Debating subscribing - some concerns

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Debating subscribing - some concerns
Answer
5/6/08 11:24 PM
Hi,

Let me start off by saying I LOVE this site. I have considered subscribing off and on ever since it became an option. However, every time I check out the applet I encounter issues. It is incredibly slow, does not load well or consistently, and it seems to be a bit buggy. Are these issues common with the application or do they occur just because I am not a subscriber and am in a different "mode"? The screen caps make it seem pretty cool!

Thanks,

Wendy

RE: Debating subscribing - some concerns
Answer
5/7/08 7:25 AM as a reply to wendy786.
Hi Wendy,

The only problem I experience with iGridd is the slowness. Sometimes it takes me over a minute to load the first list - which is way too long and one of the reasons something has to be done about the speed of the site. I don't know about any other bugs with iGridd - although I don't dare to blame anything you experience on using the applet as a none-subscriber.

Once the first list is loaded it all works fine for me and I wouldn't want to go back to the basic applet of the website at all.

However - if you subscribed and it turns out that iGridd does not work well for you (f.i. on a Mac you might experience problems) - I'm sure the Team won't hesitate to refund your donation. Get in touch with them if this is the only thing that makes you stop to subscribe!

Jelga

Answer
5/7/08 7:52 AM as a reply to wendy786.
wendy786:
HAre these issues common with the application or do they occur just because I am not a subscriber and am in a different "mode"? The screen caps make it seem pretty cool!

There are no different "modes". Subscribers has more options when they open the applet, but basically - the applet's performance is the same for everyone - subscribed or not.

What you describe can happen for two reasons:
1. The Java on your computer is not "old". This is easy to "fix" by downloading a new version of Java through http://www.java.com .
2. The applet uses the cache memory of the user's computer. If the computer is 10 years old it won't work well on it.

Hagit

Answer
5/7/08 2:50 PM as a reply to Jeltje.
Jeltje:
The only problem I experience with iGridd is the slowness. Sometimes it takes me over a minute to load the first list

Today for the first time in months, iGridd loaded the list right away. emoticon

Answer
5/7/08 8:37 PM as a reply to momb.
Agree,
removing the filter from the sites, did a wonderful thing to the speed of the applet. THX

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.