« Back to Your Thoughts

separate kiddlers

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
separate kiddlers
Answer
7/15/08 8:12 PM
Has anyone thought of separating kiddlers from griddlers? This would reduce the size the the griddlers database. Let the kids have their own site, add some other fun stuff. If the current tech team can't handle it, "sell" the kiddlers site to someone who has the time and forward thinking minds to manage it. I have been a member for several years now, and while I really enjoy the puzzles, the site seems to be lost in an old time zone. There are 2 ways to make money on game sites, membership money and ads. This site keeps bemoaning lack of funds but has done little to increase financial intake. I have never seen more than a 1000 or so members online at the same time. There should be 10 times that many after all these years. Maybe we can get a group together to buy out the entire site. Does anyone know who the site owner is? Just a thought...not a complaint as I really do enjoy the puzzles..but that is all I enjoy about it.

RE: separate kiddlers
Answer
7/15/08 8:33 PM as a reply to lioness999999.
lioness999999:
I have never seen more than a 1000 or so members online at the same time.

You're probably online at the wrong hours then. Each night between about 6pm GMT and 9pm GMT there are 1100-1400 users online. Right now, as I'm writing this I see 1172 in the right menu.

Does anyone know who the site owner is?

Sure, don't we all? The Team owns the site and consists of Hagitm and Ra100.

This site keeps bemoaning lack of funds but has done little to increase financial intake.

Several features have been added to make money, like iGridd, the artshop and Google Addwords. It might not be enough (I really don't know), but I'm sure if they knew a way to make money without taking away more features to the non-subscribers, they would implement it immediately.

Maybe we can get a group together to buy out the entire site.

If everyone who would be prepared to join you in this would donate the money directly to the site, the same effect would be reached. And Ra100 would still be there to program new features ;)

Jelga

Answer
7/20/08 2:47 PM as a reply to lioness999999.
lioness999999:
Has anyone thought of separating kiddlers from griddlers?

There is already a separate list for Kiddlers, my granddaughter uses it all the time to get to the puzzles she likes and having the kiddlers included in the regular griddlers list means that I get an occasional super easy puzzle as I work through the list of new puzzles. Personally, I don't want the kiddlers removed from the main list as I enjoy doing them as well.

There are 2 ways to make money on game sites, membership money and ads.

One of the best things about this site is the ABSENCE of ads, I really hope that enough members are subscribing or donating so that the team can continue to run it ad free.

Maybe we can get a group together to buy out the entire site. Does anyone know who the site owner is?

Maybe, before you start trying to get people together to buy the site you should contact the site owners (the link to email them is at the bottom of every page) and find out if they are interested in selling it.

Your thought seems to be that the site should be sold to someone who would turn it into a commercial operation that would be more for the owners to profit from than for the enjoyment of the community members. There are already more than enough for-profit sites on the web, Griddlers doesn't need to be ruined by being added to that list.

Answer
7/23/08 4:52 PM as a reply to LadyRose59.
Thank you Ladyrose for making a reply so much politer than I would have done.
This is a gentle community site and long may it remain so.

Forum Moderators: griddlers_team, elad, Ra100, chefmomster2, domi77, dreamtheater, elimaor, ElinaMaria, Jeltje, sslug, cosmictrombonis, raist.
Please read the Board-wide Policies before you start using this forum.