« Back to iGridd Applet - Suggestion Box

Fill in an area with one click

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Fill in an area with one click
Answer
2/23/07 7:04 AM
A feature that I would really like is to be able to fill an entire area with just one click. For instance when I outlined a piece of the puzzle in one color and I know that the outline has to be filled in with another, I'd like to use a combination of Shift-Ctrl-Alt and one mouseclick to fill the entire outlined area. That sometimes saves a whole lot of work.

Can you make that happen, guys? Would be sooooo nice! emoticon

Greetz, Vera

Re: Fill in an area with one click
Answer
4/3/07 6:38 AM as a reply to aloha_vera.
This was form the beginning - when you open the solving window there are three buttons "free" "line" and "area" that allow drawing dots, lines or areas.

Answer
4/3/07 7:03 AM as a reply to aloha_vera.
That's not quite true. The last button enables you to fill in a square, not just any area. What I mean is that I would like an option - maybe a fourth button - that enables me to fill in an area of any shape with just one click. I would like it to work the same way as the Fill button in MsPaint.

emoticon greetz, Vera

Answer
4/4/07 7:41 AM as a reply to aloha_vera.
An area of ANY shape? Like a circle? How should that be done???

Answer
4/4/07 8:23 AM as a reply to aloha_vera.
Oh, it's doable. All the applet needs to do is start filling the picture from the point of mouseclick in all directions until a boundary gets hit, which can be either a different color or the edge of the puzzle. I'm sure the designers on de Griddlers team can come up with an algorithm to get that done. Being a software designer myself I'm sure that if I put my mind to it, I could come up with an algorithm myself. Actually, I'd be happy to assist emoticon.

Vera

Answer
4/15/07 9:11 AM as a reply to aloha_vera.
It's called flood filling. It's how drawing programs like DeluxePaint used to work. Kind of went away now with Photoshop... I would love to have that feature as well.

Answer
4/15/07 1:32 PM as a reply to aloha_vera.
[quote="tmeekins"]It's called flood filling. It's how drawing programs like DeluxePaint used to work. Kind of went away now with Photoshop... I would love to have that feature as well.

Yes, this would be especially useful in the workshop too ... if the "line drawing" black & white puzzle is not solvable, you can try filling some areas with color emoticon This feature will ease it ...

Answer
5/10/07 1:38 PM as a reply to aloha_vera.
This suggestion won't be implemented.
Hagit

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.