« Back to iGridd Applet - Suggestion Box

Multi griddlers - retaining changed colours across parts

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Hi

I often change the colours on puzzles to make them easier to differntiate. When doing a multi griddler, I would like the option to "Apply changed colours" to other parts.

At the moment, if I change colours in one part, it reverts to original colours when complete ( I like this feature so the puzzle can be viewed as it should be). however, when I go into the next part, I need to change the colours again and can't remember if I change the colours again - if I could use the same colour settings as in the first part where applicable it would be really good.

Thanks
sjl

Re: Multi griddlers - retaining changed colours across parts
Answer
3/13/07 7:15 PM as a reply to sjl.
I can see a few problems with this one. A minor one is the fact that different parts might have a different number of colors. One part will have 6 colors, another 8. So how would you apply the set of the first into the 2nd?

More complicated is the fact that for instance bright red will be connected to #2 in one part and #6 in another. So what would be better - have bright red always changed into your chosen shade of purple or would you rather always have the same shade of purple attached to the same number? (if that's the case, why not just ask for your private set of colors, attached to the keys. You could use them with any puzzle!)

Jelga :color:

Re: Multi griddlers - retaining changed colours across parts
Answer
3/13/07 9:51 PM as a reply to sjl.
Hi

Yep - it is a bit complicated, I agree. My suggestion is to have the option to apply changed colours where applicable.

If part one has 6 colours and part 2 has 8, then just the 6 colours would be changed. If there is a clash and one of the 6 colours is similar to, or the same as, one of the two new colours, then the user can change either of the colours again - in this way sort of building a pallette for the whole picture.

With regard to the second issue you raised, I would the changed colours to related to a colour, not a colour number. So If I haved Red to Purple, regardless whether Red is could #2 or #6, it would appear Purple.

Thanks
sjl

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.