Multis - Save Colour Changes.

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Multis - Save Colour Changes.
Answer
5/31/08 9:17 AM
Hi,

Some colours in puzzles (especially black and white) hurt my eyes, and others are too similar so I always change them to something I can work with.

After changing colours for the first part of a multi, it would be nice if they were remembered for the remaining parts.

RE: Multis - Save Colour Changes.
Answer
5/31/08 5:28 PM as a reply to ang77.
I agree. It gets tedious changing it for each part.

Answer
6/1/08 8:12 PM as a reply to ang77.
I agree, sort of emoticon Since I've gotten so used to the way it is I now use it as an opportunity to come up with more interesting color combinations emoticon

Answer
6/23/08 11:22 AM as a reply to glllop.
I have realised there is a problem with this suggestion. Colours don't always keep the same number/position from one part of the multi to the next! Also, not every part has all the colours.

I might be talking rubbish as I haven't actually created a puzzle, but I suspect the only way to achieve this would be to have one colour definition that is applied to all parts of the multi. Probably not a small job to achieve.

Answer
6/25/08 9:35 AM as a reply to ang77.
i always thought that the colors are in order of their frequency, the most frequently colors on the top of the color list....

Answer
6/25/08 11:39 AM as a reply to bullfrosch.
It's not the frequency, but the order in which they appear in the puzzle. The order is different in iGridd compared to the old site: in the old site the puzzle is checked by the rows from top left on, in iGridd, they seem to follow the left column top to bottom and then on to the next one. Also in iGridd the triangles will be at the bottom of the column, not mixed with the main colors like in the old applet.

(in fact it was Maarten that 'discovered' the logic behind the numbers of the colors, when I wondered about the order myself).

So the authors can't do much about the way the colors are numbered. The only thing you can do is just change the colors into your favorite combination when you start solving, unregarding the original colors of the puzzle.

Jelga

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.