iGridd Applet - Suggestion Box

Helping with Development

Toggle
Helping with Development
Answer
2/14/11 1:39 PM
Hi,

Sorry in advance if using a community thread is the inappropriate place to post this but I couldn't find another suitable way to get in touch. :-)

I am a recent arrival at the site, having avidly solved similar pic-a-pix puizzles at conceptis for a few years..

I am also a software architect by profession including almost 30 years designing applications, and 8 years experience working with Java.

I particularly like the triddlers and the fact that you have created a mechanism by which the community can design and contribute puzzles... great !

Having seen other applications for solving similar puzzles elsewhere (some features of which make the solving time significantly shorter by being more oriented around the visual solving process) I believe I could be of assistance in helping your development efforts.

In any case, even if you consider that the application is perfect as it stands, I am sure there must be a list of new features you would like to implement.

I couldn't see any obvious community (open-source type) development mechanism on the site, nor a formal (Bugzilla-type) list of bugs and enhancement requests, so perhaps you could direct me to relevant web-pages where I can get an understanding of how the developmnt is undertaken, how the various incarnations of the application stand in terms of features (there seems to be differences between the iphone app IGrid and the web site app), whether you have formal plans for improvements, and anything else I can read that would give me a better understanding of where I might be able to help in the process.

You can contact me here, or on my email w_k_244@hotmail.com

Thanks for a great site.

Cheers,

Warren Kinny
Australia.
0 (0 Votes)

RE: Helping with Development
Answer
2/14/11 1:50 PM as a reply to tdh777 ..
Just so you get an idea of what I mean by development ideas...

1) I couldn't find a way to click off the clues in triddlers... I notice from reading other forum posts that this was a problem as long as 2 years ago.. is there a way to do it now ?

2) There are a numnber of features on the griddlers application (like pause) that are not avilable on hte triddlers application.

3) A "help" function / button direct from the applications would be great.

4) I can't find an (obvious) way to turn off the yukky question mark default in the griddlers application. I read in another forum thread that this can be done in the igridd application... but is it something that you can do in the website solving app ? If so, please tell me how. :-)

There's a bunch more but that will give you some quick ideas.

Thanks,

Warren.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/18/11 11:57 AM as a reply to tdh777 ..
Hi Warren,

Please check your message box.

Regards,
Griddlers Team
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/21/11 7:55 PM as a reply to tdh777 ..
I am also curious if there is a way to click off the clues as they are solved for. Thank you
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/22/11 6:40 PM as a reply to haleymo ..
haleymo:
I am also curious if there is a way to click off the clues as they are solved for. Thank you

This option is already available. Take a look at our How to Use page and explore some useful tools.

Enjoy!
Hagit
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/23/11 1:58 AM as a reply to Hagit Maor.
hagitm:
haleymo:

This option is already available. Take a look at our How to Use page and explore some useful tools.

Enjoy!
Hagit

Hi guys,

Yes you can click off clues in Griddlers (although I think the "little circle" mechanism and Ctrl-Click combinations could be greatly improved by simply turning the background colour on the clue on/off instead) but my question was about TRIDDLERS, and not Griddlers.

I couldn't find any way in the web-based app to mark clues as done in Triddlers. Am I missing something ?

Also, could you please respond to my other previous question when you have time ?

tdh777:
4) I can't find an (obvious) way to turn off the yukky question mark default in the griddlers application. I read in another forum thread that this can be done in the igridd application... but is it something that you can do in the website solving app ? If so, please tell me how.

Thanks in advance !

Warren.
0 (0 Votes)

Answer
2/23/11 6:42 PM as a reply to tdh777 ..
Hi Warren,

All new developements to improve the site are usually only done for iGridd and Webstart. So removing the ? on the background or adding markers for Triddlers won't happen for the 'regular' part of the site.

Jelga
0 (0 Votes)

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.