iGridd Applet - Suggestion Box

Add puzzles to a saved list

Toggle
Add puzzles to a saved list
Answer
12/15/09 12:04 AM
I've just started using the IGridd applet, so apologies if this feature is already in there and I've missed it...

I'd like to be able to add individual new puzzles to a saved list. For example, I've created lists of puzzles by some of my favorite authors. If they come out with a new puzzle, I'd like to be able to add it to the list. I have a paper list of "next to try" puzzles; I'd like to build a list of them in IGridd, but they don't have any common features that I could search on. I'd like to be able to compile the list by entering the puzzle ID and adding it to a list.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Add puzzles to a saved list
Answer
12/15/09 10:41 AM as a reply to Tami Morse.
I second that.

Haven't found a way to do it, and would really appriciate it (if it is possible).
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/15/09 10:51 AM as a reply to Tami Morse.
There isn't an option to make a separate list of favorite puzzles. (I'd like that too!) But in the meantime, if you have iGridd there is a simple trick to mark at least some: Open the puzzle, fill in one cell and save it. It will now show up in you list with saved puzzles.

Jelga
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/21/09 5:39 AM as a reply to Jelga ..
Right, I've been doing just that. But now I think I've run into a bug:

I've got a list of puzzle ID's written on a piece of paper, and I've been trying to enter them in the Saved Puzzles list, like you said. I go to the home page, type in the ID, then hit Go. The puzzle opens up -- mind you, these are all multis -- and I open one piece to save so it goes in the list. That's the plan, anyway. But often, sometimes on the first puzzle, sometimes after two or three, iGridd locks up. The status bar briefly says "Processing data", then the list fills in with the puzzle segments and the status bar says "OK", but I can't select anything. Focus is gone and the title bar is grayed out. I can't press any buttons, I can't close the app from the title bar, I can't close the app by right clicking the icon in the task bar. The only thing I can do is open the Task Manager and end the task from there.

I thought maybe it was just slow (I've seen some comments to that effect here on the forum), so one day I left it in that state, went and made lunch, and came back half an hour later. Made no difference, it never came back.

I'm on Windows XP, running Java 6 update 17.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
12/22/09 7:12 AM as a reply to Tami Morse.
FAQ --> iGridd Applet and WebStart:

Q: I used WebStart before but now it works very slowly and sometimes I get an error message. How can I fix it?
A: If you use Windows XP (or a previous OS) - delete the following directory from your computer:
"C:\Documents and Settings\ < user > \Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment"
(< user > is your name on the computer).
Restart your computer and download WebStart.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/15/10 6:09 PM as a reply to Hagit Maor.
Maybe an option "last puzzles worked on" would be nice. I'm also always searching for the puzzle I'm working on ATM. If I have a list of the last puzzles I worked on that would make life a whole lot easier.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/15/10 8:04 PM as a reply to mdeen.
mdeen:
Maybe an option "last puzzles worked on" would be nice.

The applet's Home panel has two search options at the bottom of the page. The IDs in the search fields are of the last griddler and the last triddler you worked on.

Hagit
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/29/10 9:43 PM as a reply to Hagit Maor.
hagitm:
mdeen:
Maybe an option "last puzzles worked on" would be nice.

The applet's Home panel has two search options at the bottom of the page. The IDs in the search fields are of the last griddler and the last triddler you worked on.

Hagit

I'm afraid I can't find those. When I click on Home in the list, there is no search and no puzzle numbers
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
5/30/10 6:59 AM as a reply to mdeen.
Look at the picture below:

0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/6/10 8:34 PM as a reply to Hagit Maor.
I don't know that screen. I play griddlers from the website.

What could be a solution is the option to order the list of griddlers by solved date. I think that's an easy an quick solution.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
6/6/10 8:45 PM as a reply to mdeen.
Sorting puzzles by solving date is only available for people who are subscribed for the site and are able to use iGridd. In the past it was available for everyone, but it is an index that slows down the site too much.

Jelga
0 (0 Votes)

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.