which way we like? Too many questions? OK - I'll stop! emoticon

Thanks all!!!

Re: X and O Markings
Answer
2/23/07 2:30 AM as a reply to kruzy.
I really like the new Xs and Os. Nice and easy to remember.

Left is X, right is O, Shift to put one there and control to remove.

I hadn't used them too much in the old applet and didn't have them committed to memory, so when I did use them I was trying random combinations of clicking / shift / control until I got what I was after.

Answer
2/23/07 6:59 AM as a reply to kruzy.
I only use 'em when doing a really hard puzzle so didn't get used to the old way either.

In the new applet, I know the way they work, but it's counter-intuitive. Even knowing, I keep trying to toggle them with the shift button.

On the other hand, it might be a good thing that they don't toggle. It makes it harder to accidentally screw up one's carefully won ideas.

Answer
5/10/07 1:34 PM as a reply to kruzy.
[quote="kruzy"]The one suggestion I have though is the way Xs and Os are marked. I had really gotten used to holding the shift key and clicking once to mark and one more time to clear. Now we have to switch back and forth between the shift and control keys to mark and clear.
The new way is easy to remember what mark is where and which key does what. We won't repeat the mistake we made in the old applet. It may take some time to relearn the new positions for people who used them a lot, but it'll be for the best.
Hagit

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.